Why do all the dragons love Rarity?

Shankveld

We've all known since episode 1 that Spike as a thing for Rarity,

but as I was re-watching the episode in season 1 I noticed that in the episode Dragonshy,

the red dragon they encounter, also has a little infatuation with her too. :o

If you re-watch the episode Dragonshy at 16:42 (start watching from there)

you can see Rarity encounter the dragon (the scene lasts about 30 seconds)

she butters him up and he is taken in by her.

My question is why do all the dragons in the show have a weird thing for Rarity? :)

Speculation ? :D ~

post-682-0-04202300-1323984205_thumb.jpg

dgpRo.gif

She uses a combination of Gypsy magic and fashion to attract dragons

I think she is just very charming and uses her beauty to her advantage.

• Brohoof 1

2v7x6di.png

LRP's opinions are subject to change without notice. Fees and penalties still apply.

^ Suggestive much? xP

Because Rarity has tons of jewels maybe?

I was going to say something like this. Rarity loves jewels, dragons love jewels, must be some kind of hidden link. :P

Plus if you pictured the ponies in a human form I'd imagine Rarity as being the most upkeep and thus, most beautiful. Maybe.

• Brohoof 1

50fhao.jpg

Because Rarity has tons of jewels maybe?

The gems on dat flank.

Actually maybe the dragons do in fact see her as some sort of Jewel.

2v7x6di.png

LRP's opinions are subject to change without notice. Fees and penalties still apply.

I agree with the Idea's surrounding the topic of jewels, it seems like even though she buttered up in the scene from Dragonshy, Dragons in general still share a common attraction to thinks beautiful

• Brohoof 1

Awesomeness = at least 20% Cooler.

In that I don't think it's nearly the same thing as Spike. In Dragonshy Rarity flatters him, she specifically uses her charm and ability to compliment someone based on their beauty to flatter him and get on his good side. Her downfall was the whole thing about the gems and saying she'd take care of them. The dragon in Dragonshy was basically taking a compliment because Rarity knew how to please him, with Spike it's an entirely different deal because he has a genuine crush.

Dragonshy had no form of attraction whatsoever to Rarity, he was merely pleased by what she was saying about him.

• Brohoof 1

I agree with the Idea's surrounding the topic of jewels, it seems like even though she buttered up in the scene from Dragonshy, Dragons in general still share a common attraction to thinks beautiful

Reminds me a lot of King Kong.

Anyone else?

2v7x6di.png

Reminds me a lot of King Kong. Anyone else?

Never thought of drawing that connection between the two, outside of the ep discussion on Episode 10, the dragons do seems to posses’ similar qualities.

Awesomeness = at least 20% Cooler.

Dragons are known to covet beautiful objects, it only stands to reason that their obsession also extends to beautiful ponies. :D

Oh Krall, Rarity is the greatest jewel out there :wub:
  • Brohoof 1

2v7x6di.png

Rarity can find gemstones.

Dragons like gemstones.

In all seriousness though, like others have suggested before me, I think that it's just because she takes care of her appearance and is supposed to be "the" beautiful pony of the bunch. I think it's just a coincidence that two dragons were attracted to her. I'm sure there's at least one non-dragon in one episode that got a little infatuated with her for some time. I can't think of one in particular, but I'm sure it happened.

• 3 years later...