Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Champions of Celestia

Silly Druid

One of the guards answers Samurai: "It's not necessary, we just thought that since you were both summoned by the Princess, you will want to talk to her. There are enough guards standing outside of the throne room, but if you want to join them, it's your choice."

Later, Ku•ya talks to the same guards at the entrance to the castle.

Charm (d6), result: 6. Critical success!

The guards are happy to talk to you, it's a good diversion from their boring job. They tell you about some rumors circulating in the castle, saying that Celestia is not in a good mood lately, because of something that happened yesterday. They don't know what it was though.

(The remaining content of your posts will be processed later, depending on Samurai's choice.)

@PawelS@Kujamih, @Ocean Wavedream, @abrony-mouse

Samurai decides to relieve one of the guards on duty and take his place guarding the throne room. He wanted to be the first to meet with the Princess for a couple of reasons at least. For now, this will do. If he must, then he'll meet all the others who were also summoned at the same time. Samurai doesn't mean to be anti-social to the others, but he values his presence before Celestia just a bit higher, especially when Celestia has summoned him personally. A rare but wonderful thing indeed.

• Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine @PawelS @Ocean Wavedream @abrony-mouse

UPDATE AND FIX.

(on the process. kuya greets samurai and said that joke about leaving so early.)

kuya was worried about the rumor... he has a bad feeling that it has something to do with shadow dagger.

he asks the guards if it has something to do with a bandit.

(he would still follow the guards instruction and end up angering Dr. clue. but this time samurai is not there.)

• Brohoof 1

On 2022-01-17 at 4:10 AM, Dr. Clue said:

@abrony-mouse

Dr. Clue was patrolling the entrance of the castle the when she noticed a peculiar yellow pegasus trying to enter.  It was right at the end of her shift too. She walked over and took a look at the letter along with the other two royal guards. She immediately recognized it as the letter she had. She nodded to the other guards and said "Let her in." Then, turning to the yellow pegasus, she said, "I've got some space in my place. You can stay the night with me. What's your name?" She said with a slight smile.

On 2022-01-18 at 1:32 AM, Dr. Clue said:

"No problem, My name's Dr. Clue. What's yours?" Dr. Clue asked as they walked together.

Dr. Clue swung by her commander's office to let him know that she was finished with duties for the day before leading Mango Eve to her room up in the castle. It was a small, but cozy room, and Dr. Clue managed to find a spot where Mango could sleep.

"So, Celestia wanted to see you too, hmm?" Dr. Clue said, holding up her own copy of the letter that she had left on her desk. She figured it was ok to show her this given that she would figure out anyways tomorrow.

@Ocean Wavedream Mango gave her name freely, explaining as she always did that her aesthete parents (Alabaster Skies and Mixolydian) had named her after the first thing that came into their heads on seeing the damp ball of orange fur that was their newborn foal - which just so happened to be a mango.

Mango was impressed and a little nervy with the stern teal guard-mare, wanting to appease. When they arrived at the room Mango cooed appreciatively, thanking Clue again and instinctively going to the window and looking out at the palace-view window and the infinite sunset across the glinting castle. The marble and spires of canterlot were a marvel and she adored them :3 

Only when Dr Clue repeated her question did Mango reply, so taken in was she about the palace. "Yes, the Princess wanted a pegasus actress I think." she voiced a thought that just came to her. "For a diplomatic mission perhaps. To thespian sea ponies far over the Tall Tales coast?"  she paused dramatically, "What do you think the Princess wants of us?"

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Samurai Equine

You stand guard by the entrance of the throne room for a few hours. Celestia isn't there, and nothing unusual happens during your watch. Finally, the Princess comes your way, intending to enter the throne room to prepare for the audience. She smiles slightly at your sight.

@Kujamih

"I don't think that's it." One of the guards says. "Dealing with the bandits is what the City Guard Department does, and the Princess doesn't micromanage this kind of things. It must be either something that happened at the castle, or some serious bad news."

@Kujamih @Ocean Wavedream @abrony-mouse

You're together in Dr. Clue's quarters. You still have some time to talk before the appointment.

Edited by PawelS
  • Brohoof 1

"Oh look, Mango is awake," Dr. Clue pointed out as she set the table for two. She gestured Mango to the other spot. "I was thinking of some theories before you woke up, but they were disproven faster than it took this pony to barge into my room," she snapped, glaring at Kuya.

