Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Two more ponies revealed for G5.

CastletonSnob

32 minutes ago, Treeglow Flicker said:

I hope that phone exists only to fall in a toilet at the start of the movie. Anyway. If friendship between the ponies is on the rocks, then it could be because they're too busy looking at their screens to make eye contact and have a proper conversation. Frustrates the shizzle out of me, I know that much. Seriously though. I still like what I'm seeing, but may end up creating a luddite OC pony for G5 whose cutie mark is a phone and a hammer. :P

Brilliant. I LOVE it.

49 minutes ago, Treeglow Flicker said:

I hope that phone exists only to fall in a toilet at the start of the movie. Anyway. If friendship between the ponies is on the rocks, then it could be because they're too busy looking at their screens to make eye contact and have a proper conversation. Frustrates the shizzle out of me, I know that much. Seriously though. I still like what I'm seeing, but may end up creating a luddite OC pony for G5 whose cutie mark is a phone and a hammer. :P

Believe it or not, Pony Life had an episode teaching kids that internet fame is a farce. What you mentioned in bold...that actually could happen:BrightMacContent:

• Brohoof 2

Guys guys would you please stop making technology look evil? Ralph Breaks the Internet shows both the bad and good sides of technology for example. Ralph discovers in the comment section that there are some people who don't like him and it made him realize that his friendship with Vallenope is more important than some random stranger. And the Internet allowed the two to stay in contact and friendship even she essentially moved to the "City".

I thought this topic was supposed to be about the new ponies, not the technology.

• Brohoof 2

While we can talk about how phones could play a role in this movie,

this thread is not to be used to discuss phones in any other way.

All in All, I shall wait for the official introduction of all the characters in the upcoming Generation 5

Edited by Will Guide
Removing post that I rewritten in a better topic

@The Wife of Hawks

Is there a way for me to move the above post of mine and the quoted boxes to the topic "Technology in Equestria (possibly replacing magic)"? Because the best I can do on my own is provide a shared link to this post on this topic. And when I try to use the edit to copy, I can't copy the quoted boxes and take them with me so to speak.

EDIT: I found a way so you can delete this post if you wish

7 hours ago, CloudMistDragon said:

Believe it or not, Pony Life had an episode teaching kids that internet fame is a farce. What you mentioned in bold...that actually could happen:BrightMacContent:

No offense but screw Pony Life. It doesn't exist. :dry:

Pip petals wings look even nicer than the art work ive seen so far. They look so comfy and fluffy I think I like her more now haha. (Then again the hooves r they gold plated XD)

yeah zipp reminds me of like rainbow dash when she sports that other alternative hair cut but more serious looking. Not in a bad sense she does kinda have that lesbo look ahahah. Her wings are kinda colourful in the same way as dash and the whole tomboyishness so I think she is fufilling the same kinda role. I think tho they could have been a little more original like why make the pegasus a tomboy and why the same sort? Or well she looks more serious at least XD and maybe cool idk need to see more. Still I like what I see so far tbh not bad at all.

Like commented b4 in this thread it's weird what kind of names they chose there is a strange trend going on, and they all so sameyy. But not bad no.

Oh and I only just saw the cell phone (I saw the characters announced elsewhere first)

Meh I mean it's alright I just hope they won't keep showing it all the time lol focus on the story not the tech. I get tho this is set in the future and kinda slightly dystopian one hhahah but I don't get why they had go place it in the trailer, dont use phones while flying too XD

Edited by flurry

3 hours ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

Yeah I see that as mostly a money grab lol tho sure kids may like it, I couldn't watch the series tho it made my eyes go funny with all the quick movement lol

I do admit to liking those weird animal characters they introduced I think its the second series just from the trailer.

But more in the sense they would make a cute toy not sure what their role would be in a show, I heard bad things about that xP Felt like a toy ad

• Brohoof 1

Now, I'm finally sure Pipp is officially in the movie though I didn't expect to see Zipp since I never heard of it, she does look a bit off and I don't like her design but I'm still expecting what her role will be in the movie and that tomboyish look on her face is what makes her interesting of what she might do in the movie.

I always find official designs of these G5 ponies (probably except Zipp) to be cool, especially Izzy and Pipp. Pipp's head accessory reminds me of the ancient greeks and I like her golden hooves.

I agree with most of everyone when it comes to the phone. It just makes it lame when you add technology to a movie which is supposed to be magical, also phones make communication a lot too easier.

Spoiler

On the bright side, their phone design is much more better than mine.

Despite the presence of phones, I'm still hoping this will be a good G5 movie just like all of G4.

Edited by Windy Breeze
  • Brohoof 2

5 hours ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

I agree!:ticking:

2 hours ago, flurry said:

Yeah I see that as mostly a money grab lol tho sure kids may like it, I couldn't watch the series tho it made my eyes go funny with all the quick movement lol

I do admit to liking those weird animal characters they introduced I think its the second series just from the trailer.

But more in the sense they would make a cute toy not sure what their role would be in a show, I heard bad things about that xP Felt like a toy ad

Not as bad as say Newborn Cuties from G3.5, but it feels like MLP equivalent of Teen Titans Go.

