Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is Your Idea of a Romantic Date? (Please Keep it Clean)

True Rarity

The Perfect Date?  

85 users have voted

1. 1. Which of these is a Perfect Date?

• A day at a carnival or amusement park
    • A classic candlelit dinner
    • A picnic under the stars
    • A night at a bar
    • Looking at the clouds together
    • Hanging out at home
    • Other
    • Dancing at some kind of party
    • A long walk on the beach at sunset
    • Cuddling while watching the sunset/rise
    • Sitting on top of a car while stargazing
    • Watching your favorite sport
    • A quiet evening by the fire
    • Eating ice cream on a warm summer evening
    • Hiking through a peaceful forest
    • Ice skating, gliding with hands laced together
    • Rolling down a hill on a breezy day
    • Having a heart-to-heart talk
    • Watching a romantic movie
    • Watching a scary film and hiding in each other's arms
    • Walking home from work/school while holding hands
    • Playing and hiding in a grove of trees
    • Sitting peacefully on a porch swing
    • Shopping and later going out to dinner
    • Reading your favorite books in a quiet library
    • Buying goodies at the local confectionary and eating them
    • Baking together
    • Gardening together
    • Climbing a tree and later napping there in each other's arms
    • Sharing funny stories in a meadow

(edited)

You know what? I'm just gonna have to say it.

Being within a 5ft radius of a female OR making eye contact with a female OR talking to a female. Any of those will count for a romantic date.

Note: the term "female" in this case refers to any member of the human female species, but does not include blood relatives.

However my "perfect" date is whenever she is happy...

By that definition, I've had a lot of perfect dates.

Edited by Regulus

A perfect date....Haha, that'd be awesome. First we'd go outside for an awesome walk on a clear night when it was really late that we'd be alone. No one to interrupt us! But it wouldn't get quiet or awkward because we'd be talking the whole time. Then we'd go to a hill and have a picnic and go stargazing! And the food would be awesome because I really like food and if the date is perfect so is the food! Oh and there'd be a pretty lake nearby. Because I like lakes. And then after a while we'd go home and sit on the couch together and watch a movie or some TV until we fell asleep. 

I would die of excitement if that happened! xD Probably not anyone else's idea of a fantastic date, but it's mine. 

• 3 weeks later...

Tonbe honest I dont find any of your poll choices romantic. That said I am an extremely romantic person and I have been told that I am too romantic sometimes as every date I go on are always extremely romantic. For example I love to cook for that special pony and when I say cook I don't mean someethingnthat take half an hour, o spend about four hours preparing the food and when it comes down to it we would eat froma table covered in rose petals drinking champagne or Chianti depending on what I have made and then go for a stroll along the Thames under a star filled sky and arrive at a masquerade ball.

I tend to splash out with the cash a lot on a date.

No one activity really strikes me as decidedly romantic, honestly. I could honestly do just about anything/go just about anywhere with my date and have a "romantic" time, as long as we're both enjoying each other's company.

A day spent, say, at a Motörhead concert - followed up by a meal as cheap as Jack in the Box - would still be every bit as enjoyable and romantic to me as the more typical settings, such as a ritzy restaurant followed by a walk on the beach. ;)

Aww, it doesn't matter! Most of them sound lovely! I'd want whatever my special somepony wants. However, I'm a snuggler, so whatever happens, she will have to cope with being snuggled at the end of the night! >:3

Damn, I have no date experience! :(

I'd say anything but hanging out at home, I'd personally wouldn't find sense to spent all day long at home doing the same things while outside there's a world of different things to do waiting for us.

(edited)

I'm not sure, since I've never dated before. I think a good romantic date would involve some nice one on one time with the other person. (Not sexual)

Maybe going to eat out at a restaurant, or eating ice cream together on a warm summer night.I don't know. Something with each other, y'know? The idea of going to a dance club doesn't sound very fun to me. I'd probably just stand in the corner awkwardly while they have fun. 

Edited by Mikami

Going to the mall and maybe having some gifts bought for me ^.^

Going to an Italian restaraunt and dessert after.

Going home to be lazy on the couch and watching TV.

I'm a little boring ^^;

• Brohoof 1

So many options... I ended up picking eight. :lol:

A walk home from school, hand-in-hand, back to mine. Get home, cuddle, go for a walk in the woods nearby. Curry for dinner (made by me when we get back) with Bobby Darin in the background. Watch a scary film, watch a romantic film, shower each other with compliments and then to bed.

Just hanging out together and getting to know the other person. I'm not one for fancy-smanshy stuff or romantic fluff in general.

Some people are gonna be like have a nice dinner with roses and stuff. But just crashing at one of our houses ordering a pizza or just snacks. And playing video games or just watching tv and talking :) sounds perfect to me.

I would wake up together with him and kiss him good morning, we'd have breakfast and after washing the dishes I'd boop his nose and say "Hey, let's do something random, let's go out right now and see where we end up". We'd walk around randomly, hang out in a park, shop, have lunch at a little cafe and head back home. We relax a little and I tell him to take a shower because I reserved dinner for two in a fancy restaurant up in the skyline. After dinner we go to a calm bar to drink some fancy beers or wine to end the night. With a nice buzz going on we'd go back and fall asleep together after an exhausting day.

That's what came up in my mind and I've been planning to do something similar next time I meet him. I like short dates as well, just a dinner during summer, eating seafood at the shore while the dim streetlights light up the shore, hearing the soft waves in the background. But I prefer these longer things that kinda span throughout the day, spending time together in a spontaneous and exciting fashion for a day and then relaxing a few days after before the next exciting day full of activies pops out of nowhere.

• 5 months later...

I'm not really a romantic person (I used to be in high school though), but there are a few ideas on here that I really like.  :D (they're all great though!) 

I think ice skating or napping in a tree might get me killed though (okay... not killed, but injured). I would fall right out of that tree, and if I tried ice skating, especially if I held on to my date's hand, we'd both end up on the ground more than we'd be up and skating.  :wacko:

Kinda like that time my boyfriend took me roller skating, and I accidentally pulled him when was falling and send him crashing to the ground...  :blink:

...lol I've just realized how lame my dates have all been. Literally I've gone to the movies and that's about it. My life is sad. My dating life is sad.

But baking sounds fun! Making a bunch of yummy treats with someone you care about, nothing better than that. :nom:

Perfect date for me is, true to my geeky self, a night of tabletop games with my beloved(s). And if we're a bit of a distance for a round of Catan, then Skype and a night on Steam works just as well. Might not be conventionally romantic, but after a few battles, the loser usually owes the victors a few hours of snuggling, so it works out just fine. Throw in a hearty dinner, and I'm yours for the night.  :wub:

A nice quiet night of sitting on the couch snuggling and watching tv or playing video games. And then maybe if I was taken out to a nice restraunt or a place to have some fun, I would be putty in your hands.