Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your thoughts on this?

Naknak

I know this is kind of awkward for a first post, and I'm really sorry if this angers you all..... but some stuff has been going down and I wanna get the opinions of my fellow bronies. I think this is the right place to post this, since this is the place to talk about community stuff and things not exactly related to the series itself. :(

I don't know if you guys are familiar with tumblr "ask blogs", but for those who aren't, its basically where people roleplay a character and answer questions people ask them, many involve art the owner has drawn. There are a lot for MLP canon and noncanon characters, and many for OC ponies that are very popular!

My very, very good and kind friend and fellow brony/pegasister wanted to make an askblog to help bronies who are emotionally troubled. So she made an askblog for her ponysona, who is a therapist. The only problem is that she can't draw, not only is she bad, but her hands shake terribly. So she uses Generalzoi's ponymaker (I assume many of you are familiar with this) to make reaction images to which she will use in response to questions seeking advice along with actual words advising them, now keep in mind she did not claim the art was hers, she gave full credit to Generalzoi and claimed that the only thing that was hers was the concept of the character.

But the thing is many people have been coming to her askbox, anonymous or not, and harassing her saying that her askblog is "shit" because it lacks art, insulting her as a person as well, and its been upsetting her because their words have even driven her to tears.

Basically what I'm trying to ask you guys is: Do you really consider it shit if there's no hand drawn art? I'm sorry if this is upsetting you all, but I want my friend to know that not all bronies will bite her head off for running such a blog....

Again I'm sorry if I am being a nuisance to you all, I just don't know where else to get an opinion of this :(

*prepares to flee forums*

Many people are under the false assumption that tumblr (and ask blogs) must be accompanied by art.

That is not the point of the website and it is simply a common trait that many ask blogs feature art.

That said, it could been simply deemed a courtesy that she has bothered to accompany posts with some sort of visual content (besides that of text).

Furthermore, it is not anyone's business how she runs her ask blog ... it is HER ask blog. Not theirs.

In conclusion, anyone harassing her for something like that is NOT a true fan of the show (lack of lessons learned in the show) and should not be taken seriously.

• Brohoof 5

I think that's messed up that people are insulting her like that. She seems like a nice person :)

Well, another thing is that there is apparently another askblog for advice. I believe it was called "Ask Pinkie Pie: Solutions"?

People have been telling her that since that blog exists, she should just quit tumblr all together.

Well, another thing is that there is apparently another askblog for advice. I believe it was called "Ask Pinkie Pie: Solutions"?

People have been telling her that since that blog exists, she should just quit tumblr all together.

That's silly.

Just like saying "Well Samsung, there is already a company out there named Sony that sells TVs. You should just quit." Makes no sense.

• Brohoof 3

Sorry if I'm late to join the party here. Basically all I can say is what they have already told. Art is not needed. If anything, even the ponies made in the pony maker flash game are a bonus. (also, of I may ask, what is her tumblr name? I'd like to follow if I may ^_^)

No this is totally redicilious to react like that on someone who can't draw. It's a disrespect to the person who is there mainly not to show off pony maker OC but to help people. If those who are harassing her want an art they can go to Deviant art and watch it there, an askblog isn't meant to show off an art but to Ask.
  • Brohoof 1

people hate on ask blogs all the time, especially the ones trying to offer help, usually it's people saying why would they ahve the right to help etc etc etc, art's just an excuse they use, it's hard to be a help blog, really hard.

(edited)

Sorry if I'm late to join the party here. Basically all I can say is what they have already told. Art is not needed. If anything, even the ponies made in the pony maker flash game are a bonus. (also, of I may ask, what is her tumblr name? I'd like to follow if I may ^_^)

Ah, of course you may. Here it is:

http://ask-mimi-mendheart.tumblr.com/

Also, i have shown her this thread, she sends everypony here her thanks and appreciation. Its odd how she seems so amazed that people like her. ;)

Edited by Naknak
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I agree with Strife, anypony harassing her should NOT be taken seriously. It saddens me to know that there are people out there bringing tears to those with kind heart's much like your dear friend.

Edited by Rainbow-Crash
  • Brohoof 1

Ah, of course you may. Here it is:

http://ask-mimi-mendheart.tumblr.com/

Also, i have shown her this thread, she sends everypony here her thanks and appreciation. Its odd how she seems so amazed that people like her. ;)

I am liking her tumblr a lot. :3 I've looked at a page and a half, and she's quite good at giving advice it seems from what little I saw. ^_^

>Therapist

>Cries from trolls

Maybe she's not the best one to be a therapist. (Did that come off as rude? I hope not. I've got no other way to word it.)

But the blog looks fine, and they had no excuse to behave like that.

(edited)

Those bastards! They should be happy they get an image at all! It's not about the art it's about the words! And complaining about a blog based on a subject like that, no less, that is some nerve they've got...

Edited by Swordfishtrombone

>Therapist

>Cries from trolls

Maybe she's not the best one to be a therapist. (Did that come off as rude? I hope not. I've got no other way to word it.)

Even strong people can be hurt at times. Everyone has weak moments, yes? And Even if it's not a weak moment, if enough people say the same negative thing you begin to question yourself. And then the weak moment comes if it wasn't already there. (and on a sadder note: that is how most suicides are caused now.) but, I've don't want to get into that stuff because I'll type forever, and I need sleep.

>Therapist

>Cries from trolls

She herself is not a therapist, her Pony OC is. The owner as a person cried from the hate mainly because she has a lot of stress on her right now as it is, but she still runs the blog to give advice to her fellow bronies.