"Which, I'm pretty sure I haven't gotten the name of yet. Either way, my name isn't Melady, and I do not expect to be addressed as such. I do hope that you weren't drinking this morning or the royal guards will have to take you away. Anyways, I'm Dr. Clue and I am a royal guard. Mares can enter the royal guard because unlike someponies, I am competent and professional in the way I do things. What about you, what do you do?" She suddenly turned towards Mango Eve and her mood lightened. "Do feel free to talk about what you do too, Mango."

• Brohoof 1

@Ocean Wavedream @abrony-mouse @PawelS

kuya panickingly checked his breath if it smelled of alcohol.

" COUGH COUGH....uuhh that stinks.... AHEMMM.... uuuuhhh why'd you say that all of a sudden? who drinks in the middle of the morning? ahehe... hehe....hmmm..." 

kuya listened intently to Dr. clue and was mighty impressed at her achievements.

" truly a one of a kind mare! I wonder who will take lead in our mission? it's either gonna be you or samurai I bet!"

kuya would wait for a bit for mango to reply, but she seemed timid so he introduced himself first. this might help mango have some time to prepare herself for her introduction.

" oh my name is Kuya! from the Islands of Blades! then I shall call you "Doc" for short and convenient reasons. it's nice to meet other healers. I assume you are also gifted with healing prowess? it's hard to see it but I am gifted with healing arts as well!" kuya proudly announce.

" not only that but I can single handedly beat up a yakk and single handedly crash a griffon too! this might also be the reason why I was summoned by the princess, TO CRUSH SKULLS!!... and heal the wounded..."

he finished his introduction with a bow towards both of them. and waited for mango.

" introduce yourself fellow traveler!"

kuya gave a wide smile.

@PawelS

Seeing Celestia was expected. Her smile? A privilege. Even the slightest smile could melt to coldest of ice, give birds a reason to sing, and part even the heaviest of clouds. Samurai smiles back with delight and bows respectfully, staying this way until she either passes or tells him to rise. Most likely the former. Samurai eagerly counts down the moments when all of the summoned can join together to see her. Samurai also has a passing thought in his head. "I should have brought the princess some flowers..."

(edited)

@Samurai Equine

Celestia makes a gesture with her hoof, allowing Samurai, as well as the guard on the other side of the door, to rise.

"Nice to see you again, Samurai. How was your journey?" She asks casually.

Edited by PawelS

Spoiler

(OOC: let's just say Mango was talking in her sleep there...)

Mango wakes with a un-marelike snort from her slumber brought on by tiredness after her stressful journey, her ears perking up at the ALL CAPS volume of Kuya :P 

She kneads her eyes with her hooves and blearily waves to Clue and the new pony, introducing herself as Mango - thespian extraordinaire, in between Kuya's enthusiastic exposition. "I crushed a skull once. It was in a play about the Princess and her hateful sister, called Macbess. I played the role of MacBess, of course, and I was meant to talk to the skull, but in the moment I felt crushing it was better. The audience were chatting about it for ages." Mango smiles at the recollection.

"Anyway, what do you think the Princess wants of us? I thought she wanted me for a performance, but I'm beginning to think that maybe her royalness had other plans in mind?" she looks at the guard and idiosyncratic Kuya - what did they have in common which the Princess could want?

@Ocean Wavedream @abrony-mouse @PawelS

3 hours ago, abrony-mouse said:

She kneads her eyes with her hooves and blearily waves to Clue and the new pony, introducing herself as Mango - thespian extraordinaire, in between Kuya's enthusiastic exposition. "I crushed a skull once. It was in a play about the Princess and her hateful sister, called Macbess. I played the role of MacBess, of course, and I was meant to talk to the skull, but in the moment I felt crushing it was better. The audience were chatting about it for ages." Mango smiles at the recollection.

" hahaaa! I like you already! the urge to crush skulls! the impact it gives to the audience! fear and shock cripples down the battlefield at the viewers!" kuya nods towards mango with impress.

"aaahhhh I wish I could've seen your play! I've only seen crushing skulls in my own point of view and never seen it on another's. would've given me the opportunity to see what my enemies would've seen when I did that to their allies!"

