Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Two more ponies revealed for G5.

CastletonSnob

8 hours ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

AND WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THEIR HOOVES?!

28 minutes ago, Sparkly sparks said:

how do they not drop em?

It looks like the back of the phone has an attachment that they pop their hooves into to keep them from dropping it.

• Brohoof 1

I'm impressed by amount of disasters achieved in just a 10-second video with no sound. vZYwsp7.png oR99yPj.png

I don't like where it is going. ddWaxo3.png

sig-4681682.1210174__safe_solo_rarity_sc

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, ShadOBabe said:

It looks like the back of the phone has an attachment that they pop their hooves into to keep them from dropping it.

ya know, that would make sense

question is, how to they use the touch scre-

OOOOHHHH

MAYBE THEY'RE RESISTIVE AND NOT CAPACITIVE TOUCHSCREENS

i stupid

...or maybe its just magic?

• Brohoof 1

Zipp Storm seems to be the new Rainbow Dash of G5? Well at least to me. I immediately got that sort of vibe off from her the moment she popped up on screen. Maybe if the Elements Of Harmony are still around, she'll be the Element Of Loyalty? She seems like the Loyal type of character. Guess we'll have to wait and see  :dash:

I still want the upcoming movie to be good, but I think more people are understanding now why I kept my expectations low. ^_^

2 hours ago, Splashee said:

Difficult to tell right now. Question, will this new idea of technology change before the movie comes out, because of fans getting mad? It has happen in the past:

Reveal hidden contents

sonic.jpg

Probably not. Not only was Sonic's look just a visual change rather than something that's likely been incorporated into the world, the edit to Sonic's design took an incredible amount of digital work inspired by an incredible amount of backlash online for a big-budget motion picture. This is a likely low-budget picture for "little girls and creepy weirdos". I don't see them going that country mile for us. :coco:

• Brohoof 2

Is it just me or do these seem to be slightly different styles again?(animation wise)

The body still looks like a German Shepard's to me, instead of a horse.Too much slope from the shoulders back, same can be said about the rear legs.

I'm going to say it now and hope I'm wrong but the phone one, will be centered around the phone I'm going to guess. 

Perhaps this is an overreaction on my part, but I'm already over G5 with this snippet alone. All I ever need is a world to be invested in, characters to like and stories to remember. Not some garbage that exists mainly to pander to a brainless youth that doesn't even give a shit regardless. I'm done with obvious exploitation by giant corporations. I will need to be impressed by their efforts when this launches for any chance of me sticking with it. Not that my participation even matters in the first place. Let me have a magical world with colorful ponies. Not some horrid reflection of this reality.

• Brohoof 3

16 minutes ago, Flutterstep said:

Since they have phones, do they need to hang out and have adventures? They can just stay at home and send each other selfies. :nom:

*After seeing Pipp with an "iPone"*  My Little Pony: FaceTime is Magic :P

• Brohoof 2

Probable explanation for typing:

When Chinese need to type Chinese characters on the phone. Apart from spelling it out,they can choose to write.The keyboard softwares have a mode to identify whatever you write in a board and transform them into texts.It's a little inefficient, but still usable.

• Brohoof 1

I honestly don't give a shit about the existence of smartphones or social media, both in this movie, and for that post above lol

Edited by Megas

The only thing I'm really concerned about is their possibile prevelence. I'm ok with having them exist in the world in general though.

Pipp, please don't start talking about your likes, follows, or your "feed". 

19 hours ago, ShadOBabe said:

Good eye. That attachment might even be part of the phone's protective case and not on the phone itself. That way each pony can have the horseshoe slot custom fitted to their shoe size when they purchase a cover.

Or.... either the phones or the horseshoes are magnetic, and whichever one is magnetic, the other has some iron in it so it sticks to their hooves. Perhaps Pipp's gold horseshoes are just gold plated and either iron or magnetic under the gold?

The bigger question is where do they put items like these phones when they needs to walk around? Sunny has a saddlebag but I don't see anything like that on Pipp. Maybe she doesn't believe in walking and only flies all the time, lol? (Speaking of which, I guess flying isn't considered pegasus magic anymore since these ponies seem to have evolved to fly without it.)

• Brohoof 1

I feel kind of awkward being the devil's advocate defending there being phones in Equestria, but it just does not surprise me after not only Pony Life had them, but Equestria Girls too. I feel this kind of thing was coming for a long time, now that phones are sadly most people's lives. Still, I hope this doesn't affect the quality of the script the same way modern technology didn't affect the quality of the aforementioned (most people who hate the aforementioned hate them regardless), even if a cringy joke or two about TritTrot wouldn't surprise me. :mlp_icwudt:

• Brohoof 1

I hope that phone exists only to fall in a toilet at the start of the movie. Anyway. If friendship between the ponies is on the rocks, then it could be because they're too busy looking at their screens to make eye contact and have a proper conversation. Frustrates the shizzle out of me, I know that much. Seriously though. I still like what I'm seeing, but may end up creating a luddite OC pony for G5 whose cutie mark is a phone and a hammer. :P