Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Champions of Celestia

Silly Druid

(edited)

"So many questions..." Duster Lawn feels a little overwhelmed. "I guess the most important one is to retrace what I did when delivering the cake. So, the thing is, nothing unusual happened. I left the kitchen with the trolley, then I got here, because I was also going to do some cleaning in Princess Celestia's chambers, so I took a broom from here and put it on the bottom shelf of the trolley. Then I went to Celestia's chambers, left the cake - or what I thought was the cake - there, did the cleaning, and left with the trolley. I really have no idea what could have happened that would cause the cake to disappear. As for somepony breaking in, it would have to be a very good thief, because that place is very well guarded, even if the Princess is not there. And if the thief is discovered, I'm sure that pony goes straight to the moon."

The last part was a joke, it's known that Celestia doesn't actually send ponies other than Luna to the moon, it's just a saying meaning that she would get very angry.

Edited by PawelS
  • Brohoof 1

"Hmm, so you are saying something could have happened to the cake while you were cleaning the room? Or did you think they did it when you went to grab the broom? What did you think happened?" Dr. Clue pressed.

roll intelligence and investigation.

Edited by Ocean Wavedream
  • Brohoof 1

Mango, whose tummy had been rumbling inquisitorially while her inspector friend probed castle staff had been thinking to herself, If I wanted to steal a cake I would snatch it in transit. But who would want to snatch the Princess' cake?  

Eventually she pipes up to thank Duster. "I'm just going to take a trot along the route - see if I can spot anything suspicious." she lets Clue know. She looks for any sign that a cake has been whisked away eg tell-tale crumbs on the white Canterlotian marble, frosting sprayed onto the pony tapestries or delicious cream sploshed onto a gold metal fitting.

• Brohoof 1

@PawelS, @Kujamih, @abrony-mouse, @Ocean Wavedream

Dr. Clue seems to have this well handled; asking questions Samurai was thinking of asking. For now, Samurai follows Mango, walking the path that Duster took. He tries to see if he can spot any clues that might solve the mystery. Maybe the cake really was taken in the split second it was out of her sight. Or maybe... "...Accidental magical surge? Hard to say." Samurai quietly says to himself.

Roll for INTELLECT, to see if he finds any clues.

As he looks around, Samurai knows what he needs to do. He needs to question Celestia, and yet... He shakes the idea off for now.

• Brohoof 1

@Kujamih

Intellect (d3), result: 3. Success!

You look around the room, and you see that there is a trolley here, with a covered plate on it. You don't know if it's the same set that was used by Duster yesterday.

@Ocean Wavedream

"As I said already, I have no idea what happened." Duster Lawn says.

Intellect (d5), result: 5 / Investigation (d5), result: 4. Best result: 5. Critical success!

Something tells you that the key to solving this mystery is somewhere in this room...

@abrony-mouse @Samurai Equine

Mango Eve: Intellect (d3), result: 3. Success!
Samurai Equine: Intellect (d3), result: 1. Failure.

Samurai is too distracted by thoughts about Celestia to search for clues properly. But Mango does it pretty well, and concludes that there are no traces of cake, or any other odd things along the way.

• Brohoof 1

Dr. Clue looks around and notices the trolley with the covered plate on it when Kuya walked over to it. She finds it a bit strange that there would be a covered plate there.

"Hey is that the trolley that you used? Tell me: Why does it still have a covered plate on it? The trolley wouldn't have plates and covers on them if there wasn't food on the plate, would they?" Dr. Clue asked.

Edited by Ocean Wavedream
  • Brohoof 1

@PawelS

Since kuya initiated the search in the room first. he went to the trolley and opened it. Before Clue.

( Please don't steal my turn, and it is not your roll that located the trolley)

If it was the cake he'd take a bite out of it, and check if it WAS the cake.... It might've been just another cake so it would be best to check if it was the missing cake.

If not he'd analyze the trolley. For clues.

Edited by Kujamih
  • Brohoof 2

@PawelS, @abrony-mouse

Samurai huffs a little. "I'm not finding any clues here. Duster Lawn is a unicorn. I thought that maybe there was something in this hallway that might have frightened her or triggered a magical surge. When that happens, a unicorn's concentration is broken, and any magic they cast will have completely random effects. She was using levitation, so it seemed possible. Perhaps I was wrong..."

