Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which generation do you think is better: G4 or G5?

Pinkamena111

So here is a question in my head : I wonder which generation is better so is it gen 4 or gen 5? They are both good for me but what about you guys? Both designs are great though. The songs are cool so yeah, what do you think?

• Brohoof 3

@Pinkamena111

Altered title for proper context.

Better? It wouldn’t be fair to decide that at this point in my opinion. It’s just too early.. You might want to wait to watch the actual G5 series before choosing. The movie isn’t all G5 has to offer.

• Brohoof 4

• The title was changed to Which generation do you think is better: G4 or G5?
7 minutes ago, The Wife of Hawks said:

@Pinkamena111

Altered title for proper context.

Better? It wouldn’t be fair to decide that at this point in my opinion. It’s just too early.. You might want to wait to watch the actual G5 series before choosing. The movie isn’t all G5 has to offer.

Oh. You're right.

• Brohoof 1

to me for now gen 5 is a winner on it's own while gen4 people are divided. and gen5 learned a lot from gen4... and the budget..... the BUDGET.... but this might change my opinion in the next release of the episodes....

For me the answer will obviously be Gen 4 simply based on nostalgia. Now, a better question is can G5 live up to that legacy and deliver an experience that will give a new generation of people the same level of entertainment we got when we first watched Gen 4? Based on the movie, I'd say yes.

• Brohoof 2

I agree it's way too early to make this claim in general especially cause G4 is sooo good, But what I can say G5 definitely has the potential for getting better than G4. Whether it really achieves it or not is another question entirely. There are many open questions to answer which is fine for building for a TV show but needed to be answered first before answering whether G4 or G5 is better.

Furthermore I doubt that people will come to a common opinion regarding this question. If I look through the characters. season and episodes of G4 there is a huge difference in opinions here.I can only imagine that this gap between opinions will only grow for the question whether G4 or G5 os better.

I actually like more g4 cause it have more content to watch and also because i love the mane 6's

But i don't hate g5, its good, but i still thinking that g4 is better :)

• Brohoof 2

G4 will forever stay in my heart!

G5 is 3D. I have seen 3D before.

But then there was Pony Life G4 and Equestria Girls G4, and I don't know, so the score is lowered by them. Same with MLP The Movie 2017 and Rainbow Roadtrip, which was made by Boulder Media, which did G5, so both are lowering the scores for both.

And no Derpy in G5! I feel like a huge part of G4 was Derpy.

They are close! Who will win? We will see after the G5 series begin/end.

• Brohoof 2

G4 is better to me and I don’t think that’s gonna change no matter where G5 goes.  We’ll see how this statement ages as time goes by though but I’m pretty confident about that. 

• Brohoof 3

So far I think G-4 is better, but it's too soon to say.  Ask again in a decade or so when G-5 has wrapped up its finale!

Personally, I think G-4 had more balanced characterization, more and better worldbuilding, and more satisfying endings to its stories.  Of course, that's just taking the sample of the movie, which had a rushed ending, kept the mystery of how the world of G-4's finale morphed into the magic-less dystopia of G-5, and that didn't give Pipp enough characterization...only one datapoint isn't quite enough to establish a pattern, so...

• Brohoof 3