3 hours ago, abrony-mouse said:

Anyway, what do you think the Princess wants of us? I thought she wanted me for a performance, but I'm beginning to think that maybe her royalness had other plans in mind?" she looks at the guard and idiosyncratic Kuya - what did they have in common which the Princess could want?

" I too am confused as well! I have met one of our comrades in our quest, and he is a mighty good leader and a swords-pony. so I was expecting a war or adventure oriented quest. who knows now right?"

as time pass by. it might be time to meet the princess.

" Dr. Clue, mango, do you think it's time we meet the princess?" 

Edited by Kujamih
  • Brohoof 1

@PawelS

At her request, Samurai rises up. "Greetings, my princess. It's an honor to be at your side once more. My journey was of no major consequence, I can assure you. Though, I did meet at least one other pony that you summoned. He was a rather boisterous stallion with a hearty sense of humor. And you, my princess? How has your day been? Is there any other important duties I can preform before the others get here?" Samurai says, elated to make small talk with Celestia.

• Brohoof 1

@abrony-mouse @PawelS @Kujamih

"I heard you say it just earlier," Dr. Clue said brusquely, her eyes practically piercing Kuya. "You shall not call me doc or you will face the consequences. In addition, while I have first-aid training as a part of the royal guard, I'm not a medical doctor; I'm a detective, and the cases I have solved are classified." Kuya just seemed to rub Dr. Clue in all the wrong ways, so she continued giving him her ice cold stare. 

Dr. Clue looked at Mango Eve, not quite sure what to make of what she had just said, but she had a feeling that Celestia didn't write a letter to her asking her to preform for her. "Given that our letters are completely identical, I suspect that we are being summoned by Celestia for the same reason. I doubt that I would be able to do a performance for her, so I suspect that it is something else. However, Celestia is known for summoning her subjects for many different things, so who knows. Anyways, it does look like it's about time that we should head to see Celestia," Dr. Clue pointed out. She cleared the table quickly and practically shoved the other two out the door before closing it behind her.

"It's this way," she said, leading the others.

Edited by Ocean Wavedream
  • Brohoof 1

@Kujamih

"Call me doc one more time and I'm going to punch that smirk off your face!" Dr. Clue shouted, pushing Kuya right up against a wall. Even though he was taller than her she got right up to eye level with Kuya and she made sure Kuya could see her glaring at him. She knew that the other royal guards wouldn't intervene due to her fiery personality.

Kuya definitely rubbed Dr. Clue the wrong way, and he seemed to have a pretty messed up sense of humor too. She hated the nickname doc, it sounded so unprofessional, which actually matched Kuya quite well, being the loud, disorganized, rude, and unprofessional pony he is. She hoped that whatever Celestia had planned for them wouldn't involve them interacting much.

Edited by Ocean Wavedream

@PawelS @Ocean Wavedream

( stats check if Dr. clue is able to push kuya to a wall.)

kuya still smirked right Infront of the glaring pony.  and reply.

" HAA HAHAHA sure thing DOC!"

activate pony sense and prepare for a scuffle. 

(check if evadable,)

(will let Dr. clue punch him as long as she wants while he tries to avoid and take the hit.)

( kuya seems to want to test this ponies metal. who gets tired first?)

(kuya will heal himself aswell if near fainting.)

• Brohoof 1

@PawelS @Kujamih

Dr. Clue snaps, attempting to punch Kuya about a dozen times in rapid succession. She isn't trying to injure Kuya, but instead to get a point across. She isn't strong enough to injure him anyways.

(roll strength)

Then she attempts to restrain Kuya against the wall using her royal guard training.

(roll combat since this is related to her royal guard training.)

"Are you done grinding everypony's nerves and testing their patience yet!?" she hissed.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Samurai Equine

"I'm quite alright. Why don't you go and meet the others? I heard they are already in the castle." The princess enters the throne room, leaving Samurai at the door.

@Kujamih @Ocean Wavedream @abrony-mouse (optionally @Samurai Equine)

Dr. Clue tries to push Kuya against the wall.

Dr. Clue: Strength (d3), result: 1 / Combat (d3), result: 3.
Kuya: Strength (d4), result: 3 / Pony Sense (d4), result: 2.
Best results: 3 vs 3. Difference: 0. Undecided.

