Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Wednesday (2022)

Props Valroa

On 2023-01-31 at 10:13 PM, Props ValRoa said:

Has anybody else looked into it? Has anybody else watched it?

Yes!  I really liked Wednesday and I know @Emerald Heartdoes, too! :pinkie:

I also wonder if @cuteycindyhoney has watched Wednesday yet since she's always recommending "kooky" shows for me to watch. 

• Brohoof 1

It was okay and still enjoyed it since I like the Addams Family and Tim Burton’s . The only issues I have is why is most of the guy characters (except for eugene) is so dry? Not sure whether it’s the acting skills itself or their character is just poorly written? While I like the main villain, I wish his characters should be written better. But overall the rate for it is 7.5/10 and love the dark humors and aspects without trying it too hard to be “dark and morbid”. And  I love Wednesday so much! Such a great character and Janna did a great justice on her. The soundtracks is sooo good and I’m happy to hear another musical piece from Danny Elman! 

Can’t wait for season 2! 
B7D3EE67-83A7-4096-AA06-F3B0DF67F65D.gif.1d5811d86646477cf61408b8beaa3b5f.gif

• Brohoof 2

I started watching it and liked the first half episode. Then the writing fizzled and tossed out all it's integrity so it could fill all the board room check boxes imposed by the studios. From that point onward I disliked it and deleted it from my watchlist. Too bad nothing can ever be done for the sake of quality fun entertainment without adding the inevitable personal hang-ups of the writers, directors and studios. 

Wednesday was the first show of 2023 I banged in a 3-day point. I found the writing to be on top, love the dry wit and Enid and Wesday are something I could ship or see as very close friends who love the other for who they are.   Some of the twists and turns kept me watching and the growth we see on not only Wednesday but the side cannons with a treat!  :derp:

• Brohoof 1

13 minutes ago, Tao said:

Wednesday was the first show of 2023 I banged in a 3-day point. I found the writing to be on top, love the dry wit and Enid and Wesday are something I could ship or see as very close friends who love the other for who they are.   Some of the twists and turns kept me watching and the growth we see on not only Wednesday but the side cannons with a treat!  :derp:

Yeah exactly, I loved it so much! Enid is very enjoyable!

• Brohoof 2

On 2/11/2023 at 12:57 AM, LassAmy said:

Can't wait for season 2! I hate all the cracking down on password sharing that Netflix has been doing lately but I have my own account anyways.

So how does netflix know if you're sharing passwords? We all need to know how to beat the system.

I have watched the show and really liked it. Surprisingly (for new TV shows or movies) I found not too much politics in it, which was great. The actress who played Wednesday did really well (and it does not hurt that she's attractive). I am looking forward to Season 2, but I hope it has less romance than Season 1.

On 2023-02-16 at 6:00 PM, Fluttershutter said:

So how does netflix know if you're sharing passwords? We all need to know how to beat the system.

There are multiple ways to detect it, for example (I do not know if Netflix uses any of these methods, I do not work there):
1. Is the user logged in from different IP addresses? If you share a password with your family members who live with you, you most likely have the same public IP address, however if you share your password with someone who lives elsewhere, now you have two IPs. Bonus points if the other person lives far away. You have a different IP when you use mobile data, but Netflix can probably tell that it is the same device.

2. Is the user watching two shows on different devices at the same time? I do not know if Netflix even allows that, but it can easily limit one account to one show at a time and make password sharing much more inconvenient.

3. Is the pattern of what the user watches different on different devices? I can use my account on multiple devices, but I'd probably be watching the same stuff on the device that is most convenient for me right now. However, if device 1 is used to watch detective shows almost exclusively, while device 2 is used to watch romantic shows almost exclusively, then it may be that two different people use these devices.

On 2/20/2023 at 11:51 PM, Emerald Heart said:

RIGHT?!

IT WAS TO DIE FOR!

INDEED! :ticking: Season 2 can't get here fast enough~

On 2/20/2023 at 5:05 AM, Pentium100 said:

I have watched the show and really liked it. Surprisingly (for new TV shows or movies) I found not too much politics in it, which was great. The actress who played Wednesday did really well (and it does not hurt that she's attractive). I am looking forward to Season 2, but I hope it has less romance than Season 1.

There are multiple ways to detect it, for example (I do not know if Netflix uses any of these methods, I do not work there):
1. Is the user logged in from different IP addresses? If you share a password with your family members who live with you, you most likely have the same public IP address, however if you share your password with someone who lives elsewhere, now you have two IPs. Bonus points if the other person lives far away. You have a different IP when you use mobile data, but Netflix can probably tell that it is the same device.

2. Is the user watching two shows on different devices at the same time? I do not know if Netflix even allows that, but it can easily limit one account to one show at a time and make password sharing much more inconvenient.

3. Is the pattern of what the user watches different on different devices? I can use my account on multiple devices, but I'd probably be watching the same stuff on the device that is most convenient for me right now. However, if device 1 is used to watch detective shows almost exclusively, while device 2 is used to watch romantic shows almost exclusively, then it may be that two different people use these devices.

I heard it has something to do with being registered to a specific Wifi signal or a specific device.
If you are the owner of the account and you want to watch your account on the go, I heard you can contact Netflix customer support and get the clearance for it, but it'll only last a few days. They really want you to pay if you're going to be using one account on multiple devices or wifi signals.

Of course, I heard that this change might be illegal in some countries. So we'll see how long Netflix wants to keep this up. I honestly don't have any faith that Netflix will stick with this plan in the long term. I honestly believe it'll hurt their business too much, and they'll have to go back to their old ways if they want to get their customers back.

Which is funny, because making customers pay to use the same account in multiple locations is easily the worst idea they could have come up with. They could have implemented security alerts, automatically block people from using your account if you (the account holder) don't grant access, give account holders an account setting that limits how many devices can use their account, etc. There was MANY things they could have done besides making people pay extra to use their account wherever they want.

Edited by Samurai Equine

@Samurai Equine

Apparently Wednesday was supposed to end up with one of the love interests but the actress (Jenna Ortega) said no.

Jenna and Emma Myers (Enid Sinclair) have an ongoing joke that Wednesday and Enid are gay for each other.

Jenna was asked who she thought the stalker was and she said "I don't know. Maybe it's Enid because she's so in love with Wednesday."

To quote Emma: "And they were roommates."

• Brohoof 2

Hahaha “and they were roommates.” ^_^

31 minutes ago, Emerald Heart said:

@Samurai Equine

Apparently Wednesday was supposed to end up with one of the love interests but the actress (Jenna Ortega) said no.

Jenna and Emma Myers (Enid Sinclair) have an ongoing joke that Wednesday and Enid are gay for each other.

Jenna was asked who she thought the stalker was and she said "I don't know. Maybe it's Enid because she's so in love with Wednesday."

To quote Emma: "And they were roommates."

• Brohoof 1