Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general media Kevin Conroy(Voice for Batman in various media, most notably in Batman TAS) has passed away

Megas

A huge shocker, tragic news to wake up to, but Kevin Conroy, most notable for his role as the Caped-Crusader, Batman in various media such as the Arkham series, Justice League, and most notably Batman The Animated Series has passed away

FhSzQOQXgAEzdK1?format=jpg&name=large

RIP. There will never be a greater Batman

• Brohoof 9

Moments ago, TheAnimationFanatic said:

RIP Mr. Conroy.

Now you are truly one with the night. 

I know there have been tons of actors who have donned the cowl but Kevin Conroy's portrayal of both Bruce Wayne and Batman was amazing. 

SO many memorable moments and performances.

Small but this is my favorite from my favorite video game of all-time.

• Brohoof 6

I had a feeling there would be a thread about his passing here sooner or later. I only just found out about this through a random article followed by looking at a more accurate one that does confirm that he did indeed pass away. To say I'm shocked would be a major understatement of epic proportions. The reactions to his passing on Twitter are just beautiful. It shows how much of an impact he truly had with what he gave with each and every performance.

• Brohoof 5

May the fantastic performance brought forth by the man behind the mask continue to inspire fans for generations to come. May we find certainty during times of doubt, bravery when faced with fear, and when all seems dark and lost, find the courage within ourselves to aid others, and provide a light of hope.

• Brohoof 4

This hurts. 

Some of my earliest memories were watching BTAS. What Bruce Wayne went through and who he chose to be helped shape me early on into the person I am today. It wouldn't have been so moving as a kid without Conroy's heart poured into the performance. He's one of the few people on earth who got what it meant to be the hero Gotham City, and the rest of us, all needed. Batman was an inspiration for us all, but it was an inspiration for him too. Today of all days I find out Conroy was gay, and that his portrayal of Bruce's struggles drew from some of the darkest times to be a gay man in America. But playing that role also helped him find the courage to face that fear and finally be himself. And finally find love that lasted till the very end. 

Rest in Power, Kevin Conroy. Thomas and Martha Wayne would've been proud of all the good you did. 

• Brohoof 4

This is like the first celebrity death I've got pretty emotional over. 
Just so many memories growing up with batman the animated series, Justice League Unlimited, and especially the Arkham Games. 
Rest in Piece to that magnificent voice :(

• Brohoof 5

His final role is an ironic one given that Mark Hamill is voicing a character from the same franchise but in a different iteration of it. I'm going to use a spoiler tag for this next bit just in case no one has seen it for themselves.

Spoiler

Conroy's final role sees him voicing Hordak from Netflix's CGI He-Man and the Masters of the Universe in the season three finale. Whether he managed to record any future lines remains to be seen as there's no confirmation of a season four.

Hamill, voiced Skeletor in Masters of the Universe: Revelation which is a continuation of the original cartoon.

It appears that Kevin Conroy succumbed to cancer.

• Brohoof 3

Man. This was a few days after I bought the complete DVD of Batman TAS from eBay. I even have Batman Beyond DVD as well and to see Kevin Conroy pass away unexpectedly felt as if my soul had been Thanos'd away...

• Brohoof 3