Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Champions of Celestia

Silly Druid

11 hours ago, Mango Eve said:

Mango bows out. She is still wondering about the private thing Duster Lawn mentioned earlier, and generally enjoys nosing about, so she decides to follow Kuya. She politely waves to the others, as if she was leaving them for the night. And will then stalk her amorous prey ;3 Once she is out of sight she will take out a few accessories from her saddlebags and try to appear like a young well-to-do pegasi colt. She dons a posh dress shirt to cover her cutie mark, paints a little stubble on her face and ties her mane to make it appear shorter (performance?). Then she tries to find and tail Kuya (stealth?).

Kuya would be to busy preparing for his date, even if his pony sense would activate, he'd just be a bit cautious, since the chances of something dangerous would happen to him inside the castle is pretty slim.

He'd buy some roses or flowers for duster lawn and await at their meeting place.

( Awaiting Duster lawn.)

11 hours ago, Mango Eve said:

Mango bows out. She is still wondering about the private thing Duster Lawn mentioned earlier, and generally enjoys nosing about, so she decides to follow Kuya. She politely waves to the others, as if she was leaving them for the night. And will then stalk her amorous prey ;3 Once she is out of sight she will take out a few accessories from her saddlebags and try to appear like a young well-to-do pegasi colt. She dons a posh dress shirt to cover her cutie mark, paints a little stubble on her face and ties her mane to make it appear shorter (performance?). Then she tries to find and tail Kuya (stealth?).

Kuya would be to busy preparing for his date, even if his pony sense would activate, he'd just be a bit cautious, since the chances of something dangerous would happen to him inside the castle is pretty slim.

He'd buy some roses or flowers for duster lawn and await at their meeting place.

( Awaiting Duster lawn.)

• Brohoof 1

@Kujamih

You arrive at the meeting place, which is just a corridor in the castle, near the maid quarters. Duster Lawn appears after a few minutes, looking somewhat tired.

"Nice to see you again, my love, you look even better than before! It was a stressful day, with all that investigation and stuff. Are you going to take me somewhere?"

@abrony-mouse

Agility (d5), result: 5. Critical success!

You skillfully sneak after Kuya, and even his Pony Sense is unable to warn him about your presence. You see his meeting with Duster Lawn, while remaining perfectly hidden yourself.

• Brohoof 1

@PawelS

Kuya was a bit shocked and worried at Duster lawn's tired situation.

" My dear maiden, I am moved by your actions, forcing yourself to be with me even in your tired state. Come! Let me ease your tired body." Kuya would carry and let Duster Lawn sit at his back like a maiden riding her steed...

" Where do you wish to go my fair mare? I will take you there. A lovely spot for us to privately chat? Or perhaps you are hungry?,An extravagant dinner?  Do not be shy as you deserve a treat from me, for you have treated my heart's desire...you.":toldya:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Kujamih

Duster Lawn is grateful to Kuya for carrying her. "Thank you, my dear. Let's go to the garden, I have a place there, where I always go to rest and find my inner peace."

Edited by PawelS
  • Brohoof 1

@Kujamih

Strength (d6), result: 2 / Confidence (d3), result: 2. Best result: 2. Failure.

Defiance (d4), result: 3. Partial success. You lose 1 Willpower and 1 Stamina.

You have some trouble carrying the mare, but in the end you manage to bring her to the place she wanted. It's a beautiful spot in the garden, full of spring flowers and shielded by trees. Duster Lawn leads you to a bench with a good view on a diverse assortment of plants that grow here.

There is nopony here... or so you think. Mango (@abrony-mouse) could be lurking nearby if she is still following you.

• Brohoof 1

@PawelS

" the garden is beautiful, peaceful, calming, just like you."

Kuya would then present her a flower...

" Sorry... I could not find a better gift that could match your beauty... Perhaps my quest tomorrow could find me a much more better gift for you, wait for me?"

" But enough about me bantering about your beauty. Is there perhaps of need of me my maiden?"

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

@Kujamih @abrony-mouse

The mare accepts the flower and smiles. "I don't need you to give me gifts. I just need someone to talk to, to support me when I'm having a hard time." She pauses for a moment, thinking.

"The thing is... you appeared at the right time in my life. The one I was with before left me a few days ago. That's why I was distracted when doing my work yesterday."

Mango can hear these words as well.