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Kujamih @Ocean Wavedream

"It's the spare set, we use it when there are guests and more food is needed." The maid explains.

Kuya lifts the cover and, to everypony's amazement, there is a cake there indeed! It's a big, beautifully decorated cherry cake. He takes a bite and it does taste like cherry cake :mlp_pinkie:

"It is... here? But how?" Duster Lawn doesn't understand what happened at first, but then a knowing expression appears on her face...

@Samurai Equine

You don't find any evidence for your hypothesis.

Edited by PawelS
  • Brohoof 1

"So, what happened?" Dr. Clue demanded, taking out her notepad and taking down notes of what had happened so far. She gave Duster Lawn a very intense glare. "Also, you still haven't answered my previous question: Why does it still have a covered plate on it? The trolley wouldn't have plates and covers on them if there wasn't food on the plate, would they? Answer the questions!"

roll inteligence and investigation.

• Brohoof 1

@PawelS

" hmmm..." Kuya ponders as he taste test the cake....

" It's the cake alright.... And a hint of mold?... I suggest not to eat it... Specially the ones with a weak stomach...."

He then looked at Duster Lawn.

" Is there a chance you took the wrong tray? Tsk tsk, it's okay to tell the truth. I'll ask for your pardon to the princess."

• Brohoof 2

Mango, who had been searching fruitlessly for cake (or cakelessly for fruit), pricks up her furry orange ears as she hears pony exclamations behind her.

She whisks to the scene, flapping to give her extra speed. On seeing Duster Lawn, she wonders if the unicorn could be the culprit. "Duster Lawn! Explain yourself this instant!" she says imperiously, like a drill sergeant, enacting one of her favourite roles - that of Commander Hurricane. (Intimidation...?)

(edited)

@Ocean Wavedream @Kujamih @abrony-mouse (@Samurai Equine if he is back in the room)

"It's a set that is always used together," Duster Lawn explains to Dr. Clue, "and when it's not used, it just stands here like this. So you're right Kuya, what really happened is when I was here to get the broom, I left the trolley next to the spare one, and when I was leaving, I took the wrong trolley with me, because they look exactly the same. Also I was distracted yesterday because of... my private matters." It seems like there is something she doesn't want to talk about.

She also addresses Kuya's comment about the state of the cake. "Mold? You must be joking, it's still as good as new, it was made only yesterday!"

(No need to make any rolls because the mystery is already solved.)

Edited by PawelS

@PawelS @Samurai Equine @Ocean Wavedream @abrony-mouse

Kuya smiles at Duster Lawn.

" Hehehe... I was planning to eat it all...

We'll just buy a new cake... And I believe Samurai got it covered."

Kuya would be very intrigued in her private matter and would sweet talk his way with Duster Lawn, as it seems that both of them had a liking to each other, he was both intrigued and worried.

"Oh my? I know it's rude to pry on ones private matters, but... Can you blame me for my interest in you? But flirting aside, is there anything I could do to help with that private matter of yours?"

• Brohoof 1

"Well then, I suppose we should head back to Celestia and report what happened. It turned out that when Duster Lawn went to grab the broom, she ended up grabbing the wrong trolley out of the two here. The other one still has the cake, Samurai Equine," Dr. Clue said.

• Brohoof 1

@PawelS, @Ocean Wavedream, @Kujamih, @abrony-mouse

Samurai smiles and nods. "Good work, Dr. Clue! I knew you could solve this case. I'll let all of you wrap things up here. I have some unfinished business to attend to, but I'll meet you all again in the throne room to give our report to Princess Celestia." Samurai explains. He hold up a hoof as if to say 'good job' and heads out.

• Brohoof 3

@Samurai Equine @PawelS @Ocean Wavedream @abrony-mouse

"Hmmm ....." Kuya got curious at what Samurai is up to.

" Something is up with the samurai... He isn't his usual self? I think he's in love or something... Charmed perhaps?"

" You ponies curious what he is up to?" Kuya goads the group to spy on samurai.

if none was interested he would snoop at samurai... But if duster lawn has something more interesting to offer, he'd focus on his love life rather than Samurai's...

• Brohoof 1

Mango nods apologetically to Duster as she realises what must have happened.

She gives Kuya an appreciative flank bump. "Nice work." She leans in, "See what the private issue with Duster is!" she whispers into his earth pony ear. 

• Brohoof 1