Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

cleaning vintage ponies

nostalgicponytimes

what methods are the most effective of cleaning ponies?

I've tried dish soap, hand soap, nail polish remover, and a magic eraser on my g1 big brother salty. he still has some marks, some black and some an orange-y color. some black scuff marks come off with a lot of scrubbing and acetone, however some have left grey stains on the pony. the orange stains do not come off no matter what i try. is it possible this is rust? how do i know if the pony still has its washer without removing the head (its glued on and i don't trust myself to remove it without damaging the inner ring)?

if nothing else works, would it be okay to cover the stains with paint? what paints should i use? if i play with the pony too much will the paint come off?

Here's a site that goes into excruciating detail on cleaning and repair/restoration of vintage MLP toys. A lot of this is usually way more intense than what most people need to do to clean old toys, but it sounds like there are some marks on your toy that need this level.

The My Little Pony Preservation Project (mlppreservationproject.com)

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Fhaolan said:

Here's a site that goes into excruciating detail on cleaning and repair/restoration of vintage MLP toys. A lot of this is usually way more intense than what most people need to do to clean old toys, but it sounds like there are some marks on your toy that need this level.

The My Little Pony Preservation Project (mlppreservationproject.com)

THIS IS SO HELPFUL, thank you so so much!!