Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Bronies' hoofprint on the internet

Krystal

(edited)

Well I typed up a few things into Google and here are my results:

post-5308-0-24354200-1341277303_thumb.jpg

When I search "applejack" on Google images only one result on the first page is the actual applejack's cereal

post-5308-0-11845700-1341278037_thumb.jpg

When I search "big mac" on Google images you'll find Big Macintosh on page 2

post-5308-0-07203900-1341277304.jpg

When I type "big m" big macintosh is the fifth result

post-5308-0-92940000-1341277311.jpg

When I type "flu" fluttershy is the second result

post-5308-0-29227100-1341277319.jpg

When I type "friendship i" friendship is magic is the second result

post-5308-0-32157600-1341277326.jpg

When I search "my" my little pony is the second result

post-5308-0-64232200-1341277748.jpg

When I search "pink" pinkie pie is the tenth result

post-5308-0-60623600-1341277749.jpg

When I search "rar" rarity is the first result

post-5308-0-77586200-1341277750.jpg

When I search "twilight" twilight sparkle is the third result

post-5308-0-09092400-1341783660_thumb.jpg

When I search "drop the bass" you'll find ponies on page 2

post-5308-0-35291400-1344123466_thumb.jpg

On a random search I did for "I think you're doing it wrong" I found Big Mac on page two

post-5308-0-40336700-1344130563_thumb.jpg

On a search I just did for a picture I'm working on. I searched "Slender man vector" and found Slendermane on page two.

As you can see we bronies have left quite an impact on the face of the internet, however there are a few results I found that were suprising:

post-5308-0-22403400-1341278291_thumb.jpg

When I search "friedship" on Google images it's not until page ten that we find any ponies

post-5308-0-50040800-1343802559_thumb.jpg

When I search "spitfire" it's not until page twenty six that we find our beloved wonderbolt

post-5308-0-37431900-1341278384_thumb.jpg

When I search "meme" it's not until page seventeen that we find a pony meme.

And perhaps the most disappointing is that when I search "twilight" on Google images there is no picture of Twilight Sparkle on any of the 417,000,000 results.

Also when I search "Marshmallow" you won't find Rarity anywhere

So what are your thoughts on this? And I'd love to see some more result images like I those I took. I'll also do any search requests you make.

I've also taught Cleverbot what a brony is. But I asked him/it what a brony is recently and it seems he's forgot :(

Edited by Krystal
  • Brohoof 8

The only thing I'm afraid of is that when the future generation googled "ask tumblr" without any safe search on, brix will be shat.

Google search trend changes everytime big happened on the internet though. Search results in ten months from now can be very different.

• Brohoof 1

I believe the proper term, in this case, would be hoofprint.

Ahh you're right. Oh well I can't change the title now :P

And perhaps the most disappointing is that when I search "twilight" on Google images there is no picture of Twilight Sparkle on any of the 417,000,000 results.

Woah! did you actually look through the 417,000,000 results? If so you are very dedicated.
  • Brohoof 1

Woah! did you actually look through the 417,000,000 results? If so you are very dedicated.

Well I scrolled to the bottom of the screen and clicked the load more results button untill I couldn't go any further, so yeah I guess I did go through all the results but I'm not sure, I didn't count or anything :P
  • Brohoof 1

We're expanding, at one point, Twilight Sparkle was searched more on Google than the movie "Twilight".
  • Brohoof 4

I suggest we spam Google by searching "Twilight Sparkle" over and over until it is the first result whenever someone types "T" WHO'S WITH ME!!!!!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

It isn't that surprising, but I guess it could be considered a great accomplishment. A bigger accomplishment would be to keep these "hoofprints" there for a few more years.

Edited by Veiled Enigma

We're expanding, at one point, Twilight Sparkle was searched more on Google than the movie "Twilight".

The sad thing is, we often tag her images with "twilight sparkle" not just "twilight", so it might take another few years for that

Interesting, the fact that 'flu' can give you Fluttershy in particular- sick non-bronies everywhere curious about their disease have the potential to be exposed to her cuteness :o

Ahh you're right. Oh well I can't change the title now :P

Yes you can, just edit the first post you made here and you should have the option. :)
  • Brohoof 1

I searched Ben Drowned and I got around 20 pony images. Like, what? >.<

Oh, and searching Celestia just comes up with planets. I didn't take the time to look for Princess Celestia.

I applaud you sir, for your tremendous efforts in that search area. Truly remarkable. :D

MLP fandom is at an all time high, and getting higher all the time. But I wonder when what is going up, is inevitably coming down. When will be the peak of ponies?

*in contrast to the title*

Posted Image

Anyways, yeah, I'm surprised....well, not surprised at this point, more happy and proud at the progress we've made under the short timespan of....just 2 years. I'm excited to see what more impact we will have on the internet, and what we will do.

• Brohoof 1

Not suprising. We are a relatively large fanbase who has a...let's say tendency to overload anything and everything with ponies. Its only natural that they should be so common. Also, I doubt many other fanbases have as many things searched about it at any given moment, any day.

• 4 weeks later...

Well I googled the word "spitfire" and it isn't all the way until page twenty six that we find our beloved wonderbolt. I suggest we all spam google by searching spitfire over and over right nowpost-5308-0-50040800-1343802559_thumb.jpg

That's very interesting, I never thought it'd be like that. Maybe people forget the show itself and get caught up with the members of it so much?

And that is because Clever bot is a very simple Ai.

WHAT WHO SAID THAT NOT ME NO