Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is Your Idea of a Romantic Date? (Please Keep it Clean)

True Rarity

The Perfect Date?  

85 users have voted

1. 1. Which of these is a Perfect Date?

• A day at a carnival or amusement park
    • A classic candlelit dinner
    • A picnic under the stars
    • A night at a bar
    • Looking at the clouds together
    • Hanging out at home
    • Other
    • Dancing at some kind of party
    • A long walk on the beach at sunset
    • Cuddling while watching the sunset/rise
    • Sitting on top of a car while stargazing
    • Watching your favorite sport
    • A quiet evening by the fire
    • Eating ice cream on a warm summer evening
    • Hiking through a peaceful forest
    • Ice skating, gliding with hands laced together
    • Rolling down a hill on a breezy day
    • Having a heart-to-heart talk
    • Watching a romantic movie
    • Watching a scary film and hiding in each other's arms
    • Walking home from work/school while holding hands
    • Playing and hiding in a grove of trees
    • Sitting peacefully on a porch swing
    • Shopping and later going out to dinner
    • Reading your favorite books in a quiet library
    • Buying goodies at the local confectionary and eating them
    • Baking together
    • Gardening together
    • Climbing a tree and later napping there in each other's arms
    • Sharing funny stories in a meadow

(edited)

The title says it all. What is your idea of a romantic date? My perfect date will probably never happen, well, because it's perfect.

That having been said, my idea is a picnic on a summer evening, first at sunset, then under the stars... Or perhaps on a roof, also under the stars. My dream dates often involve Luna's beautiful night.

Edited by Lady~Rarity
  • Brohoof 3

Going out dancing at a club or something along those lines! I'm a dancer at heart, I cannot lie, and I'd love to share a moment like that with a date. Then after just chilling, talking at a restaurant or the like while we relax our feet. For me romance is in the silly stupid moments, not anything grandiose.

• Brohoof 1

I have no dating expirence. whatsoever. Now a dream date. Ah, a special dinner, a pokemon battle, a kiss, a movie, another pokemon battle, connect on animal crossing, take his cherries from his town, Have him roast marshmellows with me, streetpass me..

• Brohoof 4

I don't have an ounce of romance in my blood. I have the courtesy to buy the food, holds the doors, etc. but I couldn't please someone who wanted romance out of the date.

• Brohoof 2

A perfect date would be an intense, philosophical discussion over a nice seafood dinner. Follow that up with an after-dinner coffee at a bookstore, or browsing books in a library! I'm pretty adventurous, right?  :okiedokielokie:

• Brohoof 4

To take her for a walk about our day and experience together.

By then going to a diner or burger joint to relax and eat.

Then going to the beach to watch the waves and sunset.

Hen walking home with her by giving her a hug and kiss.

Wow, I'm quite the romantic for an asexual am I?

• Brohoof 2

I can't think of much better than a picnic under the stars... I have no experience and realistically, the mosquitoes would be buggers, but the idea is really appealing. Especially if it's out at the farm, that would be really nice.

• Brohoof 1

relax somewhere with a real fireplace. ideally in a wood cabin on a snowy mountain. the sound of snow and the crackle of a fire. So relaxing. Also  a great moment to snuggle with said date. XD

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Ah a nice calm picnic under the stars sound lovely. Then we just relax laying there on the blanket. Maybe a cuddle heheh. I kiss would be nice too... but ya know baby steps and all heh.

Edited by AnonBrony
  • Brohoof 1

If I'm ever taken on a date (I'm looking at you, @Kyoshi), I don't think I'd be that picky but I have few things I'd like to try:

• Classic candlelit dinner at home or at a restaurant,
  • Go to the beach for a walk and just lie on the sand together for ages
  • Sit on the couch and play video games together with a bottle of Pinot Grigio

Those are just three examples :)

• Brohoof 1

In all seriousness, the most romantic date I've ever been on was when I surprised my (now ex-)fiancee with a dinner at the Kent Falls State Park here in Connecticut. It's a steep climb, up a small mountain-ish thing (too big to be called a hill, but not quite mountainy enough to be a mountain). Anyways, there's a nice pool about halfway up at the bottom of one of the larger waterfalls, where we liked to go a lot. There was a big flat expanse of rock next to the pool, so I paid some friends to sneak there a few minutes ahead of us with the table, chairs, food, and drinks and leave them all set up for us to stumble upon. 

• Brohoof 2

A picnic under the stars sounds really romantic; I would love to do that with my boyfriend. ;) 

I also think that taking a nice long walk along the beach would be nice, but I also wouldn't mind just hanging out at home and watching a movie.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Having had Celestia-awful past relationships, I can say that I have honestly yet to have my absolute perfect date with any of my ex's.

It needs to include coffee/tea, a cartoon marathon and snuggling, LOTS of the snuggling.  :okiedokielokie:

Edited by Cherry Top
  • Brohoof 1

Somehow I get the feeling that Lady Rarity should provide more poll options. And by that I mean continue to provide me us we good date ideas.

Haha, if you really like the ideas so much, I'll add a couple more.

• Brohoof 1

My last date: Invite my girlfriend at home, spend the day in the pool. But forgot sunscreen! Then get out of the pool, realize my skin is crimson (my skin is very very very pale, so it burnz like shizz, and it hurts mor for me than for others) Then spend the rest of the day raging in agony, while my girlfriend watch tv.

I want something different next time. I like classic stuff, so we'll see!

• Brohoof 2