Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is Your Idea of a Romantic Date? (Please Keep it Clean)

True Rarity

The Perfect Date?  

85 users have voted

1. 1. Which of these is a Perfect Date?

• A day at a carnival or amusement park
    • A classic candlelit dinner
    • A picnic under the stars
    • A night at a bar
    • Looking at the clouds together
    • Hanging out at home
    • Other
    • Dancing at some kind of party
    • A long walk on the beach at sunset
    • Cuddling while watching the sunset/rise
    • Sitting on top of a car while stargazing
    • Watching your favorite sport
    • A quiet evening by the fire
    • Eating ice cream on a warm summer evening
    • Hiking through a peaceful forest
    • Ice skating, gliding with hands laced together
    • Rolling down a hill on a breezy day
    • Having a heart-to-heart talk
    • Watching a romantic movie
    • Watching a scary film and hiding in each other's arms
    • Walking home from work/school while holding hands
    • Playing and hiding in a grove of trees
    • Sitting peacefully on a porch swing
    • Shopping and later going out to dinner
    • Reading your favorite books in a quiet library
    • Buying goodies at the local confectionary and eating them
    • Baking together
    • Gardening together
    • Climbing a tree and later napping there in each other's arms
    • Sharing funny stories in a meadow

Cuddling through all the seasons of Friends. Oh man you can only imagine if you never had gone through the experience :D

Eery date needs about 20 minutes of cuddles. If there aren't cuddles then what the hell are you doing.

(edited)

For me, here's my "Romantic Date."

First I would want to go just have or make lunch/dinner and just talk.

Then go home and play some video games or watch a movie.

Then cuddles will commence. And then fall asleep in their arms.

Then end. :3

Edited by ~PrincessOfWub~

Picnic under the stars sounded nice to me, and the perfect scene would be:

Late summer, early autumn when the heat is dying down but the evenings aren't cold. The food would consist of mostly fruit, enough to snack on as the setting sun emblazens the sky in orange and purple hues that intertwine gracefully and gradually fade as the dusky eternity of the night is revealed, stars and constellations glittering with bright splashes of nebulae frame the moon in indescribable beauty (obviously out in the country somewhere, where we can see stars clearly :ha: )

My date and I would be talking (about anything really) laying next to each other on the blanket, maybe holding hands with our fingers interlaced or maybe holding each other close in each others arms... *sighs deeply*

I don't think I'm a hopeless romantic — I try to be hopeful.

Every date is incomplete without friction.

...And gravity.

No, really. Friction keeps the drinks in the glasses and gravity keeps the food on the table.

Every date is incomplete without friction.

...And gravity.

No, really. Friction keeps the drinks in the glasses and gravity keeps the food on the table.

Oh well that makes--wait WHAT!?

Oh well that makes--wait WHAT!?

Well, liquids without viscosity (friction) will climb out of their containers. Can't have that when you're trying to pour a drink for your date, can we?

Well, liquids without viscosity (friction) will climb out of their containers. Can't have that when you're trying to pour a drink for your date, can we?

Isn't viscosity a function of mutual attraction between the molecules of liquid (aka cohesion)? I don't think that has anything to do with friction.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
Isn't viscosity a function of mutual attraction between the molecules of liquid (aka cohesion)? I don't think that has anything to do with friction.

Viscosity is a liquid's version of friction. As you say, it is a mutual attraction of the molecules of a liquid. Friction applies exclusively to solids and their mutual attraction (hence why I am not falling out of my chair); I was simplifying, I apologize.

Edited by SirHandMan
  • Brohoof 1

For me, just anything involving cuddling. Gazing at the beautiful stars, watching the clouds from a soft, grassy field (both of which sound amazing IMO), etc. I just ... aah! Cuddling sounds so romantic, at least, to me it does. *squee* :wub: If I ever get to experience something like that, at least once in my lifetime (which is extremely unlikely given my current circumstances, but what do I know, I'm still young), then I can die happy. :lol:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I saw too many options so I couldn't really be bothered to pick! Sorry OP!

I imagine it to start off in a nice restaurant, a candle-lit room coupled with a glass of wine.

Maybe after that, a walk along the lakeside sounds rather good to me.

Then... It goes somewhere so unpredictable... I open the door to my room... and begin... to.. watch MLP for the rest of the night.

Nah, I'm kidding around with the last line!  :lol:

I guess I'm a little conventional when it comes to romantic stuff.

Edit: I didn't need to look far down. It was only the second option...  :blink:

Edited by The Golden Cross

Most of the options in the poll sounds pretty good to me so I can't really decide, what you do matter but what is even more important is who you are doing it with. 

• Brohoof 2

But no, amusement parks have always been a special place for me. They've always meant something deeper to me than "wow, this is fun." They've been a place of wonder, joy, and freedom for my entire life. I've gone to an amusement park with friends and family, and while that is fun being able to share that experience with a romantic partner would be amazing.

I can totally relate to this 100%. The times I have gone to the amusement park or to the state fair with a date have been the best dates. Something about those dates always seem so magical and happy. I've always dreamed about going to Disneyland on a date someday.

Other than amusement parks, my favorite date places are usually places where we can dance and/or be silly. Going to a wedding together is always a fun date, assuming the couple has good taste in music and provides free drinks, haha. I like going to dance clubs too.

I think the best date I ever went on was at a hotel. We went to a hotel that had a jacuzzi in the room, and filled it up with tons of bubble bath and bath toys. We then proceeded to play and cuddle in it while we watched tv and drank wine. It was SO MUCH FUN. I want to recreate that again.

Honestly... I just want to cuddle a cute girl... That is the best time I have... However my "perfect" date is whenever she is happy... Whenever I get a smile from a girl I like that means it went great, no matter how I felt during it

• Brohoof 4

Honestly... I just want to cuddle a cute girl... That is the best time I have... However my "perfect" date is whenever she is happy... Whenever I get a smile from a girl I like that means it went great, no matter how I felt during it

Kokurai is winning right now  :) The rest of you fellas better step your game up!

The smartest answer from any guy on this thread.

Kokurai is winning right now  :) The rest of you fellas better step your game up!

Oh my... I am blushing now... :blush:  Th-Thanks, both of you... I-I just have always liked making my friends happy & the closer you are too me the harder I try... So when I get a girlfriend I usually focus everything I have into making them feel as special as possible... B-But thanks, I appreciate that you both enjoy my response...

• Brohoof 1

I enjoy cooking, so I would start by cooking her favorite meal, after that it would depend on where interests overlap, but my guess is that it would be enjoying a movie or a walk or stargazing, etc :blush: . I'm going to sound like a bit of a bit of a mushy loser saying this, but I (in theory, haven't had a chance to test this full scale) would enjoy being able to simply be with someone special and make her happy (provided money or good looks don't matter, 'cause I've got neither  :lol: ).7/28/12

I have the perfect date idea:

Alice Cooper concert!

Because nothing says "Love" like blood, vaudeville, heavily didactic lyrics, Pure Rock, and shouting the chorus to "Schools Out" together.

Right? :muffins:

• 2 weeks later...

Walk around at sunset, then lay down somewhere (or picnic, hurr foodz) under the stars and stargaze all night long. Then cuddle, nap/sleep, and wake up watching the sunrise. *-*

I checked almost every single one.  Almost.  I don't drink, so no bar.  And rolling down a hill...meh.  But just about all of these are great, because ultimately, it doesn't matter what you do, it just matters who you're with.