Kuya partially resists getting pushed, and their struggle continues.

Dr. Clue: Strength (d3), result: 2 / Combat (d3), result: 3.
Kuya: Agility (d3), result: 1.
Best results: 3 vs 1. Difference: +2. Success.

Dr. Clue manages to punch Kuya. It doesn't injure him, but he loses 1 Stamina due to fatigue.

The guards look at the scuffle with bewilderment, and don't do anything to stop it. It's time for Kuya to take an action, and possibly for Mango to intervene. Samurai can also interact with them if he decides to go and find them.

Edited by PawelS

@PawelS

make a dice role instead who will get tired first though. Kuya would evade and use heal as much as he has too. he won't fight back.

he wants to see how many punches would it take before Clue tires down.

Dr. clue did made a flurry of punches. so punch away.

• Brohoof 1

@PawelS @Kujamih

Wait a second, what in Equestria am I doing? I'm trying to fight some stallion significantly larger than me because he's calling me names!? Is that how low down that I have gone, starting a brawl with an idiot? What am I, a filly? No no no, there has to be a better way to keep him in line. I could get the other guards over there to help me restrain him, or I could...

An idea flew into Dr. Clue's mind. She stepped back from Kuya and smirked. "I might not be able to beat you in a fight or restrain you, but I've got other ways of making you do what I want. You see those guards over there? If you lay a hoof on me or call me by any other names other than Dr. Clue, than I'll tell them all the felonies that you committed. For example, entering the castle under the influence, forcefully entering castle resident's quarters without permission, not addressing castle staff members by their official title, and causing unrest in the castle. We will banish you to the crystal caves where you can spend the rest of your life. So, what will it be, are you going to keep committing felonies, or are you going to stop and we can move on and meet Princess Celestia?" Dr. Clue asked Kuya.

• Brohoof 1

@PawelS

"As you wish, my princess." Samurai bows and leaves for now.

As he leaves, he almost wants to sigh dreamily. "I should really do more for her... I should have bought her flowers and held her hoof. Should have given her all my hours instead of being aloof. Taken her to every party, 'cause I know how she like to prance. Do all the things I should have done, for her romanc--" Samurai stops these thoughts with a slight blush and shakes them off. A warrior under Celestia is not allowed to think of her in such a way.

@Kujamih, @Ocean Wavedream, @abrony-mouse

Samurai wonders around for a bit trying to find them. When he does, he sees something he wasn't expecting. Dr. Clue and Kuya in a fight?! He runs over and holds his hooves, trying to keep both of them apart and make them stop. "YAMETE! Clue-hakasei, Kuya-san, we musn't be doing this! Not when Celestia summoned us all equally. Are we not on the same side?"

Edited by Samurai Equine

"bahahaha...are you really a royal guard? I'd preferred us having a scuffle than you turning into a villainous mare? are you sure you should make threats like that to me Infront of a lot of guards and a witness? I believe the guards saw who landed the first hit and injured no less? am I really the villain here? I'm just a stallion who just called you DOC, to be friendly, the stallion who also happens to be summoned by princess Celestia herself. tell me Dr. Clue why did you stop hitting me? did you find out that you were a bit silly for lashing out to some pony who just called you DOC? and you told me to just call you Dr. clue? is that your official title? I was expecting General or Sargeant as a title, not Doctor. so how would have I addressed you?" 

he then went up to the guards.

" tell me guards, what did I do wrong? I had no I'll intent on this pony. as a matter of fact I didn't even lift a finger on her. and yet you heard her right? she even threaten me? wasn't I sent to her quarters? wasn't it her responsibility to accommodate princess Celestia's guest?" he showed his letter.

" what would the princess think of you now?"

then suddenly, a wild samurai appeared. 

" eyy samurai! this? this is nothing! just having a tussle and what not, messing around and getting to know the team better! BAAAHAHAHAHA."

" this is Doc. by the way. she is feisty and very diabolical this one. bahahaha and that there is mango. Very charming and mysterious."

Edited by Kujamih
  • Brohoof 1

The guards still don't react and let you solve this among yourselves. They look at Kuya funny when he mentions "lifting a finger", because they don't know what that is.

In case you go to the throne room, the guard at the entrance lets you in and says: "The Princess is ready to see you. You may enter."

• Brohoof 1