Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Art Contest - March 2021

Lord Valtasar

valtasar.png.6b924e699b57d3665a56527702ad985e.png It's been a while since we had one of these, so we'll have two this time, one with the regular month long deadline, and a simpler one for just a week
let's start with the smaller one, this one's going to be for a banner, and the theme is
'G5' it must fit as a banner so make it about 4:1 Ratio and it must also include the words 'MLP Forums' somewhere. edits are allowed for this one, it doesn't have to be made from scratch. Deadline is march 8th
the winner's entry will have their banner featured first, but we may also use the others for the following weeks

Roseluck.png.e7e1e531c3b7c1b4c8cf627de46c1184.png as for the regular contest, the theme is 'Flowers' you will have to design a pony (or any other canon mlp universe creatures) inspired by a flower, or even arangement of different flowers. it has to be a New character, you can't just redraw a pre-existing one, you can however use a base as long as you mention it and credit whoever made it. deadline is at March 31st at which point a winner will be chosen and they will get the 'art contest winner' rank until the next art contest weilds a new winner

valtasar.png.6b924e699b57d3665a56527702ad985e.png post the entries for both in this thread, preferably in a spoiler tag, mentioning for which one it is outside it. if you have any questions feel free to tag me and i'll answer them when i can
good luck, and more importantly, have fun

• Brohoof 9

• This topic was featured and pinned
(edited)

Where can I upload my art to enter if I may ask? Deviantart or something? I could send you a DM of a pic of my art I made but sadly, DM doesn't have a option where you can send a pic (just the ones with URL).

Edited by raykv423

44 minutes ago, Flying Pencil said:

Are we only allowed to do both contests or just one. For example, could I just do the flower pony contest without doing the other one?

they are seperate things, you can participate in as many as you want

57 minutes ago, raykv423 said:

Where can I upload my art to enter if I may ask? Deviantart or something? I could send you a DM of a pic of my art I made but sadly, DM doesn't have a option where you can send a pic (just the ones with URL).

6 hours ago, Lord Valtasar said:

valtasar.png.6b924e699b57d3665a56527702ad985e.png post the entries for both in this thread

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, raykv423 said:

You can upload pictures from your computer/phone straight to the comments in the forums. You can also right click your picture on deviantart and you should get “Open Image in New Tab”.

Once the tab with the picture opens, you can copy/paste the address into the text box on the forums and it will usually be automatically posted as an image.

6 hours ago, Lord Valtasar said:

you will have to design a pony (or any other canon mlp universe creatures) inspired by a flower

Well that sounds fun! Hopefully I can get my computer moved to my apartment soon and start working on that.

• Brohoof 3

4 hours ago, Mediocre Mare said:
  Hide contents

1717090630_image_6487327(16).thumb.JPG.d4de44efae3786a2bdff29f9f68d732f.JPG

Meet Princess Nightshade! Had a lot of fun designing this one, didnt give her any sort of backstory; I just like drawing princess characters ha 

Uh oh! Better step up my game... XD 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
On 2021-03-01 at 11:24 PM, Lord Valtasar said:

this one's going to be for a banner, and the theme is 'G5' it must fit as a banner so make it about 4:1 Ratio and it must also include the words 'MLP Forums' somewhere

@Lord Valtasar

You mean like this?

Spoiler

749487437_ABanner-1.jpg.d098ec9fda1c0266cd77fd24987d92c5.jpg

P.S I have a more improved version of it.

Edited by Windy Breeze
  • Brohoof 4

14 hours ago, Windy Breeze said:

@Lord Valtasar

You mean like this?

Hide contents

749487437_ABanner-1.jpg.d098ec9fda1c0266cd77fd24987d92c5.jpg

P.S I have a more improved version of it.

if you mean the ratio,yeah, the theme is G5(as in generation 5 of mlp) for the banner thing though.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
5 hours ago, Lord Valtasar said:

if you mean the ratio,yeah, the theme is G5(as in generation 5 of mlp) for the banner thing though.

@Lord Valtasar

Oh, so you mean there are two separate contests. Oh, I did not realize that, silly me :sealed:

Edited by Windy Breeze

Spoiler

1179741906_DandilionPonyFINAL.png.0737882f35c565cd3fe35a68a804aed2.png

This is Pappus (Dandelion Seed) Wish. He encourages other ponies to let go of their troubles and hold onto their dreams and desires. He strongly believes in the power of wish-granting though blowing on dandelion seeds.

• Brohoof 2

43 minutes ago, ExplosionMare said:
  Hide contents

1179741906_DandilionPonyFINAL.png.0737882f35c565cd3fe35a68a804aed2.png

This is Pappus (Dandelion Seed) Wish. He encourages other ponies to let go of their troubles and hold onto their dreams and desires. He strongly believes in the power of wish-granting though blowing on dandelion seeds.

I wish I could see your artwork just like everypony else