Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Champions of Celestia

Silly Druid

@PawelS @Skylight Scintillate @Samurai Equine @abrony-mouse

IT appears that Light saw something interesting but it just ended up him having dust in his eyes... He was playing it cool and didn't want the others to know...

he would then join back to the group and ask.

" So what now? You ponies decided on something already? If so let's go, this place is dusty...." 

Shadow Dagger listens to Samurai's description of Celestia with interest. She considers it, and then asks: "So you don't think she's secretly an evil tyrant like some ponies say?" This question is addressed at the entire group, as she wants to know the opinion of the others too.

---

As you reach the less reputable parts of the town, you can see houses in bad condition or even falling apart, trash on the streets, and suspicious individuals hanging around.

@Kujamih

One of them is a sultry looking mare who seems particularly interested in Kuya. "Hey handsome, wanna have some fun?" She asks him in an alluring voice.

Pony sense (d5), result: 4. Success!

Your pony sense tells you that there is more to this encounter than meets the eye...

@PawelS, @abrony-mouse, @Kujamih, @Skylight Scintillate

"Well, consider this... She all ready rules all of Equestria, and there is no other pony that can match her power. If she was truly evil, she could have easily shown her true colors by now, and we wouldn't be asking whether or not she's secretly an evil tyrant." Samurai says with a bit of a smirk. "...And to be perfectly honest, if she was evil, we wouldn't be talking like friends right now. While I prefer Celestia as a kind, selfless ruler; my opinion doesn't matter. I'm a samurai, a warrior that has pledged my life to serving her. So even she was evil, I'd have to follow her orders, even if I didn't like them. Chances are, I'd show no mercy..." Samurai says, considering what could have been.

He doesn't quite care for how increasingly seedy this town is becoming. With his suit of armor, he probably sticks out like a sore hoof.

• Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine @PawelS @Skylight Scintillate @abrony-mouse

Kuya almost said yes and forgot that he has somepony already... Deep habits are hard stop. But his gut is telling him something about this mare.... He fears it must just be his lust though... Or something else...

" Dang I'm already taken... But my good stallion here is single and needs some loving."

Kuya quickly grabbed Samurai Equine and casually whispered in his ears.

" Sorry just Play along, and trust me... I think she has something good for us....or probably for you." 

" AAAANNY WAY here he is be gentle with him okay, and BTW he's a high ranking officer... You'll surely get your worth with him wink wink" kuya slyly said to the mare. 

@Samurai Equine

" come on Samurai I don't wanna cheat on my pony plus I know you don't want to but do it for me.... Wait a minute..." 

Light was a bit shocked at Samurai'"..... you into pegasi? I always thought of you as a unicorn kinda pony...wait I'm getting side tracked.... Just do it for me... If not I'd be forced to do it and all of you have to keep a dark secret for the rest of your lives... Unless Dr. Clue or Mango is okay on taking the mare her offer... Why a Pegasi btw?"

@PawelS, @Skylight Scintillate, @Samurai Equine, @Kujamih

Mango keeps up her overhead flapping and maintains an eye on the ponies below. While she hums a Hearthwarming jingle, she notes with interest the attentions of the sultry pony, and sees the roguish earth pony engage her, as well as the armoured unicorn whispering. She flaps closer, chuckling a little at the sight of the whispering stallions and the snippet of conversation she overheard. "Yes go on! It might be a clue." Mango gives Dr Clue a little wink.

@PawelS @abrony-mouse @Samurai Equine @Kujamih 

“Secretly evil? How would Celestia be secretly evil? Like, are you saying she’s corrupt? Well others have reviewed her finances and proved that she’s not corrupt. Plus, as a royal guard, I have seen the way she pays attention to every citizens’ complaint in day court, or the way she spends a lot of time mulling over new policies thinking about how they will affect each pony. I’m pretty sure she wouldn’t do this if she was evil, secretly or not,” Dr. Clue explained.

”Plus, I got my cutie mark because I saw the way she helps other ponies, the way she’s humble and kind. I volunteered to join the royal guard and be a detective. If she was evil, I wouldn’t have gotten my cutie mark in that. Either I would have been forced to work for her, or I would have escaped to the far flung edges of Equestria,” Dr. Clue finished. 

“Kuya, do you try to date every mare you see?” Dr. Clue asked, turning to Kuya. Dr. Clue observes this new mare carefully.

”What are you doing here and what do you want?” Dr. Clue asks, glaring at her suspiciously. She tries to recall is this mare has an arrest warrant.

*roll investigation

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Shadow Dagger sums up the discussion about Celestia. "So you say her official image is close to the truth? That's a little disappointing actually, it would have been more interesting if she was evil or something..."

Then she sees the mare talking to Kuya, and recognizes her.

Rolling a d3 (1-earth pony, 2-pegasus, 3-unicorn), result: 3. She is a unicorn.

"Hey, Rosie! It's been a while, what's up?"

The mare looks somewhat confused, and it seems she doesn't want to explain herself in front of this unusual group of ponies. She starts to back away slowly.

@Skylight Scintillate

Investigation (d6), result: 1 / Intellect (d5), result: 4. Best result: 4. Success.

You remember that the more goes by the name "Rosy Thorn", and she does have an arrest warrant indeed. You don't remember for what kind of crime though.

Edited by PawelS

Samurai can see the new mare in question starting back away. He feels himself sighing in defeat. "The things I do for the mission..." Samurai quietly says to himself.  He takes off his helmet and puts it aside before waving at the mare. "Hello there, miss. Wonderful weather we're having, right?" Samurai says, trying to hide his nervousness with friendliness. He even throws in a wave.

