Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite & Least Favorite season premiere of FIM?

phantompone1148

Favorite & Least Favorite season premiere of FIM?  

24 users have voted

1. 1. What was your favorite premiere?

• Friendship Is Magic (S1)
    • The Return Of Harmony (S2)
    • The Crystal Empire (S3)
    • Princess Twilight Sparkle (S4)
    • The Cutie Map (S5)
    • The Crystalling (S6)
    • Celestial Advice/All Bottled Up (S7)
    • School Daze (S8)
    • The Beginning Of The End (S9)
  2. 2. What was your least favorite premiere?

• Friendship Is Magic (S1)
    • The Return Of Harmony (S2)
    • The Crystal Empire (S3)
    • Princess Twilight Sparkle (S4)
    • The Cutie Map (S5)
    • The Crystalling (S6)
    • Celestial Advice/All Bottled Up (S7)
    • School Daze (S8)
    • The Beginning Of The End (S9)

Favorite - Either Return of Harmony or Cutie Map, leaning towards Return of Harmony

Least Favorite - Admittedly I don't think any of the premieres are downright awful compared to the finales. That said, The Crystaling was some of the most vapid, forgettable drek the show ever put out

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 2

Favourite - The Cutie Map. One of my favourite episodes hands down.

Least Favourite - I'd say The Crystalling. It had its moments, so I'll give it that, but overall I thought it was pretty meh.

• Brohoof 1

Favorite is a tie between Return of Harmony and Return of Harmony. There's so much going on in it but in a good way. 

Least favorite is Cutie Map. I personally hated Starlight's first appearance and her being OP right from the start. I also just wasn't fond of the entire concept, though I admit it was definitely unique for a show like this. 

Edited by Kyoshi
  • Brohoof 2

Not going against the grain here, my favorite is The Cutie Map for its unique concept and giving us Starlight Glimmer. Least favorite is The Crystalling. It used to be The Crystal Empire, and I even used to try and convince myself The Crystalling was a slight improvement, but...it's not. It could have very easily just been one part long, had the least right to be a premiere out of all the premieres. Crystal Empire at least gave us my favorite villain.  

Favorite premiere: The Beginning of the End. They really went all out by hyping up the series finale from the get go

least favorite would be S7’s. While fun SoL episodes, I’m used for premieres to introduce a villain, or a change in status quo. At least the Crystalling introduced some cute poneh I would kill to give belly rubs and scritches :wub:

What was your favorite premiere?: Celestial Advice/All Bottled Up (S7): I liked both of these especially, "All Bottled Up". 

What was your least favorite premiere?: The Cutie Map (Season 5): I do not understand what's going on in these episodes.

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

Favorite: The Cutie Map. The most tightly written two-parter of the entire series, it was a perfect blend of comedy and horror. Starlight's villainy was manipulative and cunning. The song "In Our Town" is downright chilling.

Least favorite: Crystal Empire. Two words: the "test." Thousands of lives at stake just to see if Twilight can lead a kingdom.

• Brohoof 2

Favorite - Celestial Advice / All Bottled Up | Ok, I'm gonna talk about these two separately. First is Celestial Advice, I like it for that it paints Celestia in a light that makes her more likable. Not to mention seeing Twilight imagine the scenarios and how they could go wrong is definitely interesting to watch. Then there's All Bottled Up. Trixie can get a bit obnoxious at times, I will admit that, though I think that's in-character for Trixie. Also, I don't why, but the scene with Starlight letting out her anger is something I find enjoyable to watch.

Least favorite - Friendship is magic | Now, just so we're clear, I don't hate the season 1 premiere. In fact, I never hated any them. It's just that this one just felt the least impactful in my opinion. Yes, this is the premiere that started the series, but there are some problems I have with it, especially the whole Nightmare Moon thing felt a bit under-utilized after the premiere. (She is seen in 'Luna Eclipsed', 'Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep', and 'A Royal Problem', but I think it's not exactly enough to make her memorable)

Edited by Reality Check
  • Brohoof 1

Favorite: The Return of Harmony. Good episodes, plus Discord was introduced there.

Least favorite: School Daze. I'm generally not a fan of the School of Friendship idea.

Favorite: The Return Of Harmony, because that's when FIM's ball really got rolling.

Least-favorite: The Beginning Of The End. Rushed pace, start of FIM's most-infamous arc, and Sombra being retconned into a "Jake" Skywalker version of himself.

Edited by Anti-Villain

Easily my favorite is the series opener!!  Every time I go back and watch Friendship is Magic part 1 and 2, they always fill me up with happiness and love etc. Even if Applejack's "let go" part was overly dramatic jaja

Also, easily the worst is the Crystal Empire. Tho tbh I still kinda like it. Sombra is super boring, but like still interesting seeing the crystal Empire, and the History song is good. But overall just kinda bleh. And the failure song and the reprise suuuuck. Seriously they both sound super annoying especially Spikes back up and it sucks cuz he actually sang really good in season 6 and on the Christmas album.

It was close with The Crystalling but I was super intrigued with Starlight's part and her interactions with Sunburst and how their whole thing went down. Baby stuff sucked obviously but the other half totally takes it for me. 

I would say my favorite is The Cutie Map easily. Just really liked the concept of the plot and how it was executed in addition to Starlight Glimmer's character and how "mysterious" everything felt.

Least favorite is probably Princess Twilight Sparkle or The Crystalling. I don't dislike either of them but they also just feel pretty forgettable, especially compared to the other season premieres.

Edited by ExpitheCat

return of harmony stays winning, was back when i actually enjoyed discord as a character

princess twilight sparkle was really dull, the celestia and nightmare moon flashback looked pretty at least

In regards to season premiers, I have a difficult time in choosing between Beginning of the End and Crystal Empire, but I ended up going with the former because of the high stakes and Sombra was such a DANGEROUS foe.

The Crystalling was just disappointing; tbh. Pretty much a harbinger of things to come for season 6.

Favorite is Return of Harmony just because of the second part. It's one of the best MLP episodes on its own, but the first part really brings down the 2 parter as a whole.

Worst is definitely School Daze. I couldn't finish this episode since I saw absolutely nothing of value in it based on what I did see.

Edited by bigbertha
  • Brohoof 1

• 5 months later...

Best season premiere: Friendship is Magic, literally never gets old to me despite the season 1 vibes that come from this being the first 2 episodes and the show trying to find its footing

Worst season premiere: The Cutie Map, because I can't stand Starlight for the life of me lmao