Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Into Limbo: Worlds Collide

Evil Pink One

(edited)

@Illiad Easle @Starforce

Lyra would ponder on and try to figure out what Blu is talking about.

"You need training in magic? Only know theories?... Not originally a PONY!?.... could you be a U- MAN!? CAN YOU TELL ME WHATS A HIGH FIVE!!" Lyra starts to becomes aggressive from her questions. It seems she has a fascination with U-MANS.

Bonbon would notice Lyra being super hyper again and would try to control her as she reads the letters.

" There you go again... Blu, Dusk, whatever you do, do not mention anything to Lyra about humans... She's obsessed on studying those apes..." She casually said while skimming to the letters.

" Oh and if you want solar energy for your machine the rooftop of the library is usually off limits...except for us Agents... But for a laboratory...the closest here would be the School of Friendship... Now that we don't have access to." Bonbon said while trying to avoid that topic...

After a brief look of the rest of the mails, one caught Bonbon's attention. The cover title was named, "URGENT SMILE."

Bonbon would immediately read the letter, and be shocked by it.

" And I thought things wouldn't get anymore worse... The whole Canterlot City has gone missing. All agents are expected to be present at the site immediately."

Lyra would look out the window where Canterlot City was usually visible, but it seems a giant white bubble is surrounding where the City used to stand.

" Oh my...this is bad... Very bad..." Lyra could not believe her eyes.

" We have to hurry there and help as much as we can. Dusk, Blu, it seems your situation has got a bit tricky... The event in Canterlot would be easily blamed by an ODT... A powerful one... I suggest that both of you to always watch each other's back." 

"Now we can't pass on this mission, so me and Lyra are forced to leave for Canterlot. You ponies can either join us or stay here, but if you do stay... Blu, dusk, you have to either attend a school or find a job in Ponyville. You still need to blend in and avoid suspicion."

Bonbon would then wait for their answer.

Edited by Kujamih
  • Brohoof 2

@Kujamih @Starforce

Blu was surprised by Lyra's sudden interest in him, and a little frustrated that she hadn't cared to ask earlier. He decided it would be best not to let on to any more information about himself to Lyra, "I never said I wasn't a pony, I said I wasn't a unicorn. I've never heard the term U-Man before." He did, of course, know what Lyra was referring to, but he wasn't about to give her more to go off on. Hopefully she'd calm down and move on soon enough.

He turned his attention to Bonbon and her query, "Well, it seems our problems have a mutual solution. If I were to enroll in the School of Friendship, as unacademic as that sounds, that would give me access to the laboratory as well as helping me blend in. I assume by your comments that I am considered, at least unofficially, an agent? Is there some sort of ID I'd need to present at the library? Or is that included in the ring and the gem?"

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad EasleEasle @Starforce

2 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

"I never said I wasn't a pony, I said I wasn't a unicorn. I've never heard the term U-Man before."

" awww.... " Lyra was a bit disappointed. She thought she had finally found a human to interrogate, while Bonbon was unamused to Lyra's reaction.

2 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

Well, it seems our problems have a mutual solution. If I were to enroll in the School of Friendship, as unacademic as that sounds, that would give me access to the laboratory as well as helping me blend in. I assume by your comments that I am considered, at least unofficially, an agent? Is there some sort of ID I'd need to present at the library? Or is that included in the ring and the gem?"

Bonbon would reply.

"You'd be surprised at what true friendship can do, Blu. I don't know what your dimensions history is but here, Friendship is everything."

Then Lyra and bonbon would give a brief history for the ODTs.

Bonbon would start off and Lyra would finish, like two detectives interrogating a suspect.

" The start and unification of the two Royal sisters?"

"Friendship."

" Royal Wedding Invasion?"

" ... Well that one was more on love, BUT friendship has a really big role on it."

" Rehabilitation of the Crystal Empire?"

"That focused on the Trust in Friendship."

" The birth of the Princess of Friendship."

"Friendship!"

"Tirek's Invasion?"

" Friendship Rainbow Lasers!!"

