Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Champions of Celestia

Silly Druid

@Skylight Scintillate, @abrony-mouse, @Kujamih, @PawelS

"Ohayo, Mango-chan." Samurai greets her as she joins them. "Feel free to have some Natto. No hard feelings if you don't like it." Samurai offers some to her as well.

Samurai soon finishes his breakfast. "Thank you for the hospitality." Samurai gets up.

He look at Kuya, Dr. Clue, and Mango. "Everypony, please come by room the next morning. I'll gladly make breakfast for all of you. It's the least I can do to repay your hospitality." Samurai says with a bow. And with that, he's ready to take on the day and see what the princess's next mission is.

Edited by Samurai Equine
  • Brohoof 1

After a nice breakfast, and a nice conversation, you arrive in the throne room. The Princess looks worried, but is also happy to see you again.

"Good morning, my Champions. No need to be so formal, Samurai," she says looking at his attire, but also offers him a friendly smile. "We're all at work here."

"Anyway, the news I have for you are not good... But first, as you agreed earlier, I need you to give me a friendship report. Do you manage to get along despite your differences?"

@Skylight Scintillate, @abrony-mouse, @Kujamih, @PawelS

Samurai is happy to see the princess once more. He gladly bows before her. "Greetings, Princess. I assure you, it's no trouble at all, it's my honor." He replies to her comment about his attire.

When asked to give a report, Samurai steps up. "I've learned that there is value in a team effort. Normally, I prefer to do things independently. I once believed that addressing a situation from different angles would be the most beneficial. However in trying to help elsewhere, I only ended up arriving at the same place as my friends. The time I wasted on my own could have been used helping them instead. Things will go much more smoothly if we stick together and work as a team rather than trying to do our own thing. I shall do my best to remember this in the future."

Edited by Samurai Equine
  • Brohoof 1

@PawelS @abrony-mouse @Samurai Equine @Kujamih 

Dr. Clue entered the throne room with the others once more. Even though she knew that this was supposed to be another casual meeting, Dr. Clue still did a small bow in front of the princess as a force of habit. "Good morning to you too," she replied.

When the others started talking about their friendship reports, Dr. Clue pondered what she was going to say. "Well I think that in certain situations, doing it from different angles would be more beneficial, but I think that in this case, the information you got just so happened to line up with the information that we got. However, it is all about coordination to make sure that we aren't doing something that somepony else has already done without knowing it. I would say that we were able to get along despite our differences," Dr. Clue replied. 

• Brohoof 2

"I'm glad to hear that." Celestia says, satisfied with the answers she got. "Now let's get to business, shall we?"

Chapter 3: Flowers and Violence

"The thing is, we got some vague information from an anonymous source that something is going to happen tomorrow, at the annual Canterlot Edible Flowers Exhibition. We don't know anything specific, but there's a risk that somepony wants to do something bad, maybe even an attempt at my life..." There is a highly concerned tone in the Princess' voice.

After a pause, she proceeds to explain her plan. "So today I want you to gather any information you can. Maybe you'll find something out, maybe not, but it's worth a try. Another thing you should do today is getting equipped. It's up to you if you want to use your own weapons and armor, or get them from the Castle Armory. Go to Commander Steel Hooves, he should be able to provide you with anything you need in this regard. If you have some time, you can also try combat training with the Royal Guards."

"Tomorrow, I'm going to make the opening speech at the exhibition. The information we have is not concrete enough to cancel it, so we're going to do everything as planned, but with increased security. And you'll be a part of it: I want you to act as my bodyguards. You'll watch the crowd and react to anything dangerous that happen." Celestia looks at you with anticipation that you'll be able to help her. "Is everything clear?"

7 hours ago, Princess Celestia said:

The thing is, we got some vague information from an anonymous source that something is going to happen tomorrow, at the annual Canterlot Edible Flowers Exhibition. We don't know anything specific, but there's a risk that somepony wants to do something bad, maybe even an attempt at my life..." There is a highly concerned tone in the Princess' voice.

"HAAA!!! oh shoot sorry I didn't mean that to happen ahermmm... sorry sorry... Please.... continue...." Kuya embarrassingly tried to excuse himself.....

7 hours ago, Princess Celestia said:

Is everything clear?"

" Yes your highness." Kuya bowed deeply.

• Brohoof 1

“Hmm” Dr. Clue said as she thought out loud. She wrote down any important notes that she would need to keep in mind. “Yes what you said so far is clear.”

“Part of me wonders if we would need to test the flowers for any sort of contamination, but I don’t see any efficient way of doing so. Could you give  a description of the events that will happen at the exhibition?” Dr. Clue asked Celestia.

• Brohoof 1

@PawelS

" AHMM I... I thought you we're joking around... You're practically un-killable right? No pony can kill you... So who ever is trying to, must be crazy...or maybe you hired us to protect the pony who tries to take your life from that ponies stupid attempt? Hmmm?"

