What's your pet peeve?

Tom The Diamond

Welcome to the Things That Annoy You thread!

Has something annoyed you today?

Would you like to share it with others?

Well you've come to the right place! The TTAY thread is the perfect place to let that annoyance off your chest.

~~Rules~~

It may not be fun, but every place has to have rules. We only have a couple in place.

No direct callouts (i.e people's names, usernames on mlpforums etc)

No whinging if you get featured here but not directly.

No spamming with offtopic stuff.

Well what are you waiting for? Get sharing!

Edited by dotgif
  • Brohoof 1

Ok, everyone is thinking it.

Haters. I don't need to explain why here, if you are a brony, you know. I just don't understand them.

• Brohoof 1

I believe there's a similar thread to this but what the heck lol 

The thing that I see a lot of people do that irks the crap outta me is brand loyalty.

I don't care if you prefer Xbox or PlayStation (I'm a PC gamer), AMD or NVIDIA, Android or Apple or Windows, and stuff like that. Get what suits your needs and desires and don't push it on anyone else. If you talk down on someone because of their choice on buying a certain brand, then you've lost a lot of respect from me. Simple as that. 

Edited by Jean Valjean
  • Brohoof 7

My French teacher is really quite harsh. Basically, vocab tests with him go like this:

Learn a huge table full of vocab, from which 50 random words will be selected for the test. If you don't get at least 75% on the test you have to redo it in your own time.

No other teacher I have for any topic has this 75% rule.

• Brohoof 1

My French teacher is really quite harsh.

Is strict/mean French teachers an international thing? Mine is extremely uptight, getting the translation for a word wrong can potentially earn you a detention.

Well, today, I gave a friend of mine some of my books to read. Although, she had gone ahead and read all the important plot points in the series, essentially spoiling the story for herself. 

It just really ticked me off for some reason, more than it should've. 

• Brohoof 1

LAG.

Let me tell you, nothing rustles my jimmies more than a few minutes of lag.

It's crazy, I tell you. CRAZY!

Yes, this 110%, lag always manages to get a sigh out of me even if it's only for a second..

Like, in general, I just get peeved with inanimate objects in a way I can't with other people for some reason. When things break down for me, vitriolic cussing is sure to result.

• Brohoof 1

When someone is breathing heavily on a silent room,and it's evident that the person doesn't have any respiratory problem

Is just that...i know it's stupid,but i would like to go to his side and say

"Come on!!!Breathe correctly!!!"

:okiedokielokie:

Edited by Lightwing

There's a lot of things that annoy me, so I'll only list some major ones

• When people ask me the same question over and over as if I'll give them a different reply. The reply I gave is the only reply I have so leave me alone!
  • When people make fun of others for their interests. Unless your interests are pedophilia and bestiality, you shouldn't be bothered for them
  • When people brag to you about anything. Be it their belongings, their friends, their significant others...Like, yeah, I'm glad you're happy and all but it gets to a point where you're clearly trying to make others feel bad

There's more, but I don't think it's necessary to go on haha

• Brohoof 1

Oh jeeze, you unleashed a rant.

DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE EASILY OFFENDED!

1. Children (particularly ages 1-6).

Children annoy me because of their sheer stupidity and obliviousness.

I know that they don't know much, but THAT is what exactly annoys me!

For example, a child is going to jump off the couch. He jumps off and hits his arm and starts crying and wonders what went wrong.

OH JEE, I DON'T KNOW. MAYBE YOU JUMPED OFF THE COUCH ONTO TILE FLOOR, YOU IDIOT.

I just can't stand how incredibly stupid they are.

The stupidity alone annoys me beyond no return.

2. People who take things way too seriously in this fandom.

For example, I commented on the video "Smile HD" and said it was a funny video.

Then, someone replied to my comment telling me I was heartless and had no soul.

Um.. Relax, hun. THEY'RE CARTOON CHARACTERS. THEY CAN'T FEEL.

3. People who text me non-stop.

If I don't answer a text and someone keeps texting me saying: "You there?" "Hello?".

SHUT UP.

4. When people pass me while i'm driving.

I'M GOING THE SPEED LIMIT! HELL, I'M GOING 5 OVER! 