"The Chrono Trigger Event?"

" Friend~shiiiip~!"

" Chrysalis's Invasion?"

" Boom! Friendship."

"Banishment  of the Shadows?"

" Listening and understanding...."

".....?"

" Friendship of course!"

" The lose of Magic?"

" .... Friendship.... That part of history is kinda errr.... Since friendship kinda caused this problem...."

".... The fall of unity?"

This time Lyra didn't give an answer and looked at both Dusk and Blu, waiting for you to give the answer instead of her. 

• Brohoof 1

@Kujamih @Illiad Easle

Dusk gave Lyra a strange look at her reactions and looked to Blu, clearly having no idea what either of them were talking about. "I am the only one standing in this room that has no clue what either of you are talking about. Where I am from, none of these 'friendship' lasers or anything like that existed. Are you kidding around? If I was anywhere else I'd figure you'd be joking but clearly you are not." Dusk groaned. "But I have read up enough on it to know you are not. What I could have been..." she muttered that last bit. 

• Brohoof 1

@Kujamih @Starforce

Blu pinched the bridge of his muzzle with one of his gloves like he would if he still had hands. "Alright, I get it, Friendship is really important to you guys." He muttered under his breath, "Dancer was never this crazy." He shook it off, "Alright then, how do I get into the school? Maybe Dusk poses as a guardian, and I'm here as an exchange student from some far off city that isn't all that nice and no one here would have heard of or been to? That would explain my sudden arrival and lack of family, further my unfamiliarity with local customs and the like. Is that reasonable?"

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle @Kujamih

Dusk gave Blu a confused look. "Get into what school? I'm sorry, I don't understand anything either of you are saying. This doesn't make any sense to me. I'm just as lost as you are, Blu - so I wouldn't know how to pose as a guardian for you." she commented, seeming to think that over. 

(edited)

@Starforce @Illiad Easle

Lyra would stare at Blu while he uses the gloves. Lyra would make sure that Blu knows she is intensely looking at him.

She would slowly reveal a book from her back and starts to right down stuff while remaining eye contact with Blu.. 

" You're not U-man you say? Hmmmm?"

She says as she squints her eyes and gave a doubting look towards Blu.

" Okay okay.... Have it your way." She says as she continue writing on her book without breaking eye contact.

Bonbon would go near him and slowly take the floating gloves off and starts to whisper to Blu.

" What are you doing!? You trying to blow your cover!? I love Lyra with all my heart, but I have my limits too. And she is way too crazy into anthropology for me to handle... Once she starts you're on your own Blu."

Bonbon said with a stern warning towards Blu.

" Okay sweetie! You are doing it again, hehehehe." 

She'd then kiss Lyra at the cheeks to snap her off of her obsession, which made Lyra blush.

" Hey!.... Not Infront of the kids..." She shyly said.

Then Bonbon quickly changes the topic.

" Since you live in our house, you and Dusk are considered our adopted relatives. Your parents died from sickness and we will be your aunt who adopted you... You ponies want to be cousins or siblings?" 

" Once that is settled I can easily give the papers to the head mare of the school."

She then gave her attention to Dusk and said.

"Would you also like to attend there, find a job, or join us to Canterlot, Dusk?" Bonbon awaited Dusk Radiance reply.

Edited by Kujamih
  • Brohoof 2

@Kujamih @Starforce

Blu would physically recoil when Bonbon tried to take the gloves away, "Don't! touch me." Still he stowed them away, not indicating to Lyra that there was anything special about them. Hands were not unique to humans after all, diamond dogs, griffons, minotaurs, draconequui, centaur, and hippogryphs all had similar grasping appendages. He could be any one of them just as easily.

Still, Lyra had had her chance to ask, and squandered it by infantilizing him. He wasn't going to soon forgive that.

He looked over at Dusk, then back to the pair of mares, "No offence, but Dusk's old enough to be one of your siblings by my estimate. There's no need for us to be related at all. How about you say she's a family friend of yours from far away, then things don't get complicated as the two of us know very little about each other. But alright, dead parents, I've experience with that. You got names and info in mind? I can play up the grief to keep others from asking too much about them while I fill in the rest of the details."

