G5 or A.N.G?

PoisonClaw

Random and probably silly question, but I've been wondering this for a while now. While G4 was airing, it was more often known as MLP: FIM or just FIM for "Friendship Is Magic." So, by that logic, shouldn't G5 also be called MLP: ANG or just ANG for "A New Generation" as well? 

• Brohoof 4

the series has been introduced like that, so I think yes. MLP: ANG

Spoiler

image.png.4e705be100dd4eacabb9350dd4f4f4b0.png

Pony Ang is the last Friend-bender

Alternatively you could combine them. G45: A New Magic Generation is Friendship :P 

As of now, it isn't really known whether "A New Generation" is just the Movie's title, or if it will also be the series title. It could be either, but my guess is that the series will actually have a different subtitle than the movie so that viewers don't confuse the two. In that case, people will probably refer to it by that title when referring to series, instead of calling it ANG. As for whether it will go by G5 or it's subtitle, it'd probably be a mix of both, just like people say both FiM and G4 when referring to that generation.

• Brohoof 2

I think A New Generation might just be a subtitle for the movie. It doesn't make sense for a whole generation to be called that. If it's the name of the series, I'd probably just call it G5, but I can get behind referring to the movie as ANG or MLP:ANG.

It is called A New Generation, but I'm used to calling it G5 because of the hubbub with the leaks a few years back. A name hadn't been established at that point, so we just called it G5

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

I stay with calling it G5 for the time being. It's like using G4 to MLP:FiM. A new Generation is just the Movie title and we don't know the name of show yet. So when I want to refer to the movie I'm going to write MLP:ANG or G5 Movie.

I'm used to calling it G5 and I probably will continue to refer to it as such. I know it sounds silly but it's my personal preference.

• Brohoof 1

• 9 months later...
On 2021-10-04 at 4:30 PM, abrony-mouse said:

the series has been introduced like that, so I think yes. MLP: ANG

Hide contents

image.png.4e705be100dd4eacabb9350dd4f4f4b0.png

Pony Ang is the last Friend-bender

Alternatively you could combine them. G45: A New Magic Generation is Friendship :P 

Glad I'm not the only one who thought that. 

Sunny Starscout is the Avatar of Equestria. And just like Aang she to united the pony races as one. 

• 1 month later...