Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Champions of Celestia

Silly Druid

@PawelS, @Ocean Wavedream, @Kujamih, @abrony-mouse

Samurai sighs. "No point in hiding anything from you, Clue-hakasei. Knowing you and your detective instincts, you won't let it go until your curiosity is satisfied. The answer is yes. I ordered a gift for Princess Celestia, and since I thought we were going to report to her now that our mission is over, I was going to get it and present it to her."

• Brohoof 1

On 2022-03-23 at 3:14 AM, Mango Eve said:

Mango nods apologetically to Duster as she realises what must have happened.

She gives Kuya an appreciative flank bump. "Nice work." She leans in, "See what the private issue with Duster is!" she whispers into his earth pony ear. 

"Oh I will" he says as he winks at Duster Lawn and smile.

2 hours ago, Samurai Equine said:

Samurai sighs. "No point in hiding anything from you, Clue-hakasei. Knowing you and your detective instincts, you won't let it go until your curiosity is satisfied. The answer is yes. I ordered a gift for Princess Celestia, and since I thought we were going to report to her now that our mission is over, I was going to get it and present it to her."

Kuya would give a thumbs up version of a hoof towards Samurai.

" Good luck and may love blessed thee as it has for me." 

• Brohoof 3

"Well then, let's go to her and report our findings then," Dr. Clue said, turning to head towards the door. She motions the others to follow her to the throne room. When she arrives, she waits in line to talk with Celestia (if there is one). 

• Brohoof 1

Samurai goes off to the gift shop real quick to buy the item he had set aside. By the time he enters the Princess's throne room, his friends have all ready been there a minute or two. No doubt Dr. Clue is going to be giving the report this time around. Samurai is holding on to a long box of some kind, and he'll wait his turn to speak.

Edited by Samurai Equine

11 minutes ago, Samurai Equine said:

Samurai goes off to the gift shop real quick to buy the item he had set aside. By the time he enters the Princess's throne room, his friends have all ready been there a minute or two. No doubt Dr. Clue is going to be giving the report this time around. Samurai is holding on to a long box of some kind, and he'll wait his turn to speak.

Kuya would see that Samurai has bought a gift and would signal him to take his place in the line.

• Brohoof 2

You go to the throne room. The guards inform you that Celestia is currently receiving a delegation from Maretonia, so you have to wait, which also means that Samurai has some time to buy the gift. Finally the foreign nobles leave and the princess is ready to talk to you.

"Welcome back, my little ponies. Did you solve the case?"

• Brohoof 1

Mango pushes the scarred peach faced Kuya to the front. "Yes your gloriousness."  Mango's snout brshes to the floor as her wings rase in a practiced stage bow. "And we couldn't have done it without... this guy!" Mango, who was never very good at names blanks on Kuya's name. She gives Dr Clue and Samurai a desperate look. 

@PawelS

".....what?... I couldn't have done it without you ponies?.... Samurai has a gift for you though." Kuya would then divert the attention to the others as he thought this quest was just too silly for him to add on his achievements.

" Oh princess, I would request you pardon duster lawn for her negligence. As the group investigated, it seems duster lawn misplaced the cake by accident. She has a good heart and means no I'll will. And we have a date this later evening so I wouldn't like her to miss our date...ahmmm" he added.

@PawelS 

Dr. Clue walks up to Celestia. "Yes, we did solve the case. It turns out that the cake is still on one of the carts by one of the closets. However, it appears to have a bite taken out of it now..." Dr. Clue said, glaring at Kuya. "Oh, and Samurai Equine should be showing up soon."

• Brohoof 1

Samurai eventually does step up. "It's as we all said. We all pitched in and did our part, but I do believe that Dr. Clue is the real hero. She solved this mystery. So please be lenient with Duster Lawn, and be sure to give special thanks to all who helped us solve this case. The kitchen staff, the gift shop worker, and the servants were all of great value in this case. Oh... And Princess, if I may approach, I have a gift for you."

Samurai waits for Princess Celestia's approval. When she grants it, Samurai approaches and opens the box, pulling out a huge bouquet of flowers, all of which are Celestia's favorites. At least, according to the gift shop owner, they are. With a warm smile, he gives them to Celestia and bows before her.

1 hour ago, Dr. Clue said:

@PawelS 

Dr. Clue walks up to Celestia. "Yes, we did solve the case. It turns out that the cake is still on one of the carts by one of the closets. However, it appears to have a bite taken out of it now..." Dr. Clue said, glaring at Kuya. "Oh, and Samurai Equine should be showing up soon."

Kuya would try to avoid Dr. Clue's glare and whistle.

(edited)

Celestia smiles brightly. "I'm glad you sorted it out. And it's good that no one did it on purpose. The loyalty of the castle staff is important, and, at least in this case, there's no reason to question it. And don't worry about the bite, actually you can eat the whole cake, I'll get a new one."

