Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

[Pictures!] REVEALED: G5 main characters, toyline, screenshots, and more - from Hasbro investor relations meeting

75ponii

HOLY MOLY

I almost choked on air?? The animation is so fluid and smooth?? I absolutely adore it?? :mlp_ooh:

Also love to add how you can see somewhat of a gradient in Sunny's mane.. it's a mixture of purple and pink! That's quite interesting!

Edited by Neoeryn

CGI...yeah not sitting well for me here. I kinda wish they just keep it 2D but make the animation looks nice like they did with the first MLP movie. The characters design I already say is a bit cringy but it will take some time to get use too. I'm curious what they will look like in 2D instead for the series. 

• Brohoof 1

24 minutes ago, TBD said:

I'm curious what they will look like in 2D instead for the series. 

Isn't the whole series supposed to be 3D CGI stuff? :mlp_wat: Or are they going to go back to an MLP movie type of animation style for the series itself? I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to be 2D at all except for merchandise and such :huh:  

2 minutes ago, King of Canterlot said:

Isn't the whole series supposed to be 3D CGI stuff? :mlp_wat: Or are they going to go back to an MLP movie type of animation style for the series itself? I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to be 2D at all except for merchandise and such :huh:  

Wait, so it's just going to be 3D CGI then? I thought it's just for the movie. 

1 minute ago, TBD said:

Wait, so it's just going to be 3D CGI then? I thought it's just for the movie. 

Well, they're doing it for the new movie, and then I also thought that the normal series itself (which they said will launch in the spring of 2022) is going to be all 3D animated too, but I'm not sure if it's going to look exactly like what the movie is going to look like. I thought the series will look something like Rainbow Road-trip or the 2017 MLP movie did, but I guess I'm not entirely sure, they may just go all out in the 3D CGI stuff for the whole generation. I know for sure though I haven't seen any mention of anything expect for physical merch being in a 2D style :sealed:  

• Brohoof 1

Well, they're doing it for the new movie, and then I also thought that the normal series itself (which they said will launch in the spring of 2022) is going to be all 3D animated too, but I'm not sure if it's going to look exactly like what the movie is going to look like. I thought the series will look something like Rainbow Road-trip or the 2017 MLP movie did, but I guess I'm not entirely sure, they may just go all out in the 3D CGI stuff for the whole generation. I know for sure though I haven't seen any mention of anything expect for physical merch being in a 2D style :sealed:  

oh..I'm honestly don't like the idea of it being 3D for the whole series. It would surely lose its charm. :blush:

• Brohoof 3

1 minute ago, TBD said:

oh..I'm honestly don't like the idea of it being 3D for the whole series. It would surely lose its charm. :blush:

I'm with you there, 3D CGI stuff is just too generic, and it doesn't look as timeless as G4 does. But, that's just the way the animation industry has been moving since Flash pretty much shut down- the future is CGI 3D stuff apparently :sunny:   

I'm with you there, 3D CGI stuff is just too generic, and it doesn't look as timeless as G4 does. But, that's just the way the animation industry has been moving since Flash pretty much shut down- the future is CGI 3D stuff apparently :sunny:   

Guess we'll just have to see it and maybe the characters and the plot will make it likable enough that CGI won't be problem and we can just bypass that!

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, TBD said:

Guess we'll just have to see it and maybe the characters and the plot will make it likable enough that CGI won't be problem and we can just bypass that!

Same. I hope it's good, I want it to be good, but right now we can only really wait and see :o 

• The title was changed to [Pictures!] REVEALED: G5 main characters, toyline, screenshots, and more - from Hasbro investor relations meeting
  • The topic was featured

Eugh. Don't like most forms of 3D animation, and though I sound like an entitled dweeb for saying it, it's almost insulting Hasbro's taking the cheaper animation route this time around. I know that Flash is leaving and such, but there are still methods for 2D. Feels like they're settling based on pricetag and that doesn't sit well for me.

Not that it looks bad for 3D, but...eh. Writing is gonna need to save that for me. :mlp_wat:

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, ShadOBabe said:

I know right? What the hell, why are their muzzles so short??

It looks like they were inspired by quite a few depictions of FiM fan art. Hasbro hired a Brony fan artist to help design the characters. That style can be seen popularized by assassinmonkey here and some others. 

1 minute ago, NavelColt said:

Not that it looks bad for 3D, but...eh. Writing is gonna need to save that for me. 

Changelings may very well be in this version because same universe. I’m actually really curious how they translate into this style. 

• Brohoof 1

• The topic was unfeatured
4 hours ago, Jeric said:

It looks like they were inspired by quite a few depictions of FiM fan art. Hasbro hired a Brony fan artist to help design the characters. That style can be seen popularized by assassinmonkey.

I’d heard that. But look at that art and then look at the toys again. The art still gives them muzzles. The toys have almost completely flat faces.

• Brohoof 1

Silly Izzy :wub:. I think I’m calling her that from now on :mlp_icwudt:

image.thumb.png.b4c85aa03f92ac9eb23907ea8ad24011.png

Moonbows, which compose her second name, are basically rainbows produced by moonlight, instead of sunlight, unlike the better known rainbows. They are a pretty rare phenomenon 

• Brohoof 3