• Brohoof 1

@PawelS

Kuya would sweat a bit and feel a bit of guilt for some reason.

" Dear maiden, I would like to apologize in advance, for my occupation forces me to travel afar and force me to be apart with you... But please, I may be gone long but would not leave you like him." He then lift the mares hoof and gave it a sincere kiss.

• Brohoof 1

@Kujamih @abrony-mouse

Duster Lawn blushes a little after getting her hoof kissed. "I understand that you won't be here with me all the time, but if you always go back to me, then I'll be happy."

I won't describe the rest of their date here, let them have their privacy (unless Mango still wants to invade it :-P). The sky above Canterlot is already dark, and ponies are going to sleep, except the night shift of the Royal Guards. It's calm and quiet, and only Celestia and her closest advisors know what's going to happen tomorrow...

• Brohoof 1

@PawelS @abrony-mouse

( I thought a secret event or something would happen :ButtercupLaugh:... The next day it is.)

As their date end. (Depending on what mango might add)

Kuya would return to his quarters with a smile, looking victorious and full of achievement.

( Not sure if kuya has a room mate or just alone in the castle...)

If no one would greet him, he would go to sleep and dream about his mare.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

A new day dawns over Equestria's capital. You're staying in the guest quarters, each of you in a separate room. If you're already awake, you can see the sunrise through the windows. Your meeting with the Princess will happen soon, so if you want to do something before that, you better hurry!

Edited by PawelS

Dr. Clue just followed her usual routine that morning, making breakfast and brewing a cup of tea. She was glad that Kuya didn't barge in that day compared to yesterday. She would have to interrogate him later when she saw him though. She mostly just got ready for meeting with the Princess like the day before.

• Brohoof 1

@PawelS @abrony-mouse @Skylight Scintillate @Samurai Equine

As Kuya left his room to greet the morning, he noticed that Dr. Clue was already awake and preparing his breakfast.

He gave a big yawn and greeted Clue and Samurai.

" Blessed be by the sun fellow knight... Is there more food to prepare so I may join you in a feast?"

If so he would prepare some food and join in with Dr. Clue and the others if they woke earlier than him.(I'm sure @Samurai Equine would wake up earlier than kuya..)

But if not he would prepare some food for them as well.

Edited by Kujamih
  • Brohoof 1

@PawelS, @abrony-mouse, @Kujamih, @Skylight Scintillate

Once more, Samurai Equine awakens at the crack of down. After a quick morning routine to prepare himself for the day, Samurai decides to put his mane in a top knot and put on his formal, traditional clothing. No need to wear armor if the princess's tasks are not a matter of Equestrian security.

He takes a moment to browse the castle and make sure everything is fine. Most guard ponies and staff need no help, so Samurai only does a few odd jobs here and there.

After that, he sees Kuya gathering at Dr. Clue's room. He goes over, but does not enter, he just stays in the hallway for now. "Ohayo, Kuya-san, Clue-hakasei. Are we all gathering here this morning? If not, I can be on my way. I wouldn't want to intrude. I should be thinking about breakfast anyways..."

• Brohoof 2

Dr. Clue stared at Kuya suspiciously when he entered. She still wasn't sure what to make of him yet. "Uh sure, but you'll have to prepare it yourself," Dr. Clue replied to Kuya.

She invited Samurai Equine in when he knocked. "Yeah, it seems like we are all gathered here this morning. I'm telling Kuya to cook is own breakfast," Dr. Clue replied to Samurai Equine as she set down two plates of French toast. "Here, I made some French toast for you."

• Brohoof 1

@Kujamih, @Skylight Scintillate

"Shitsurei shimasu." Samurai bows his head and then enters Dr. Clue's room with permission. He looks around. "You have a nice place here, hakasei." He sits down, only to find Dr. Clue offering him a piece of French toast. "...Atashi? Oh, arigato gozaimasu!" He nods and humbly takes it. "I don't really have a proper gift to offer, unless..."

Samurai pulls out a few small containers of some kind of food. "I brought some Natto from home. It's hard to get Japonies dishes in this half of Equestria. You're welcome to have one if you like, but it's a little salty. Most ponies with a western pallet don't usually like them." Samurai offers one to Dr. Clue. He looks over at Kuya. "You can have one too, if you want, Kuya-san. I brought plenty for everypony."