• Brohoof 1

@Kujamih @Illiad Easle

Dusk huffs in annoyance at how neither of them answered her statements. She looks to Lyra and Bon Bon. "I don't want anything more from you. I don't know anything about what you are talking about so why would I sign onto it? I am very confused. Since neither of you apparently heard what I have to say - Fill me in on what you are talking about - before asking me to join or agree to anything at all. If you haven't noticed, I don't understand a dime of what you are saying." she huffed, very unamused by what they were saying. She was more confused if anything. 

Edited by Starforce

@Starforce

Bonbon would bow her head and apologize to Dusk 

" Sorry about that, I couldn't react to your questions immediately because of this two..."

" Anyway that's one good point that you have to realize Dusk, you have no idea how this world works, how it works and how it's culture works. That's why I suggest you guys to get some education, and what better school for that than the school of friendship?"

" Just give them the dead parent excuse and say you came from a family from a made up poor village and bam you guys are in."

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Illiad EasleE @Starforce

" That works too. Then just say we adopted you or took you in." Lyra chimed in.

Lyra would then notice that Dusk got distressed.

" Oh sorry Dusk. I didn't mean to forget about your questions. I guess Bonbon is right, the school of friendship can help, or get exposed to the world I guess? It's up to you what you wanna do here." 

Edited by Kujamih
  • Brohoof 1

@Starforce @Illiad Easle

Then a knock on the door disturbed their arguments.

"Sigh... Today's a really busy day."

Bonbon would head to the door and answer the knock.

" Good morning and welcome to Heartstrings househo... Sweetie Belle!?"

sketch-1647334736061.thumb.jpg.518feae1283565f4ffd1cd8cc6626972.jpg

"Good morning Agent Bonbon. I came on behalf of Alpha, to assist you in your travel to Canterlot. I assume you've already received the letter? I was suppose to meet you in the train station. But it seems you pony's are unusually late, so I went to your house instead. What may be the cause of delay this time, teacher?" Beta gave a sly comment.

" Ahh... Apologies agent Beta. We are still packing and preparing some...um things before leaving the household." Bonbon replied as she looks back to the group.

" I see you've got knew recruits? I presume to replace us, Teacher?" She said calmly, yet sly but with a hint of harshness.

" Good morning Agent Lyra." For some reason Beta gave more respect when speaking to Lyra.

Beta would also notice Dusk and Blu.

" Ahh the new recruits I presume! I believe you're Dusk Radiance? You where recommended by Agent Lyra. You must be quite special then?"

As she finish observing Dusk and her possible conversation.

She would then notice the young  pony.

"And ... A colt? Why recruit a colt... Have you not learned your lesson then?" Beta seems to be quite mad but it dosn't show in her face but through her tone. The rest can feel the change of the mood in the room due to her.

"No no, you got it all wrong Beta. Blu here is one of my relatives colt and is staying here for academic reasons." Lyra tried to quickly explain to Beta as she does not want her to know more about Blu or Dusk.

" Is that so?" Beta would say as she seems to thoroughly visually scan Blu and Dusk from horn to hoof.

" I'm guessing Blu will be attending the school of friendship? I suggest you don't use Smile equipment within the school, as we are quite not welcomed there..."

It seems there's a bit more time for idle chatter, as Beta is still indulging herself with the rest and is not in a rush to leave.

• Brohoof 2

@Kujamih @Starforce

Blu was fairly indifferent to Sweetie Belle, though a bit intrigued by her prosthetics, until she was referred to as Beta. The name reminded him of the previous night, Beta had been on the radio with Alpha when Alpha had determined to murder him. Beta then had been complicit in his murder. His whole countenance grew significantly colder at that point.

1 hour ago, Kujamih said:

I suggest you don't use Smile equipment within the school, as we are quite not welcomed there...

"I can't imagine why." He said in a deadpan that belied his misgivings toward the mare and the organization. 

