What's your pet peeve?

Tom The Diamond

Careless and common spelling, word usage and pronunciation errors. I know it shouldn't matter to me, but it does. I get mad at myself if I make one, and it drives me crazy when others do. I really have to restrain myself from correcting people sometimes. I don't intend it in a condescending way, but I know it can come off like that. My friends have mostly gotten to the point where they don't mind thankfully ^^;

My number one most annoying one is people using the word rouge instead of rogue. If I see that in a forum topic, fanfic, or anything similar, I usually just leave right then, because of how much it annoys me. I'm neurotic, I guess, but I've learnt to live with it :D

I wouldn't read many of my post's then, I'm your worst nightmare! ><

Whenever people bother me while I'm doing something. I try not to get annoyed, but that is the one thing that drives me mad.

• Brohoof 1

Flutters_and_Dash.png

(edited)

When people say "could care less" that means you do care damnit!

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=om7O0MFkmpw

Have you seen this? It addresses this nicely. ;)

I wouldn't read many of my post's then, I'm your worst nightmare! ><

That should be posts, not post's :P Edited by mintfreshAD

If you're happy and you know it you're unusual.

But that doesn't mean it's not worth trying~

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=om7O0MFkmpw

Have you seen this? It addresses this nicely. ;)

That should be posts, not post's :P

This is exactly what I've been trying to tell people. XD

6Cbrv.gif

Brushing your hair is for people who care and someone who cares is not I, I'll jump off a bridge and then fill up your fridge,
and best pony is Fluttershy.

Her face is still blushing and she is still eating the pasta.

"on the internet;everyone are strong"- Guy on Youtube.

(edited)

When I'm trying to watch/listen to something and people talk over the top of it. Most of the time I just turn up the volume and they get the hint ;)

Also, another thing is when I'm halfway through a series/videogame and it gets spoiled. Alot of the time that can't be helped though.

Edited by FL_
  • Brohoof 1

top lel

When I'm installing a new program for my computer and it says that I need to restart the computer to run the program. That makes me mad :P

• Brohoof 2

finishedsig-17.png

Signature made by Midnightive

Exact same peeves as me :o

I also hate when mah mom acts immature. I do it quite a lot, but it really annoys me when mah mom does it http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png

That too -.-

10qdlpl.jpg

"Why, am I not royal enough for you? Don't you know who I am?"

Ooh! Ooh! More guessing games! Um... Pokey Smokes! How about Queen Meanie? No! Black Snooty, Black Snooty!

Two words.

Slow.

Freaking.

Computers.

Wait....buck.

35be43d3544e00464ab762328fec3924_zpsd620432b.jpg

My journey in the fandom started on April 5, 2012. I joined here on April 24, 2012. Where that journey is headed now, who knows...

Hello Bacon!

We already have a thread for folks to talk about what gets on their nerves. Since that was pretty close to your thread, I merged them together. Now all of the things that get on everyone's nerves can be here in the same place. A very convenient collection, I think. :huh:

• Brohoof 2

I am bothered to no end by people being disgusting. Not washing hands, when my friends scratch their nuts, people picking their nose, etc. I am easily disgusted.

post-3011-0-04655200-1342671279.png

My mom telling me to that I should be different and be a unlikable jock.

Is playing an instrument not good enough for you, Mom?

• Brohoof 1

Objection! Hold it! Take that! Gotcha! Eureka!

I like video games and anime.

I am bothered to no end by people being disgusting. Not washing hands, when my friends scratch their nuts, people picking their nose, etc. I am easily disgusted.

But studies show that those who pick their nose are generally happier and more in tune with their bodies than those who don't, you should try it :P.

You know who I hate? People who answer their own questions.

6Cbrv.gif

Brushing your hair is for people who care and someone who cares is not I, I'll jump off a bridge and then fill up your fridge,

But studies show that those who pick their nose are generally happier and more in tune with their bodies than those who don't, you should try it :P.

You know who I hate? People who answer their own questions.

Sure, but that's because normally people who pick their noses are small careless children XD

post-3011-0-04655200-1342671279.png

(edited)

"I'm a 12 year old girl and I LOVE <3 metal music!!11 Thumbs up if you do too!!!"

This Youtube comment.

Edited by Chill Mists (Chilly)
  • Brohoof 2

6Cbrv.gif

"I'm a 12 year old girl and I LOVE <3 metal music!!11 Thumbs up if you do too!!!"

This Youtube comment.

"Hi I'm 14 and I'm sorry what my generation has done to music!"
  • Brohoof 3

top lel

(edited)

"Hi I'm 14 and I'm sorry what my generation has done to music!"

Oh man, this one too. Why should I care what age you are?

Stupid Slipknot fans and stupid Mushroomhead fans arguing about the bands. Both bands are completely different, the only things they have in common are that they both wear masks and are awesome.

Oh! And attacking the testicles. This is cowardly pathetic and disgusting.

Edited by Chill Mists (Chilly)

6Cbrv.gif

(edited)

Adults who act like children, thinking "maturity" equals "hatred against inexperienced/'soft' people, lack of sympathy for those who get offended, insulting whomever doesn't look 'tough' enough".

People who think growing up means losing the ability to feel empathy, and trolling their supposedly "thin-skinned" peers without restraint. That, along with insulting someone for being 'weak', is even more childish than taking offense at the 'slightest' jab.

I also loathe other common mixups, especially those which cause mental harm - such as rationalism being called science.

Too many people in the world use the term "science" to describe their arguments, when they're actually being emotional (aggressiveness towards true scientific arguments, as well as personal hostility towards the minds expressing them, is very common in my experience) and their "reasoning" is nowhere near being rational.

I think it's the way science is taught to the masses: as a bunch of facts to be taken for granted and absolute, rather than a way to seek knowledge and whose methods are still improving. They all think a scientist's job is to FIND answers to everything, but it's really to SEEK them. Something claimed to be able to answer all our questions is called a religion, not science, and that's why I consider rationalism a religion.

On the opposite end, true sceptics, who admit science can't explain certain things, are seen as superstitious freaks.

It's like Muslims being called terrorists, the entire Christianity compared to the crusades, or all Germans being called nazis.

UPDATE: When people think they understand how the human brain works. Think they know what someone thinks, just because the person's outer reaction resembles something they've seen before; or go "you wouldn't understand anyway" and move on from the subject, instead of explaining at least simply once, when they don't know the person.

This has happened with too many people in that hellhole of a forum, YAF. And it happened here, too, with two people I remember.

Edited by Feather Spiral

I take writing commissions.

"Nerds build the world, artists decorate it, warriors protect it, leaders talk everyone into doing their jobs." -me, 3 Nov 2017

"That's not a pie, that's a pastry with an identity crisis!" ~Jeric

What really grinds my gears is when people tap on their desk or other hard surface to the beat of a song, but have no sense of rhythm and sound like complete idiots. I mean if you can't follow or make a beat... don't try it when people are around. Practice at home in your lonesome or something.

755cde9892.png

You'll be entranced by me ♥