Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What would cause the downfall of MLP?

phantompone1148

If you're talking about MLP franchise as a whole it had its ups and downs in its 35 plus years.

To some people Generation 3 with a bit too sappy that it kind of felt like a dork age compared to the other generations. 

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Reality Check said:

I mean... there's G3, though that's a past generation so I'm not sure that counts

Maybe the writing staff doing something wrong and causing the fandom to send death glares their way?

*Cough* Season 9 Finale *Cough*

For me, it would be dumbing down the show to Teletubbies level, just making it uninteresting or getting political. I would not want MLP to "get woke, go broke" and I am happy that so far it hasn't.

19 minutes ago, phantompone1148 said:

WDYM by that?

Like some other media, MLP could start bringing real life politics to a fantasy show. So far it has not done that (it was my biggest concern about G5) but there's always room for disappointment.

Nothing can.

So why is that? Well, the fans themselves will take over the franchise if it is handled badly by Hasbro. This happened with other franchises such as Sonic The Hedgehog, where Sega eventually had to give up and let the fans' own work be canon, as it became bigger, more popular than the main branch and couldn't be stopped.¨In the end, Sega got the money they wanted, and the fans were happy. Everypony wins!

Now, Hasbro can be stubborn, old fashion, and plain stupid. But Internet can't be stopped, no matter how much lawsuits and money is put into stopping it.

MLP has been around for 30 plus years and is a toy brand at its core. They can do whatever they want with the show, but the toys and merchandise will continue to sell.