Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv What's your favorite movie?

raykv423

43 minutes ago, lomk said:

The Shawshank Redemption, hands down.

Others are The Hangover, Deadpool, Skyfall, Spirited Away, Jurassic Park, The Green Mile, Spaceballs, Airplane!, Young Frankenstein, and others. 

I also have fond memories of What Dreams May Come.

It wouldn't even be fair to list some of my favorite Disney animated movies. Tarzan, Mulan, Aladdin, The Lion King, The Princess and the Frog, The Little Mermaid, Treasure Planet, and The Emperor's New Groove.

I'll always have a soft spot for The Rescuers and The Great Mouse Detective. 

The opening scene of Oliver & Company always makes me teary. 

HOLY SHRIMP! YOU LIKE AIRPLANE! I'm glad there's someone who watched Airplane! movie. :-)

And don't call me Shirley!

8 hours ago, raykv423 said:

HOLY SHRIMP! YOU LIKE AIRPLANE! I'm glad there's someone who watched Airplane! movie. :-)

And don't call me Shirley!

My man. Probably my favorite two parts in the movie are:

"...and that led to my drinking problem."

*Dumps cup of juice all over himself*

And

"Smoking or non-smoking?"

"Smoking."

*Hands him a ticket that is literally billowing smoke."

My roommate in college introduced me to that movie and I couldn't believe I'd never seen it before. Leslie Nielsen was also a treat in that movie. 

You ever watched Young Frankenstein too? It's a lot like Airplane!

https://youtu.be/RyU99BCNRuU

"Perhaps I could help you with that hump."

"What hump?"

DEAD

Edited by lomk

4 hours ago, TVAPotato said:

Monster House just because of the animation and the characters, they are so funny in Spanish language.

HOLD UP, BOSS! YOU'RE FLUENT IN SPANISH? 

4 hours ago, lomk said:

My man. Probably my favorite two parts in the movie are:

"...and that led to my drinking problem."

*Dumps cup of juice all over himself*

And

"Smoking or non-smoking?"

"Smoking."

*Hands him a ticket that is literally billowing smoke."

My roommate in college introduced me to that movie and I couldn't believe I'd never seen it before. Leslie Nielsen was also a treat in that movie. 

You ever watched Young Frankenstein too? It's a lot like Airplane!

https://youtu.be/RyU99BCNRuU

"Perhaps I could help you with that hump."

"What hump?"

DEAD

Unfortunately, I never seen The Young Frankenstein, although it's something I always wanted to watch.

For some strange reason, I can imagine Airplane! but with MLP FiM and EQG characters (but on a kid-friendly PG level, that is) lol. 

Just now, TVAPotato said:

I'm a native spanish speaker, so yeah :ButtercupLaugh:

Dude, I know Spanish! :-) Apparently, my family is Mexican so....

I don't speak it very much since I'm much more fluent in English but I still understand it several times. 

• 3 weeks later...

@raykv423

Moved to Media Discussion with the appropriate tag.

My favorite movie is Dumb & Dumber. It is a comedy gem and I have seen it more times than I can count.

GoldenScratchyEsok-size_restricted.gif

• Brohoof 1

My favorite depends on which one I’m watching at the moment, but here’s the general line-up (maybe, or maybe not in order):

Return of the Jedi,

Beauty and the Beast (animated),

Tangled (tied with the previous),

Your Name,

Raiders of the Lost Ark,

Far And Away.

I know I shouldn’t be naming so many, but dang! I can’t trim the list any more than this. Sorry.

• Brohoof 5

My favorite Movie off all time is actually Batman v Superman - Dawn of Justice.

Its just a shame that some people think you are a troll while saying that, just because it faced negative reviews.

I actually think the movie was perfect, it was everything i hoped for, for the long awaited face off of DCs 2 most biggest Heroes in terms of popularity. I enjoyed the action, the emotional depth, the visuals, pretty much everything.

Other great Movies include Mad Max - Fury Road, everything Don Bluth, John dies at the end and Disneys John Carter, with most of these being way to underrated and overlooked for how great they actually are in my eyes.

• Brohoof 2

Probably Brokeback Mountain <3 

Burned out on it now, but daaaamn. When I think of America it's a mixture of this 

and this (it shows Oregon landscape). Sufjan actually wrote a song for the 'I, Tonya' movie which is also about America and is very good! She didn't think much of the song though.

1270624088_sufjanstevensjohn.thumb.png.0bb72d73e30df5efdf58b557d505e908.png

• Brohoof 2

On 1/2/2021 at 12:30 AM, CowBoyKid said:

Back to the future is my fav movie 

Marty, WE GOTTA GO BACK TO 1985 AND SKIP 2020!

On 1/8/2021 at 2:37 AM, Dreambiscuit said:

Raiders of the Lost Ark,

OMG I SEEN THAT MOVIE!!!! :pinkie: I ENJOY IT! 

• Brohoof 1

Liz and the Blue Bird! Easily my fav film of all time! Saw it back in November and this film just ugh! Words can't even describe how it affected me. saw it three times the day I saw it and 2 more times within those 5 days. 

lizandthe.jpg.0ebe80d42ea5aa8b23a507835a798aea.jpg

My favorite films before I saw this film were Carol, Portrait of a Lady on Fire, The Truman Show, Les Miserables, and Coco 

(Side Note: loving the "Your Name" mentions. I love that film too! One of my favs as well and either my second or 3rd fav anime film. the other being A Silent Voice)

• Brohoof 1

On 1/9/2021 at 11:41 PM, Sparklefan1234 said:

My favorite Pixar movie is Toy Story (1995) and my favorite Disney movie is Zootopia (2016).

I love those two movies! :pinkie:

Btw, YOU"RE JUST A TOY!:glimmer: And DON"T CALL ME CUTE, CARROTS!:yeahno: 

Sorry, I cannot resist saying them lol :lie:

34 minutes ago, Osoka_Topez said:

Does it count for saying all the Disney Marvel Movies besides Captain Marvel. Sorry there can never be just one favorite movie on my list.👌

Yeah. It does count, man. :-)

• 5 months later...

My favourite personally is Full Metal Jacket. I also thought One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, Taxi Driver, Donnie Darko and A Clockwork Orange were great too.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine's Batman Begin, I watch it in the cinema and it's big room and we're on holiday (Bournemouth) our parents in the beach and me and my brother went in the Cinema to watch Batman Begin. It made an impact in me. Also into superhero movies.

• 2 weeks later...