Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will any future gen of mlp ever be just as good or better than gen 4 ?

thenote23

Gen 5 hasn't stared yet and yes Gen 4 is not perfect but the quality is so high that I dont see much room for improvementGen 4 got a lot of things right. To me it's completely reasonable to doubt all future Gen.

Edited by thenote23

It depends on what measurement you are using to determine what attributes of the MLP generations are good or better. I use the measurement of enjoyment and entertainment to determine what generation is better, and going by that measurement, I think future MLP generations stand a chance to be good or better than G4. There is another measurement that can be used as well - narrative elements. In that measurement, the quality of narrative elements in G4 can be compared to future generations to determine which is better in that regard, and I believe that future generations stand a chance against G4 regarding the quality of narrative elements since G4's narrative elements are flawed with inconsistences, discrepancies, contrived and arbitrary plot devices, wasted potential, and so forth.

• Brohoof 1

I'll give G5 a chance, and I'm sure it'll be fine. But I don't think it's going to capture lightning in a bottle the way G4 did. Some things are just spontaneously perfect and can't be duplicated, especially when the show creators try too hard to top what had come before. If they simply make it a good show with no pretenses of topping G4 I'm sure I'm going to like it. I hope they don't mess around with trying design the show off a checklist made up by a boardroom. Too much of that going around. 

• Brohoof 1

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...