Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Two more ponies revealed for G5.

CastletonSnob

(edited)

Well... sh*t. They have phones. :(
I don’t think I’m gonna like this then because it’s already ruining the timelessness of FiM:worry:

AND WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THEIR HOOVES?!

Edited by TomDaBombMLP
  • Brohoof 2

At last our final two main characters have been revealed, yay! Though, I had no clue they actually are going to reveal them so soon. 

Anyway, I'm glad nonetheless. 

Also, that lone sound effect at the end, omg :ButtercupLaugh:

• Brohoof 2

33 minutes ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

They have phones. :(
I don’t think I’m gonna like this then because it’s already ruining the timelessness of FiM:worry:

It took me a couple views to see the phone, I don't know if I'm happy that this is going to be a bit more modern or not. 

Also, if they don't have "E (questria) mail" then they've missed a big opportunity for a silly pun. 

• Brohoof 1

Finally we get to see what these two look like in the new 3D animation style. First off, I like Pipp's design, she looks pretty adorable ! My only real grip with her design is that the wings look a bit off. As for Zipp I'm not quite as enthusiastic about her design. I mean she's okay, but she kinda just looks like a sloppy attempt at recreating Rainbow Dash (I much prefer Rainbow's design over hers). Plus, her wings also look a tad off. Though I do think it's neat that they are sisters, especially since they appear to be fairly different from each other.

One thing I have to mention is the cell phone. I was afraid that this would happen. This, along with other forms of modern day technology, could greatly affect the movie/series negatively. Not only could it possibly be distracting and make things boring, it would break the emersion. Having characters on their phones 24/7 would be very uninteresting, and would feel to much like real life. This is not a very good sign. At this point all I can do is hope that it won't be a big aspect of the movie/series.

Overall though, I'm glad we're getting more info and images of G5

• Brohoof 5

Well, I am not thrilled about the phones, I am afraid it will have a negative effect on the series but its cool we got the official designs for Zipp and Pipp. I especially like how Pipp looks here.

• Brohoof 1

Pony Life got me used to there being modern technology in Equestria, so I'm not worried about the phone stuff. Gotta love Zipp's design. Lady looks like a dude, she's making Tempest Shadow blush. :Tempest:

• Brohoof 4

Ignoring the phones I'm starting to like G5's character designs and animation less and less, they probably have a pretty high budget and they didn't even take the opportunity to give them varied face and body shapes. Sure, Pipp's design looks nice but I can't tell what her personality is just by looking at it, compare that to G4's designs where you can kinda tell what their personalities are just by looking at their mane-styles, expressions or colors. Also I would've loved to see a high fantasy or even futuristic Equestria but it seems like they're going in a bland, more modern direction.

• Brohoof 3

Even though I'm gonna have to get used to G5 design, Pipp and Zipp Storm looks nice.

However, if there's one thing that really bugged me about this picture is Pipp holding a smartphone. Oh Sweet Celestia, I could not wrap my head around it. I know G5 is a continuation of the G4 timeline, but come on?! I'm sick and tired of modern animated media having modern technology just for the sake of being hip and trendy. I swear, if the upcoming trailer show the ponies taking a selfie and doing trendy dance moves, I would flip.

Pony Life was already bad enough, we don't need another one.

Pipp's fetlocks - they're so fluffy!! :D

Also the golden horseshoes really make her stand out fashion-wise. Rarity would be jealous.

Zipp appears to be the tomboy of the group and is definitely sporting some Rainbow Dash attributes with her mane, wings, and tail. Hopefully her level of tomboy-ishness is handled well like it was with Dash and Scootaloo. Though I've seem some comments pointing to Limestone Pie and I can see those personality traits, too.

• Brohoof 1

First off, these names are ridiculous. The theme why went with these quick, single syllable names with Izzy, Pip, Zipp, and Hitch is kinda stupid. Second, I wonder why Pipp’s wings are a different style than Zipp’s...the latter being more reminiscent to the gen 4 style of pegasus wings. So far, it seems like we will have 2 carbon copies: Zipp being a Rainbow Dash and Izzy being a Pinkie Pie. Original!

I digress, however. I am still pretty excited for the movie.

@CastletonSnob

Added a YouTube video to your post. Original link provided a link to download material.

• Brohoof 1

wow

smartphones in mlp?

never mind how ponies with hooves are supposed to type...

how do they not drop em?

Zipp's mane is going to take a lot of getting used to, it looks pretty dumb imo

and they look like they're fleshy instead of fluffy, pretty unsettling 

• Brohoof 1

Pipp is definitely a cutie!

As for the phone thing, I'm not turned off by it, but imagine if she becomes a social media sharing socialite talking about likes and such... don't think I would like that.

Edited by Toastypk
  • Brohoof 1

Their arms might be longer than their legs? Maybe so that they can be used specifically to hold smartphones? :huh:

Difficult to tell right now. Question, will this new idea of technology change before the movie comes out, because of fans getting mad? It has happen in the past:

Spoiler

sonic.jpg

1 minute ago, Splashee said:

Difficult to tell right now. Question, will this new idea of technology change before the movie comes out, because of fans getting mad?

Unlikely. Sonic was a purely visual change. They’ve probably integrated the freakin’ phones into actual story beats.

• Brohoof 2

8 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

*spots phone*

I KNEW IT! SON OF A BISCUIT EATER!! :Cozy:

ThEy WaNt To ApPeAl To ToDaY’s KiDs

• Brohoof 3