• Brohoof 1

@PawelS, @Kujamih, @Skylight Scintillate, @abrony-mouse

Samurai was not expecting such a monumental update! Seems his armor will be needed after all.
He bows. "Understood, princess. And if I may put in a formal request, if it comes down to us being your body guards, I'd like to personally be your right hoof guard. Should anypony be foolish enough to try and target you, I have no problem being your living shield." Samurai kneels. "If it is in service to you and your kingdom, I am more than honored to lay down my life, if you so command it. I live to serve." Samurai says with a seriousness in his eyes to intense it could slice through rock.

Samurai takes a moment to look over at Dr. Clue. "I don't know who sent in the anonymous tip, but I think we should begin investigating there. Never hurts to double check the source of the information."

He looks over at Kuya. "...It's hard to describe. The princess is powerful and immortal, but from the rumors I've heard, she's not indestructible. Still, we don't follow and idolize her because she is god-like. We follow Princess Celestia because of her kind heart. She is our defender, our champion, and she cares about her subjects ever so deeply."

Edited by Samurai Equine
  • Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine 

"Yeah we should probably investigate the anonymous tip too. Like how do they know this? And if this is an anonymous tip, how do we find out who it is or get more information from them? Do you have a suggestion about how to begin?" Dr. Clue asked Samurai Equine, also writing that down. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

"Our magicians will do their best they to detect any contamination of the flowers. As for the events at the exhibition, it will happen at the main square in Canterlot. I'll make the opening speech in the morning, then it will be open to anyone who wants to see and taste the flowers, and then, in the afternoon, there will be a competition in several categories. I'm the head judge. At the end there's a feast in the evening, when all the remaining flowers will be eaten."

"What Samurai said is true: I live much longer than most ponies, and I have powerful magic, but it doesn't make me invincible. I can be killed. Another question is what would happen to the sun, but now when I think of it, I'm not the only pony who can control heavenly objects... Anyway, it's just speculation, I don't have any information that it's really an assassination attempt."

"The anonymous tip was made using magical methods that prevent any attempts of identification, but at least we know it was somepony skilled in magic."

"There are some things happening at the borders recently, it's nothing serious though, just some minor conflicts. The non-pony races are largely unknown to us, and we should take the possibility that it's one of them into account."

"Any more questions?"

Edited by PawelS

Kuya would nod at the Princess answers and would continue to ponder on.

" I guess we better be pro active than reactive in this situations I guess.... Don't fail me now my gut instincts." He said to his guts.

• Brohoof 1

@Skylight Scintillate, @PawelS, @Kujamih

"Even if the warning was sent magically, we should still talk to whoever received the tip. Perhaps they know somepony that can trust them with such delicate information." Samurai surmises.

"I'm pretty much going to have to rely on my comrades for this mission. Unless we can get a lead, and I don't know where else to start, it feels like we could be searching in the dark for a while." He addresses the princess. He is ready to go if his friends are.

He looks over a Kuya. "I have no idea where you'd begin asking around to find out who would want to attack the princess. It'd be dangerous to try and wonder into foreign lands. Talking to prisoners might get us nowhere..."

Edited by Samurai Equine
  • Brohoof 1

Dr. Clue added what Celestia said to her notes.

"Yeah I'm not really sure where to begin. We could go talk to my boss Commander Steel Hooves and see if he knows anything, or we could start by taking a look at the preparations that are going on right now. Maybe inspect the flowers, talk with the venders and contestants a bit and see what's going on. Though it probably wouldn't be a good idea to taste any of the flowers. (I'm looking at you, Kya.) However, whatever we choose, I think that we should do it together. So, where should we start?" Dr. Clue asked. 

• Brohoof 1

Dr. Clue got tired of waiting around for the other ponies in the room to make up their minds. "Alright then, here's the deal. Let's go talk to my boss Commander Steel Hooves first. After that, we'll take a look at the preparations that are going on right now," she declared as she started walking towards Commander Steel Hooves' office.

Edited by Skylight Scintillate
  • Brohoof 1

"I didn't want to tell you this because I don't think it's important here, but if you really want to know, it was me who received the tip. It happened in my dream, where I found a piece of paper lying on the ground, with a message written on it. Since it was a dream, I don't have any physical evidence that it happened, and I don't even remember what exactly was written on that piece of paper. But my magical sense allowed me to confirm that it wasn't just a dream, it was really somepony sending me a message."

Since there are no more questions, Celestia wishes the Knights of the Sun good luck, and ends the audience.

@Kujamih, @Skylight Scintillate

Samurai bows graciously. "Thank you, princess. We'll handle the rest from here." He follows his friends out.

"Maybe I'll need my armor after all..." Samurai mumbles to himself as he follows along. He decided to go with Dr. Clue's direction for now. "Commander Steel Hooves... Why does that name sound familiar..."

• Brohoof 1

Dr Clue led the others the way to her bosses office. It was a relatively short walk. 

When she arrived, she bowed towards Commander Steel Hooves. “Commander Steel Hooves,” she said as she bowed. “Princess Celestia has informed us about the tip she received for tomorrow and we were wondering if you might have any more information about it.”

• Brohoof 2