"Itadakimasu." After putting his hooves together in respect, Samurai decides to eat his slice of french toast first. "Oishi~!" Sounds like he enjoys it.

• Brohoof 3

@Samurai Equine @Kujamih 

Dr. Clue didn't reply to Kuya's pouting. Instead, she simply glared daggers back at him. 

"Yeah this place is a pretty nice place. I'll try one of those Nattos, thanks," Dr. Clue said as she grabbed one and tried it. "Hmm, it certainly has an interesting taste. It definitely isn't something I have tried before, but it's decent."

"So, what do you think Celestia is going to ask us to do todau?" Dr. Clue asked as she poured some tea for everypony.

• Brohoof 3

@Samurai Equine @Skylight Scintillate @PawelS @abrony-mouse

Kuya would return quite shortly since he only grabbed some fibres to eat.

As he sits down and listened to them, kuya noticed that Dr. Clue poured some tea for him.

He was genuinely happy and gave a smile to the doctor.

" Thank you very much!"

He then tried some of Samurai's Natto, and it was quite sticky.

But it reminded him of one of the dishes in the Island of the Blades called munggo. But that dish was more soup based and less sticky.

" Ooo so nostalgic... Reminds me of home..." Kuya's mood would change a bit, as if something was bothering him, but would quickly back to his dolt carefree smiling face.

• Brohoof 3

@Skylight Scintillate, @Kujamih

Samurai takes a moment to look around as he takes his mug of tea. He smiles and, for only a brief moment, closes his eyes. In that split second, he wished moments like this wouldn't have to end... "I have no idea. It would be nice if the missions we take on are not much harder than the last one." Samurai says. He raises his mug of tea and gives a toast. "Kanpai." He takes a sip of his tea. "Though, if Celestia needs one of us to be her personal aid for any reason, I'm happy to volunteer for that. No need to make all of us do something like that." Samurai gives a light giggle. He mixes and eats his natto before taking another sip of tea.

Edited by Samurai Equine
  • Brohoof 1

@PawelS, @abrony-mouse, @Kujamih, @Skylight Scintillate @Samurai Equine

Mango, who had snuck her nosy self back to Dr Clue's residence and then slept in, wakes to the sound and smells of a Canterlot morning. 

She tries to burrow herself in her pillow (ever a late riser), but is forced back to the present by Dr Clue's refined yet practical mareish tones and the clipped military baritone of the Samurai colt she had met yesterday. She can also hear Kuya, and blushes a little at the memory of snooping on him last night. (Seemingly it was all just an innocent tryst and not the devious plot she had imagined although that hadn't stopped her noting down a play idea in which she plays an evil villain Luster Dawn and the other actor is an anti-hero Kuya who eventually saves the world and reforms the villain.)

Mango emerges into the meeting room, mane akimbo and orange fur fluffed up from the bed and smiles at the company, unbothered by the dishevelled state she is presenting. She nods to the martial samurai, gives the scarred Kuya a slightly guilty smile, and turns a more full smile on her temporary patron and housemate ,Dr Clue :3 She will take any tea offered and any fruit and sit at the table listening to the others. At a suitable moment Mango will interject that she hopes it is something theatrical, and opines - semi jokingly - that Celestia might have wanted to form a troupe of actors. 

@abrony-mouse 

"Oh Hey Mango, you are awake. You didn't miss much, I was just telling Kuya to cook is own breakfast and we were all trying some of Samurai's Nattos. Kuya thinks he can just barge in and expect ponies to serve him breakfast, like who does he think he is?" Dr. Clue replied as she pulled out yet another plate of French toast for Mango Eve. She also poured some more tea and served some sliced plums for everypony. When Samurai and Mango made some jokes about Celestia, Dr. Clue gave them a funny look. "Well then, you two have fun with that."

• Brohoof 2

Mango thanks Dr Clue for the fruit and tea, which she noms/slurps while listening to the conversation and looking out the window at the glorious sunshine of a medieval Equrestrian day. Hoofcrafted white marble spires, the occasional buzz of magic from above the school and the soothing splish splash of waterfalls... can't beat waking up in Canterlot. The orange thespian politely offers to put up the Dr at her home if they ever travel near there.

As soon as everypony is done with breakfast Mango will be eager to present herself to the Princess.

• Brohoof 2