• Brohoof 2

@Starforce @Illiad Easle

Beta would glare at Blu. It seems she didn't like the way you spoke to her.

" Surely... You lack it, that's why." She haughtily replied. She would not wait for your reply and quickly exit the building.

"We must leave post haste, we are late as it is. You do not need to bring your equipments, as they are outdated. I will be handing you new techs for this mission. So say your goodbyes for now and leave the keys to them. This is an order." Beta then continues to move forward not even waiting for Bonbon to catch up or reply to her demands.

@Starforce

Bonbon would go close to Dusk and hand over the keys to the house and an envelope.

Inside is a blank birth certificate and an I.D. of SMILE, for Dusk Radiance.

" Well... Enjoy ponyville... And I hope to see both of you still here when we get back. When you finish filling things up just give it to the mayor. Sorry... For seeing me like this..."  Bonbon seems ashamed that Dusk is seeing her this weak and being pushed around by others.

@Illiad Easle

Lyra was a bit sad at what happened. 

She'd look towards Blu and give a somewhat fake smile.

" Well... Orders are orders... Enjoy the School of Friendship okay? We'll be back... I hope."

• Brohoof 2

@Illiad Easle @Kujamih

Twilight takes the ID and birth certificate in her magic, taking a look inside the envelope she would look at it and smile in thankfulness. "Don't apologize. I hope you all find what you need. Blu, I know our first encounter wasn't the best but I wish you the best. I need to head out and check around town, get my bearings on the place and such. I will be back later." Twilight spoke and waved, before walking out the door. 

@Kujamih @Starforce

Blu was a little confused, they essentially gave him the key to his freedom and didn't even tell him not to let himself out. He briefly considered making a run for it again, roughing it in the woods, but decided against it. It would be better to get whatever training he could while it was available to him. Who knew how long he'd have that opportunity?

"Wait," He called out to Dusk, "Do you know where the library is? Could you guide me there? I'd like to see what resources they have available."

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle @Kujamih

Dusk stopped at the doorframe. 'Follow me and I'll take you there." she remarked, allowing him to follow her way towards the library. She knew that he may be up to something but wouldn't stop him. 

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle @Starforce

As Blu and Dusk left the household, the Ponyville atmosphere would hit them at full force.

the sun shines bright, while the breeze feels inviting to the touch. The trees sway gently, as if dancing elegantly with the breeze, while the birds sing to the tree's dance.

The ponies of Ponyville would lovingly greet them.

some would say hello, while the other would greet them good morning and some would weirdly even brake out into a song.

one would think that in this situation, they are truly in a weird place. So perfect. So nice. Much wow... So... So unreal.

Both of them would eventually reach "The New Golden Oaks Library."

(You may initiate small talk with each other. If need be. Once a hint to change scenery or entering the building, the plot will move.)

• Brohoof 2

@Starforce @Kujamih

Blu would quickly grab the Kernel and his gloves, leaving the rest of his stuff behind in Lyra and Bonbon's house, except the Smile stuff he had just received, and moved to follow Dusk.

He was a bit disappointed in the environment, commenting quietly such that only Dusk could overhear him, "The air here is very clean, so either a pre- or post- industrialized society, but given the low level of technology here, I'd have to guess pre-industrial. Though magic could offset a lot of the demand for mechanical power. Still, that likely means very little if any electrical potential here. I'll just have to set up my own."

Unless Dusk commented he'd speak up a little louder, "So, I gather from our earlier interactions that you're in a similar boat to mine? Join or die? What's your thoughts on the matter?"

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle @Kujamih

Dusk would allow him to speak and take in the words that she could gather. He was definitely from another world, much like her own. "I find myself lacking an understanding as to your situation. You are from another world. So am I. To give you an idea of where I am from, skies this calm and sights such as the grass, the trees, and the like aren't a thing. Where I am from - the entire world is in a drought. Has been the past 10 years. Due to a former ruler turning against us and making the days permanently longer, and the Sun closer to the planet. This means that we experience longer summers, with only Autumn as our break form the heat." she sighs.

