Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hitch is a sheriff.

CastletonSnob

I'm guessing the movie will have him start out trying to enforce racist laws (that had cropped up in Twilight's absence) against the other protagonists, then realize how messed up things are and change sides.

• Brohoof 3

9 minutes ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

Is he an Appleloosan? :toldya:

Wouldn’t be surprised if earth horses remained in what used to be Appleloosa, considering the density of them was virtually exclusively of them, as much as Cloudsdale is for pegasi (VERY justified in their case), and Canterlot for unicorns to a lesser degree

• Brohoof 1

I already figured that Hitch would be a sheriff due to his badge, but it's nice that it's confirmed now. I think it could be interesting to have a sheriff in the main cast, and I'm curious to see what his character will be like.

• Brohoof 2

I hope they make him a model of what a good cop should be. Seeing as he's one of the main characters, I don't see how making him a crooked cop would work. Even considering reformation, that would be weird.

• Brohoof 4

6 minutes ago, CloudMistDragon said:

I hope they make him a model of what a good cop should be. Seeing as he's one of the main characters, I don't see how making him a crooked cop would work. Even considering reformation, that would be weird.

For real. Getting sick of this ridiculous ACAB myself :yuck:

• Brohoof 12

(edited)
14 hours ago, Will Guide said:

What do you mean by ACAB?

All Cops Are Bastards

That should tell enough, and best if we leave it like this. This thread will close in 5 minutes otherwise 

Edited by Steve Piranha
Wrong word used
  • Brohoof 3

1 hour ago, CloudMistDragon said:

Yeah, there's no way Hasbro would greenlight anything that would be so awkward in light of current events. It seems more likely that he'll end up being someone who at least wants to be a good cop, but is stuck working within a badly dysfunctional system.

• Brohoof 3

A main character being Sheriff has a lot of possibilities, especially in the ongoing series.  They could do crimefighting, adventure, or mystery plots whenever they like...but they could do slice of life whenever they like, too!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I've always wondered about this possibility. I sort of likened it to something in the first Star Ocean game: There's a team of town defenders in the starting town at the beginning of the game, of which the main character is in, and they fend off bandits. But then the bulk of the story kicks in and they're sent onto a gigantic journey.

That's sort of what the impression I got felt like instead of like.

Edited by Toastypk
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)
1 hour ago, HedonismBot said:

Yeah, there's no way Hasbro would greenlight anything that would be so awkward in light of current events. It seems more likely that he'll end up being someone who at least wants to be a good cop, but is stuck working within a badly dysfunctional system.

I mean one of Hasbro's most popular characters in another franchise still getting a lot of use is a cop car

IDW G1 Card - Prowl by GuidoGuidi on deviantART | Transformers autobots,  Transformers characters, Transformers masterpiece

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 6

21 hours ago, HedonismBot said:

That sounds crazy complex for the target age bracket. I mean, yeah it 'could' be cool, but dang, that's sci-fi dystopian levels of dark. I don't even think a live-action TV crime drama has dared touch that one; at least not for more than one episode.

Even without that though, did this just take the universe another level into the muck than the implications of the setting already did? We already know that the races hate each other now. Is the crime rate up enough now that the streets are being patrolled?