Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Guilty Pleasures (music)

sirseansy

A guilty pleasure (as I see it) is something that you like that goes against your general taste. Something you normally wouldn't like.

I have a few. The caramelldansen song is my musical guilty pleasure.

What's yours?

Probably the only music artist that I've been a tad embarrassed to admit to liking was Lady Gaga. Normally I dislike all radio-playable pop music, but Gaga's music had just enough dark synths and strange undertones that I was able to enjoy it.

Luckily, her followup album was trash, and I was able to stop calling myself a fan, while I still had my sanity. :lol:

Disco and I'm not saying it's all bad. It's just that in between those great songs, you'd more than likely hear something along the lines of "Disco Duck"

I cannot fathom listening to any pop song ever even thought of possibly being put on the radio. But this song is amazing and if you disagree I don't like you anymore.

Also, I HATE Fall Out Boy yet I am attracted to their music. Especially their most pop influenced album, Folie a Deux. Da hell?

And lastly, I hate Nickelback but their lead singer is awesome in this song:

And lastly, I hate Nickelback but their lead singer is awesome in this song:

Perhaps if their lyrics weren't so bland than maybe they could become something more, y'know. I mean from a technical standpoint there is absolutely nothing that marks them as one of those bands.

I love Nicki Minaj's pop half of Roman Reloaded. It's a guilty pleasure because... well, it's Nicki Minaj! xD However, Marilyn Monroe ISN'T a bad song at all, probably the best on the album lyrically and vocally. However, her singing isn't that strong to begin with, so...

Still, she's a guilty pleasure of mine. ;P