Hearing that it was Duster Lawn who messed it up, she reacts with understanding. "I'm not going to punish her, she is a good mare and I'm sure she didn't mean to do anything wrong. Everypony makes mistakes..." The princess pauses for a long moment, reflecting on her own life. "You're going on a date with her, Kuya? That's wonderful, I didn't expect my mission to help you find your love."

She gratefully accepts the gift. "Thank you for the beautiful flowers, my dear Samurai! It was unnecessary, but I do appreciate your devotion to me."

LEVEL UP!

You have reached level 3! The rules of leveling up are the same at every level, basically you have one point to increase an Attribute, and two points to increase Skills, or learn new ones. Here are the detailed rules, copied from the previous level-up:

Spoiler

Each of you should do the following:

1. Pick one attribute to increase by 1 point.
2. Pick two skills to learn or increase by 1 point (you can pick one skill twice).

Rules:

1. The maximum value of an attribute or skill is 10.
2. You can't have more than 6 skills.
3. When you learn a new skill, it starts with a value of 3.
4. Extra skills (the ones at slots 3-6) can't have higher values than the cutie mark skill (slot 2).

If you have any questions, ask them in the OOC thread.

Your current stats are in the first post of this thread.

Edited by PawelS

Spoiler

Level 3 Mango

Skills 

Performance - 3

Persuasion - 4

Attribute

Charm 6

Mango is pleased that the team she was part of has done well, but also feels she should up her game for the princess as she didn't really contribute much to discovering the fate of the cake. Nevertheless, she feels a sense of fulfilment, as if she is achieving her purpose as a pony and her cocktail cutie mark tingles. Mango wonders about Celestia's deision to include Kuya - he wasn't the sort of namby pamby pony that you would expect on a mission like this. He certainly wouldn't have presented Celestia flowers like the devout Samurai. Maybe Celestia saw something in them that nopony else could :3

Mango eagerly awaits new instructions from the Princess - hopefully instructions to enjoy themselves round the castle, but she as ready for more onerous tasks. Something to test her mettle >:3

• Brohoof 1

Samurai feels so delighted that Celestia accepted his gift and liked it. He nods and returns to his friends.

"...So. What happens now? We've completed our first mission. Do we part ways until our next mission? I don't mind waiting in Japone until the time comes, unless we should stick together." Samurai says.

• Brohoof 1

"Huh, well that was something. I'm glad it all got cleared up in the end," Dr. Clue said. "Hmm, I think I remember you mentioning that this originally wasn't supposed to be our first quest. I suppose you will be telling us what that is now?" Dr. Clue asked.

• Brohoof 3

"I was going to send you to combat training," Celestia answers Dr. Clue's question, "but there's no time for that. There's an urgent matter you need to take care of. I'm still analyzing the situation with my advisors, so I won't tell you any details for now. Tonight you can stay at the guest quarters at the castle for some well-earned rest, and tomorrow I'll have a new assignment for you. Meet me an hour after I raise the sun."

Your meeting with the Princess has ended, now you should decide what you do in the evening.

@PawelS

"well I have a date." :mlp_smug:

"Excuse me while I search for my lovely mare." Kuya would bid farewell for now, for his mission is not yet over with Duster lawn... A mission of love.

baw chika bawaw!

Kuya heads out to fix himself up, take a quick shower and look presentable and then meet with Duster lawn.

• Brohoof 1

It seems the rest has been decided. "I'll see you all soon, my comrades. ... Princess." Samurai bows to his friends and then again to Princess Celestia before taking his leave to his quarters and settling in for the night.

Samurai will do a meditation exercise first. No longer wearing his armor or any formal clothing, he thinks of many things. The enemies he left behind, the homeland and fellow bushi that will make do without him, and the peaceful wagakki music that he connects with. He could maybe get a shamisen and learn to strum a few chords, but not tonight. Once samurai completes his meditation, he settles in to sleep the night away.

Samurai will wake up at the crack of dawn the next day.

• Brohoof 1

Mango bows out. She is still wondering about the private thing Duster Lawn mentioned earlier, and generally enjoys nosing about, so she decides to follow Kuya. She politely waves to the others, as if she was leaving them for the night. And will then stalk her amorous prey ;3 Once she is out of sight she will take out a few accessories from her saddlebags and try to appear like a young well-to-do pegasi colt. She dons a posh dress shirt to cover her cutie mark, paints a little stubble on her face and ties her mane to make it appear shorter (performance?). Then she tries to find and tail Kuya (stealth?).

(edited)

Dr. Clue nods before leaving. She didn't really have any plans for the evening, and while she was curious about what Kuya was up to, she decided that it probably wasn't worth investigating. Plus, she could always ask the right castle staff members if she wanted to find out the truth the next day. She ended up retiring to her quarters. She would arrive at the throne room the next day at exactly the time Celestia requested though.

Edited by Ocean Wavedream
  • Brohoof 2