Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Champions of Celestia

Silly Druid

(edited)

@Kujamih

"You mean what we did on our meetings? Discussions how Luna is so much better than Celestia, planning of a new form of government called Lunar Republic, research on pre-banishment history and on Luna's magic, some useless rituals that were supposed to bring her back... that kind of stuff."

@Samurai Equine

Raven's Cry heard that, perhaps through magical means. "I don't think so. We did a pretty good job at remaining hidden," she answers Samurai.

@Skylight Scintillate

"They believe that Nightmare Moon didn't exist and it was a story created to justify the banishment. And that Luna would be a much more competent ruler than Celestia. I no longer agree with these views, after leaving the cult I did some unbiased research myself, and it looks like the official version is close to the truth after all.

As for dream surfing, as you called it, it does seem to be true. We did research on that, and some of us were even able to use some simple dream magic, like appearing in another pony's dream."

Edited by PawelS

@PawelS

Samurai covers his mouth when Raven replies, but calms down when he realizes she was the only one that heard him. "If all that about Princess Luna is true, then it's too bad she's not here right now. She could defend herself and clear all doubt." Samurai says as he joins his friends again.

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Samurai Equine said:

@PawelS

Samurai covers his mouth when Raven replies, but calms down when he realizes she was the only one that heard him. "If all that about Princess Luna is true, then it's too bad she's not here right now. She could defend herself and clear all doubt." Samurai says as he joins his friends again.

Kuya looked awkwardly towards Samurai...

".... What's wrong with you?"

( I'm pretty sure this timeline is where Luna is still evil. Nightmare Moon still)

• Brohoof 1

@PawelS @Samurai Equine @Kujamih 

"Hmm, originally, I was a bit skeptical that this cult could be connected to the warning about tomorrow, but given that Celestia said she got this warning in the form of a dream and the cult and Luna are known for dream surfing, I say that this seems like our most likely clause," Dr. Clue whispered to the others. "However, we need to figure out where this cult is and what they plan on doing."

"What might this cult be interested in doing at a flower festival?" Dr. Clue asked, turning to Raven Cry and Shadow Dagger.

roll investigation.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Kujamih

"We tried to make contact with Luna (we didn't use the name Nightmare Moon as we believed it to be fake), but we failed. There was no contact as far as I know."

@Samurai Equine

"I don't think Princess Luna or Nightmare Moon will return anytime soon, there's a prophecy that suggests it will happen many years in the future." Raven's Cry levitates a book from a shelf and opens it. "On the longest day of the thousandth year, the stars will aid in her escape," she reads. "So we're only halfway through this period of time."

"When I joined the Night Hooves, I was young and naive, but now I know more about such things. Overcoming this kind of prophecy needs very powerful magic, and I don't think the cult is able to do that..."

@Skylight Scintillate

"When I was in the cult, one of the rules we followed was not to be evil. If it's still true, I think it's unlikely that they want to kill the princess. There are many other options though, like imprisoning her or somehow preventing her from using magic..."

Shadow Dagger has nothing to say on this matter, so she just nods, confirming what her friend said.

Intellect (d5), result: 2 / Investigation (d6), result: 5. Best result: 5. Critical success!

You realize it's likely that after all the failed attempts to bring Luna back, the Night Hooves could arrive at the conclusion that Celestia is somehow preventing it, so getting rid of her would be helpful in fulfilling their agenda.

Edited by PawelS

@Kujamih, @Skylight Scintillate, @PawelS

Samurai pats Dr. Clue on the shoulder and gives her a nod before following Kuya outside.

"Distracting us? Not sure. I feel like Clue-hakasei is the only one who can pry for more information. I just think we should tell Celestia about all this. She deserves to know."

• Brohoof 1

@PawelS @Samurai Equine @Kujamih 

Dr. Clue follows the others outside. “Well I don’t think we are going to get much more information about what is going to happen tomorrow from Raven and Shadow. I think that now, we should go take a look at the event itself and see what’s going on,” Dr. Clue suggested. If the others agreed, she would lead the others towards the preparations.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Raven's Cry, seeing that you're leaving, says goodbye to you and adds: "I hope you find the information I gave you useful. And I hope I don't get in trouble for this... Anyway, if you need any more advice on obscure and magical subjects, you can always go here."

Shadow Dagger leaves with you and offers her company: "I can go with you if you want. If you decide where you want to go, that is," she says seeing that every one of you has a different idea about your next destination.

Edited by PawelS

@Kujamih, @PawelS, @Skylight Scintillate

Samurai is surprised to see that Shadow Dagger wants to join them. "Well, I was having trouble deciding what we should do next, but if Shadow votes going to the event itself, then I'll vote for that as well. I still think Celestia should be updated about what we've learned, but I can understand wanting to completely resolve this case on our own."

• Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine 

“Yeah I agree, Samurai Equine. I think that we should update Celestia right after we go to the event and have a look at what is going on,” Dr. Clue proposed. “We should try and head places as a group because we all remembered what happened last time. Also, I noticed that our skills tend to fluctuate, so having all of us there maximizes the Vance’s that one of our skills will succeed.”

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

@Kujamih @Samurai Equine @Skylight Scintillate

"That's flattering really, but you overestimate my abilities. I'm pretty knowledgeable with the town, but I don't know about every scribble on the wall. But since you know about it, you should also know where it is, right?"

If you tell Shadow Dagger about the place where Commander Steel Hooves told you the symbol was, she can go there with you.

Edited by PawelS

Mango has been thinking deeply about her medieval pony life and her medieval pony decisions. She sat orange and impassive as the group have turned to these dark ponies, but now is her time to shine! "Well, we have the name of the nefarious villain who is the leader of this black-hearted group who would strike at the heart of our swan-like monarch" she gives a practice swoon, ignoring the dust that falls from her wings, "So we should return to Commander Steelhooves!"

• Brohoof 1

@PawelS @abrony-mouse @Samurai Equine @Kujamih 

"Yeah I suppose it would make the most sense if we report this to Commander Steel Hooves first," Dr. Clue said, nodding in agreement to what the others said. "Let's go then." If nopony had anything else to say, Dr. Clue would lead the others towards their new destination.

• Brohoof 1

Shadow Dagger wants to clarify the situation.

"So now you want to go to the castle? I will not follow you there, so if you want to enjoy my company for a while longer, you should go somewhere else first, like the place where that symbol you speak of is supposed to be. So make up your mind, I don't have all day."

@PawelS @abrony-mouse @Samurai Equine @Kujamih 

Dr. Clue had been following along with the other ideas for a bit, but all this confusion about where to go next was starting to get on her nerves.

“Ok, ok, we really need to sort out where we are going next. This is getting a bit ridiculous.  Given the new information, let’s visit the site of the symbol first, then take a look around the preparations. Since I’m taking notes, we should only report to Commander Steel Hooves if it’s something urgent. If not, he trusts me enough to just give him the end results. How does that sound?” Dr. Clue proposed.

• Brohoof 2

@PawelS, @Skylight Scintillate, @abrony-mouse, @Kujamih

"If that's where Shadow wants to go, then that's where I want to go. I'm not the brains of the operation; I'm just the muscle. Still, if I can make a genuine connection to those in need, if there are those that need protecting, I'll always do my best to be there." Samurai says.

• Brohoof 2

@PawelS, @Skylight Scintillate, @Samurai Equine, @Kujamih

Spoiler

Out of genuine character motivation, and not at all because of OOC metagaming :P Mango decides to follow the group on this one. 

Mango considers, On the one hoof I might look like a foal if I go back on what I said, but on the other hoof, Dr Clue clearly has good wings, and like pops always said, 'The longer the feather, the better the head...er or something.'

"Err sure! Magic symbol thingy? I'll scout ahead to where old Steelflanks said it was. Feels like months since I flapped these things." Mango ruffles her feathers and gives them a stretch before flapping into the sky looking for clues leading her to its symbolly locale. (investigation?)

• Brohoof 1

@Kujamih

Pony Sense (d5), result: 1. Critical failure.

You look around the corner. For a moment you think you saw something interesting, but it disappears quickly and you don't even realize what it was. Instead, the wind blows some dust in your eyes, which makes you feel uncomfortable (-1 Stamina).

(You may use Defiance to roll again.)

To all:

It seems the party has reached an agreement. Five ponies begin walking through the streets of Canterlot towards the less reputable parts of the city. Shadow Dagger starts a conversation. "So, you've seen Celestia personally. What do you think of her?", she asks the group.

Spoiler

OOC: I really don't know how punctuation should work in this case.

• Brohoof 1

@PawelS, @Skylight Scintillate, @abrony-mouse, @Kujamih

"Celestia is one of the main reasons I became a samurai in the first place. Her beauty and grace give her the appearance of a goddess, but she has reassured her followers many times that she is not. She may be ageless, but she's not indestructible. With her position, she could rule over everypony with such scrutiny, never to be questioned in her decisions ever. And yet, she chooses to do the opposite. She deeply does care about her followers and her citizens, and she does everything she can to be the kindest ruler possible. In this way, she is an inspiration. She has lived as selflessly as possible for all of us. And where I come from, serving her is considered the highest honor. The very title samurai means one who serves." Samurai says to Shadow.

Edited by Samurai Equine
  • Brohoof 2