"There are no winters, not anymore. Even though the trees lose their leaves at the same time, the sun shines down relentlessly. We've nearly experienced civil war multiple times. The population has shrunk, most of the elderly have died. The only ones who remain are the ones who are strong enough to survive and pull their weight. Canterlot is in half ruins thanks to a massive battle that took place there. The money to fix something ruined like that, is not something we have. It is not just Equestria that suffers. It is the Entire World. From what I know, our leader has agreements with the others...we collectively share the resources we have as a planet, but there are many groups who do not like that...and resort to assassinations and violent demonstrations that have become more and more frequent." she narrowed her eyes.

"I came here so I could find a solution. Nobody else could. So I developed interdimensional travel on my own in my studies in hopes of finding a solution to my dying, abysmal world. If not, we'll tear ourselves apart over the remaining resources." Dusk replied grimly. 

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce

Blu was surprised at how much Dusk opened up to him about her situation, "You're not like the other two, you seem to recognize my cognizance. Still, I may not have a solution, but my world had a similar issue to a lessor degree, it was self-caused, and self-change was sufficient to reduce it. But one theory on how they might stop the overheating was to simply construct a giant solar shade. Simply block some portion of the sun permanently, and you'll cut the amount of solar radiation by the same proportion. Like an artificial eclipse. Now, you mentioned interdimensional travel, are you able to get back to your world? Are you able to get to other worlds?"

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle @Kujamih

Dusk shot him somewhat of a sideways glance. "Because I have nothing to lose - I am simply a traveler who wants to solve a problem. The other two - I don't understand what they want or what they do. It's out of my realm of understanding. Seems they wish to provide for us, so that's something to consider as well." she looked away for a moment as if weighing her thoughts. "That may be a realm of possibility, it's something we've actually attempted but to no avail. No matter what we do, there are always some cultists that come about and destroy any work we do to stop it." she commented, shaking her head.

"I am afraid the way I got here was a one way trip. But given enough time, and research I could very well find a way to travel to other worlds, and even get back to my own. It would be easier to get back to my own, since my own body has a different make up compared to your own - I have theorized that throughout dimensions, the makeup of bodies and matter is always slightly different in each one. So knowing that, it would be a lot easier to 'scan' for that of which has the same as my own." she replied, analytically. 

Edited by Starforce
  • Brohoof 1

55 minutes ago, Illiad Easle said:

@Starforce @Kujamih

Blu would quickly grab the Kernel and his gloves, leaving the rest of his stuff behind in Lyra and Bonbon's house, except the Smile stuff he had just received, and moved to follow Dusk.

He was a bit disappointed in the environment, commenting quietly such that only Dusk could overhear him, "The air here is very clean, so either a pre- or post- industrialized society, but given the low level of technology here, I'd have to guess pre-industrial. Though magic could offset a lot of the demand for mechanical power. Still, that likely means very little if any electrical potential here. I'll just have to set up my own."

Unless Dusk commented he'd speak up a little louder, "So, I gather from our earlier interactions that you're in a similar boat to mine? Join or die? What's your thoughts on the matter?"

(Info add)

As Blu analyze the village, he would notice what seems to resemble a quirky, some what of an old model of a street light. One can't tell if it is one, since the sun is up and no light seems to come out of it, and it seems to have no cables visibly attached to it, that could produce electricity.

• Brohoof 1

@Kujamih @Starforce

Blu would be disappointed by Dusk's answer, "Ah, well, this body I have likely won't work to find my home with, as it isn't what I had there. Still, I've got some other theories that are a tad bit more... destructive, but would leave much less opportunity for sabotage. Give me a day or two and I'll see if I can't work out something reasonable."

Unless Dusk had more to say, Blu would be ready to enter the library and get to studying, and the roof.

• Brohoof 1

@Kujamih @Illiad Easle

"Could very well consider what you have to offer." Dusk said plainly as they entered into the library, not having much else to say. She would be sure to give Blu his space as she would start looking into gravity manipulation books, another form of magic she would like to study. 

• Brohoof 1