Does he have enough charm to get the job done?
(Roll for charm?)

@PawelS @Samurai Equine @Skylight Scintillate @abrony-mouse

Kuya blocks and distracts the two mare from interrupting samurai and his moves with the ladies.

" Let samurai handle this one okay... And besides... I'm interested on how experienced samurai is with the mares... Don't you too?" He looked at both mango and Clue.

" Oh and Dr. Clue... No I don't, that's why I asked for samurai to help me out. 

• Brohoof 2

Dr. Clue suddenly recalls her as Rosy Thorn, who has an arrest warrant. Dr. Clue also notices that Rosy is trying to back away slowly. "Alright Rosy Thorn, I know who you are and that you are up to something, so just cut to the point and save us all some time, will you? What are you doing here and what do you want? Both you and I know that you can't really go anywhere," Dr. Clue pressed, continuing to glare at her.

• Brohoof 1

Samurai is still waiting to see if this mare will open up to him, but something Dr. Clue says catches his attention. He turns to his friend for a moment. "Rosy Thorn? You know her?" Samurai asks, but not too loudly, just in case he still needs to try and get close to Rosy.

• Brohoof 1

Not happy with what Dr. Clue says, Rosy Thorn tries to regain her composure and take control of the situation.

"Well, I... I'm just doing my job... and this noble stallion wants to spend some quality time with me..." She turns to Samurai. "So why don't you come with me, sir, I assure you you won't be disappointed."

"Don't do it." Shadow Dagger whispers into Samurai's ear.

Mango gladly shares the pre-Raphaelite party snack with Kuya and keeps watching. "Colt sold it to me after one of a gig in some village or other. Called it 'pop-corn' and now I can't stop nomming it whenever drama goes down." she says, her eyes flicking from the Samurai to Dr Clue, who was also getting in on the action. "I can't wait to see what happens next!"

9 hours ago, Mango Eve said:

Mango gladly shares the pre-Raphaelite party snack with Kuya and keeps watching. "Colt sold it to me after one of a gig in some village or other. Called it 'pop-corn' and now I can't stop nomming it whenever drama goes down." she says, her eyes flicking from the Samurai to Dr Clue, who was also getting in on the action. "I can't wait to see what happens next!"

"..... Where were you hiding this anyway? "

Rosy seems to be open to talking to Samurai after all. Samurai takes a few steps forward, only to hear Shadow telling him not to go. "Oh?" But just as he takes a step backwards, he hears Kuya telling to keep going. "Go? Don't go? Oh no... I've heard of this before! I suddenly have an angel and a devil on my shoulders, each one telling me what to do! Which one do I listen to?" Samurai thinks to himself as he look left and right at his two friends.

Perhaps he should listen to what Dr. Clue says next. That could help him decide what his next action is~!

1 hour ago, Kujamih said:

"..... Where were you hiding this anyway? "

Mango is leaning in trying to hear what the Samurai is saying and furrows her brow as Kuya's whispering distracts her from the pony sauce going down. "Uhh, in here." she pats a pouch near her diminutive pony udder (OOC: going with equivalent of a boob bag :P why you ask? why the hay not).

• Brohoof 1

Dr. Clue gathers the others in a circle around her. She looks over to make sure Rosy Thorn is out of hearing range before whispering "Yes I know her. She has an arrest warrant! Literally everypony we ran into today has an arrest warrant! And I know she knows she has an arrest warrant. She's hiding something, or maybe more like a lot of things," Dr. Clue whispered to the others. 

Dr. Clue notices that she wasn't the first one to recognize Rosy though. "You know her?" Dr. Clue whispers to Shadow Dagger. "What do you know about her?"

Dr. Clue then turns back to Rosy Thorn. "Alright, the only thing you are going to say is vague trash? Well now everypony knows about your arrest warrant. Give me one good reason why I shouldn't arrest you right here and now," Dr. Clue demanded. She observed Rosy Thorn carefully to try and find out more information about her while simultaneously ready to leap into action if Rosy Thorn tried anything illegal.

*roll investigation

• Brohoof 1

Samurai is suddenly pulled into a circle with Dr. Clue. "She has an warrant? Hmm... Sorry Kuya, but I know what my job tells me to do." Samurai does not put his helmet back on right away. For now, he stands firm, but wants to see how Dr. Clue will handle this. However, he does look at Shadow Dagger, with certain thoughts going through his head. "Nee, Shadow, were you protecting me?" Samurai quietly asks her.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Shadow Dagger addresses the entire group, still staying out of the hearing range of Rosy Thorn.

"Of course I was protecting you. That's why I'm here with your little group - to protect you and prevent you from doing stupid things. Not because I like you, but because you're my source of income, and I don't want to lose it. Believe me, you need me in this part of the town. I know Rosie, and I know her... how do you call it, Clue?... Ah yes, her modus operandi. She lures her 'clients' into a place where her accomplices can rob them blind, or capture them for ransom. And we don't want this to happen to poor Samurai, do we?"

After hearing the threats from Dr. Clue, Rosy Thorn backs away again, ready to run at any moment. But then she has an idea. "Well, you're a detective, right? So I suppose you're investigating something. And you need information. So perhaps, if you promise to let me go in peace, I can have some information for you. I get around a lot, you know..."

Edited by PawelS
  • Brohoof 1