18 minutes ago, JMTV99 said:

Newborn Cuties

I don't think anything is as bad as that no offense XD I had a look b4 and wow they looked freaky and the content looked like for literal babies lol

310.png.16c07c7ea5f78f087646f598b9187ee0.png

Pinkie pie lool

Yea it had a bit of teen titans go vibe to it but i think yea thats worse too tho im sure some ppl enjoyed it for one reason or another XP

power puff girls is another thing that comes to mind maybe just due to the hate lol since idk if it's comparable but still 

Edited by flurry

Im thinking now zipp does look like a recolour of the concept art design for rainbow dash that was leaked for g5 if people remember that rainbow dash looked sort of like that with rainbow wings and a more forward hairstyle (or like at the end of mlp). And white is just an alternative to the light blue colour scheme. And a more punk hair. I could see that new character being a wonderbolt too. 

10 minutes ago, flurry said:

I don't think anything is as bad as that no offense XD I had a look b4 and wow they looked freaky and the content looked like for literal babies lol

310.png.16c07c7ea5f78f087646f598b9187ee0.png

Pinkie pie lool

Yea it had a bit of teen titans go vibe to it but i think yea thats worse too tho im sure some ppl enjoyed it for one reason or another XP

power puff girls is another thing that comes to mind maybe just due to the hate lol since idk if it's comparable but still 

Yeah, that is so true lol:laugh:

You mean the 2016 reboot? Well, that's hard to say since PPG 2016 is bad on it's own right.

But let's not get into that since that's a whole different rabbit hole. Let's get back on track.

Edited by JMTV99
  • Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, flurry said:

Im thinking now zipp does look like a recolour of the concept art design for rainbow dash that was leaked for g5 if people remember that rainbow dash looked sort of like that with rainbow wings and a more forward hairstyle (or like at the end of mlp). And white is just an alternative to the light blue colour scheme. And a more punk hair. I could see that new character being a wonderbolt too. 

If The Wonderbolts actually still existed in G5, then yeah, I can see that.

• Brohoof 2

5 minutes ago, JMTV99 said:

Yeah by now it would make sense they were gone then again a similar organisation could exist? Maybe

Also a bit of a stretch but I can see pip's wings looking a bit like the leaked concept art of how pinkie pie would look if she had wings. A lot more fluffy and cloud like feathers. 

Some of the other characters do give parallel feelings too I remember they wanted apple jack to have a more urban feeling for one and well the orange one feels like an urban apple jack to me ha tho she is much more complicated than that personality wise and twilight influences too. But I try not to talk about the  others so much as this thread is about these two haha 

Edited by flurry

5 minutes ago, JMTV99 said:

Aiyeeeeeee ~💙 why I never see the Wonderbolts being mentioned here? That would have been cool if the Wonderbolts are still a thing in the G5 movie! :pinkie:

• Brohoof 2

I love Pipp, she looks amazing! As for Zipp, I'm not fond of the coolness/awesomeness thing in another pony, Rainbow Dash was the only pony who pulled it off best, but I'm willing to at least wait and see how it turns out for Zipp.

On 2021-04-09 at 2:57 PM, Sparklefan1234 said:

Also, if they don't have "E (questria) mail" then they've missed a big opportunity for a silly pun. 

the office GIF :P

11 hours ago, Windy Breeze said:

she does look a bit off and I don't like her design but I'm still expecting what her role will be in the movie and that tomboyish look on her face is what makes her interesting of what she might do in the movie

Wait Zipp is a she? I thought Zipp is a he. :huh:

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, EpicEnergy said:

I love Pipp, she looks amazing! As for Zipp, I'm not fond of the coolness/awesomeness thing in another pony, Rainbow Dash was the only pony who pulled it off best, but I'm willing to at least wait and see how it turns out for Zipp.

the office GIF :P

Wait Zipp is a she? I thought Zipp is a he. :huh:

I didn't know Zipp's gender yet. Their color deceived me.

• Brohoof 1

Now I think they could have done more with the hair on Zipp I saw some cool fan art with puffy hair curly hair but like they really could have gone wild with it yet they went with that samey old cut. 

Character designs are looking good, especially for Zipp. I remember there was a commercial for FiM that was a parody smartphone ad when it comes to the phone part, so it's not the first time Hasbro has played with the idea of ponies with phones. I understand of the concerns on the smartphones overall though. 

Edited by TransitPony
  • Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, TransitPony said:

I remember there was a commercial for FiM that was a parody smartphone ad when it comes to the phone part, so it's not the first time Hasbro has played with the idea of ponies with phones.

Wait, you mean The Hub Network's There's a Pony for That' ad back in 2011?

Eh, that's different since that was more of a marketing thing than someone actually thought of.

12 hours ago, JMTV99 said:

Wait, you mean The Hub Network's There's a Pony for That' ad back in 2011?

Eh, that's different since that was more of a marketing thing than someone actually thought of.

Yup, that’s the one. Also, this was nearly 10 years ago. Time flies by so fast. 

• Brohoof 1