Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

So... What's your Christmas going to be like?

Simcity11100

Busy.

We have company over tonight

Tomorrow we will have company again, plus presents.

The day after we have a get together with others and have a feast

The next day I go to my mothers and celebrate Christmas all over again.

And I STILL have a bunch of homework.

• 6 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Like any other Christmas. Get up, hand over presents, get my own presents, somebody makes some bad inside joke about how all our Christmases are the same, leave, drink lots and lots of eggnog, then have rotisserie chicken for dinner a few hours later.

But I kind of like my Christmases just like that, so nobody in my family is really bothered by it. Most of my extended family comes along for Boxing Day instead.

• Brohoof 2

It will be small and most like I will be working,  it will be me and my mom and I will spend some time with some good friends on the side doing things!   We plan to have a nice a steak and veggies and each get to open a gift!  

• Brohoof 1

What I plan for Christmas and what actually ends up happening can be two very different things. Ideally I like to spend it at my parents' house with the immediate families, going to Christmas Vigil Mass, coming home for some very simple dinner (we get turkey the next day, after all), and playing some games around the Christmas tree with eggnog and desserts. Later, I do some surfing through Christmas stuff on TV, and watch the midnight Mass from the Vatican, then stay up the rest of the night with my brother into Christmas Day, playing silly traditional games from our childhood, telling stories and exchanging a couple small gifts before sneaking out to see what Santa left under the tree. At daybreak, everyone convenes for breakfast and opening presents, having turkey around mid-afternoon and collapsing in total exhaustion by early evening. Hopefully no one gets sick or injured right before the big day, and everyone is able to get time off from work.

On 6/2/2018 at 3:52 PM, Buttonmash1973 said:

One of my first Friendship is Magic Merchandise was an FiM Advent Calendar back in 2011.

Cool, I have that one too!

The last few years its just been me and my sister for actual Christmas so we usually wake up and make cinnamon rolls then open gifts and then we eat ham and stuff and watch a Christmas movies.... so pretty boringish. Lol 

Probably just skip it again like we did last year, not much in this house to be thankful for anymore.

I miss doing the decorating and having turkey though, same with watching old holiday movies. Wish now I'd enjoyed those older Christmases more had I known what was coming.

I'll probably be visiting my Aunt's house, along with the rest of the family. We've been doing that every Christmas, for as long as I can remember.

How it is most every year. My grandparents on my dad's side come over to stay with us on Christmas Eve through Christmas Day. Breakfast on Christmas day is usually cinnamon rolls with hot cocoa, then after breakfast we gather around the tree and open presents, of course. Then the rest of the day is spent cooking the Christmas dinner, watching Christmas movies together, drinking egg nog....etc. :raritycutehat: And we usually all go out to eat breakfast someplace the day after. 

Edited by Lucky Bolt

Most likely very by the numbers, if not a little chaotic. Over the past few years I've gone to my mom's place for it all, we have a meal and open presents there. Seems that will be the case this year too. I do look forward to it, but I always have a bit of sadness towards it all because it doesn't quite feel the same anymore.

3 hours ago, Cyclone said:

All wrong. So much about my family Christmas has changed in the last few years and it's just not the same anymore and as a result, I never really get in the Christmas spirit anymore. 

I can fix that.