Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is Your Idea of a Romantic Date? (Please Keep it Clean)

True Rarity

The Perfect Date?  

85 users have voted

1. 1. Which of these is a Perfect Date?

• A day at a carnival or amusement park
    • A classic candlelit dinner
    • A picnic under the stars
    • A night at a bar
    • Looking at the clouds together
    • Hanging out at home
    • Other
    • Dancing at some kind of party
    • A long walk on the beach at sunset
    • Cuddling while watching the sunset/rise
    • Sitting on top of a car while stargazing
    • Watching your favorite sport
    • A quiet evening by the fire
    • Eating ice cream on a warm summer evening
    • Hiking through a peaceful forest
    • Ice skating, gliding with hands laced together
    • Rolling down a hill on a breezy day
    • Having a heart-to-heart talk
    • Watching a romantic movie
    • Watching a scary film and hiding in each other's arms
    • Walking home from work/school while holding hands
    • Playing and hiding in a grove of trees
    • Sitting peacefully on a porch swing
    • Shopping and later going out to dinner
    • Reading your favorite books in a quiet library
    • Buying goodies at the local confectionary and eating them
    • Baking together
    • Gardening together
    • Climbing a tree and later napping there in each other's arms
    • Sharing funny stories in a meadow

Well, my idea of a romantic date would be going to an amusement park. Nothing says romance like screaming your lungs out on a roller coaster, right?

But no, amusement parks have always been a special place for me. They've always meant something deeper to me than "wow, this is fun." They've been a place of wonder, joy, and freedom for my entire life. I've gone to an amusement park with friends and family, and while that is fun being able to share that experience with a romantic partner would be amazing. 

That being said, it's really the person that's the most important, and not what you're doing. Ultimately, I don't really care where the date is (within reason) as long as I'd be spending it with someone I loved.

• Brohoof 2

My idea of a romantic date would probably be most of the things listed here as well as a few other things. I don't think it takes that much to make a situation special, it is the person you are with that is the most important. You can have a bad date at a 5 star restaurant just as easily as you can have a bad date at a fast food joint, just do the little things that show your date that you care about them and hopefully all should go well. I have a crush on someone and although she is unfortunetely already taken I don't care what I would do with her as long as I got spend time with her, I hope the lucky bastard that stole her heart is treating her right. It sucks but I will just have to keep on looking and don't get discouraged.

Romantic? Hm. I guess in bed cuddling and watching a movie. Granted if I really like who I'm with, I'd be too busy kissing them and stuff.

But I'd LOVE to go to a carnival and get some yummy food together too. :D

Well, if there is one thing my ex and I use to do.  We used to walk on beaches, holding hands and watch either the Sunrise or Sunset.  Now, I hope that special somepony will enjoy the same thing, :D

Oh god, I have no idea lol. I've never even been on a date in the first place. I'd just be awkward and my ideas of being romantic would probably be cringe-worthy at best. xD

Right now, the closest thing to a date with my gurlfwend would probably be a video chat. :3

Anything, where we're just together, doing whatever is enjoyable and quiet.

I'm just a simple bastard lol.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

My idea of a romantic date is talking about Homura non-stop with @.

Disclaimer: I meant to tag Clarity but she had my display name in March so it looks like I'm talking to myself

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

The squees that I get when I think of this :squee:.

Eat at an Ethiopian restaurant

It would start out just going to a mall and.. not necessarily shopping, but just walking/fooling around doing whatever. Then we'd go eat somewhere with a nice ambiance (this is a romantic date, is it not?), talk for a while of course. Then we'd walk outside for a while before sunset (outdoor commercial centers are good too!) when it's getting dark and... :squee:. Then I'd just find a bench and cuddle with her for a long time where it's quiet, and tell her how..how :squee:..... hnng *falls unconscious*  X_X !

Edited by Super80 Wolf

Well, my idea of a romantic date would be going to an amusement park. Nothing says romance like screaming your lungs out on a roller coaster, right?

But no, amusement parks have always been a special place for me. They've always meant something deeper to me than "wow, this is fun." They've been a place of wonder, joy, and freedom for my entire life. I've gone to an amusement park with friends and family, and while that is fun being able to share that experience with a romantic partner would be amazing.

That being said, it's really the person that's the most important, and not what you're doing. Ultimately, I don't really care where the date is (within reason) as long as I'd be spending it with someone I loved.

Well played sir, well played. You somehow managed to describe my feelings toward amusement parks, almost as if you knew...

YES I'll go to Six Flags with you <3

(edited)

I wanna spend an evening baking with my girlfriend <3

In fact, I wanna do all that cheesy, lovey-dovey stuff that you see in the movies, like walks in the park and picnics and stuff :3

Edited by LatinoChurro

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

I was daydreaming once about watching TV on the couch with my girlfriend and eating an entire tub a ice cream with her lol XD

Edited by LatinoChurro

i can think of so many things

amusement park/water park

sitting at home playing video games

discussing mlp

going to a fancy resteraunt

snuggling in bed

taking a walk at the park at night then sitting and watching the stars

fireworks

going to a christmas land place thing

going for a drive at night

watching the sun rise/set

listening to music

having a party

going swimming

minigolf

bowling

watching a movie

going to the mall

going skiing

making food

hanging around with pets

skydiving

going to a concert

I picked picnic under the stars, but a few of those sound great.  Anything outside is nice to me.  I've only ever watched the stars with a guy once, and we were at a pretty rocky time in our lives at that point, so I couldn't even enjoy it.  I think if someone could do that with me again and made the night a happy night, then that'd be really nice.

I picked picnic under the stars, but a few of those sound great.  Anything outside is nice to me.  I've only ever watched the stars with a guy once, and we were at a pretty rocky time in our lives at that point, so I couldn't even enjoy it.  I think if someone could do that with me again and made the night a happy night, then that'd be really nice.

I could arrange something like that... :comeatus:

A picnic at night under the stars by candlelight. Talking, eating, looking at the stars. Yeah, that would be a perfect romantic evening. As long as it wasn't snowing, or raining thank you very much.