Where do you have to be in such a hurry? I HOPE YOU GET INTO AN ACCIDENT.

5. When YouTube videos take forever to load.

• Brohoof 9

Oh jeeze, you unleashed a rant.

DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE EASILY OFFENDED!

1. Children (particularly ages 1-6).

Children annoy me because of their sheer stupidity and obliviousness.

I know that they don't know much, but THAT is what exactly annoys me!

For example, a child is going to jump off the couch. He jumps off and hits his arm and starts crying and wonders what went wrong.

OH JEE, I DON'T KNOW. MAYBE YOU JUMPED OFF THE COUCH ONTO TILE FLOOR, YOU IDIOT.

I just can't stand how incredibly stupid they are.

The stupidity alone annoys me beyond no return.

2. People who take things way too seriously in this fandom.

For example, I commented on the video "Smile HD" and said it was a funny video.

Then, someone replied to my comment telling me I was heartless and had no soul.

Um.. Relax, hun. THEY'RE CARTOON CHARACTERS. THEY CAN'T FEEL.

3. People who text me non-stop.

If I don't answer a text and someone keeps texting me saying: "You there?" "Hello?".

SHUT UP.

4. When people pass me while i'm driving.

I'M GOING THE SPEED LIMIT! HELL, I'M GOING 5 OVER! 

Where do you have to be in such a hurry? I HOPE YOU GET INTO AN ACCIDENT.

5. When YouTube videos take forever to load.

^ This right here, this is brilliant :P

• Brohoof 1

Aha thanks xD

I just... AHHH they make me so mad.

Nah I understand completely. I can't stand kids full-stop, I don't like how everyone on YouTube is so self-righteous, I almost never text anyone for that same reason AND I hate it when both motorists and cyclists show a blatant disregard for public safety just because they're in a little bit of a hurry -_-

• Brohoof 2

Nah I understand completely. I can't stand kids full-stop, I don't like how everyone on YouTube is so self-righteous, I almost never text anyone for that same reason AND I hate it when both motorists and cyclists show a blatant disregard for public safety just because they're in a little bit of a hurry -_-

Kudos to you.

You are officially awesome.

• Brohoof 1

@,

What an adorable signature! Me gusta mucho :D

OT: Uh... there's lots of things that come to mind, but they'd be too long to list. I just viewed a topic about Applejack's key, so I guess...

When people think that's all there is to AJ. Apples. Please don't be close-minded and try to look into a character more than what they enjoy or do for a living. Like her family, for instance.

• Brohoof 2

• People who repeat themselves. (Watch the video about the Atlanta mall cop who tased some lady, and you'll know what I mean. She called the cop a "p*ssy a$$ b!tch at least 6 or 7 times in a row. In front of her kids too. Such lewd language!) So yeah, not just mentioning the same thing once or twice. I mean literally saying the exact same thing at least 5 times in a row.
  • Hypocrites. I live with somebody who does hypocritical thins on a daily basis. They'll always change their mind on stuff, and they deny things they said in the past. It drives me so damn crazy.

Sorry for the lengthy explanations. It's just that last time I said these things bothered me I offended some people, so I thought I'd give a pre-emptive explanation.

• The ground microscopic cereal/potato chip fragments at the bottom of the bag.

Microwave not cooking the center of my food

People who drive 61 miles an hour in a zone where the limit is 65.

People who party late on a Tuesday night. Why Tuesday? Why not Friday or Saturday?

Those people who have stereo systems that have ridiculous bass but do nothing in the way of the mid-range or treble. 

When my internet goes down. I'm not paying you guys $30/month to NOT give me internet.

Bronies. You guys watch that little girls' show?!

(P.S. I was kidding on that previous line)

Kids who intentionally break their phones so their parents will buy them a new one. I didn't get my first phone til I was 16, and when I ran it over with a truck on total accident, my parents made me use the broken phone because (by a miracle) it still worked and I used it for a year and a half after it happened

People who use their phones while driving. I don't mind seeing people talking on them. I talk all the time. But I never dial a number or read a text at 70 miles an hour. It's not just dangerous. It's downright stupid. 

Android no longer supports flash and that bugs the crap out of me. 

When someone leaves a light turned on. Why would you light a room you aren't in?