Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why exactly do some bronies act this way?

Finesthour

(edited)

We've all seen this now.

It's been on this forum for a while now, and it is annoying many of us.

It is also everywhere else, ranging from youtube to deviantArt.

The subject of this thread, my friends, is why some Bronies feel the need to defend our fandom and show so damn bad.

I get it, we're a fandom, we love ponies.

But where exactly does it make calling anyone who hates the show a troll?

Just because someone may comment on a pony video saying ponies suck doesn't mean they are necessarily a troll.

They have different opinions from yours, and that makes them a troll?

I find that to be completely idiotic.

Where did our fandom come to the point to where if we find someone who dislikes our ponies, we attack them with all of our might?

Where did "love and tolerate" go, my friends?

This fandom started off as a loving group of people who enjoyed watching ponies, and made a moral to be kind to anyone and everyone.

I was a brony when bronies first appeared, and I loved it.

Everyone was nice, we all had fun, and we spread our love of tolerance to people.

But then, out of nowhere, corruption arose.

Bronies started insulting anyone and everyone, condemning anyone to death if they even spoke word of hating ponies.

Why, why does this happen?

And now, it is on our forums as well.

People complaining about their friends not liking ponies, and calling them evil.

Yes, opinions are evil now, are they?

Well, look at the double standard there.

Our view of the show is an opinion.

So that would make us evil in our own eyes as well, would it not?

But of course, since it is ponies, it is ok, right?

Wrong. It does not make it alright.

I am tired of the damn intolerance that this fandom is now putting off.

Cloppers, artists, regular bronies, none of these groups inside the fandom are ruining the name of the fandom.

It is the people inside our fandom that believe it is their sworn duty to protect the show against "haters" and fight anyone who goes against their ideas.

I have met many people who dislike the show, and they started off insulting me at first.

I talked to them like a normal human being, and kept my own love for the show behind.

We became friends, and I talked to them about why I like the show, and my annoyance with how the fandom is turning into an immature bunch of brats.

We agreed on this point.

I can see why people are starting to hate bronies because of our vocal region of the fandom, the people who hate anyone who hates our own show.

I will stay with this fandom as long as it stays alive, but my annoyance with these people who try to change every single mind to their own is annoying me.

Anyone ever read Fahrenheit 451?

Every conforming their ideas into one unit to make a perfect society?

That is what people are trying to do with bashing ponies into others heads.

And I'm just sick of it.

I know this was just one long rant, but I just had to get it out.

You all know I love to have my voice heard.

Thank you for reading. And if you are against this thread, by all means, talk to me about it. I don't want to see any rustled jimmies though, we are all human beings.

If this angers you in any way, press that little back button, and make our lives easier.

Thanks.

Crona The Critic

Edited by Crona The Critic
  • Brohoof 14

I think some people religiously defend the show is because they still retain the "fight for what you believe in" mentality

And that calls for insults?

Just because you fight for what you love, doesn't mean violence needs to be involved.

Every fandom has those fans that are just very protective.

Just look at the sonic fandom, it's just something that's there.

I guess it's just a matter of how they feel they should "defend: it.

• Brohoof 1

Ooooh, i've been wanting do do a thread like this for a loooong time now.

Some people can't accept that other may not like what they like, and that makes them the douchbags, in this case the bronies.

But thats how most, if not all fandoms works.

100% agreed. Recently, all of these "Why do people hate bronies?" and "Ways to counter haters" thread have become a huge annoyance. I mean, really. These haters can have opinions, too. Just because they don't like the same things as you doesn't mean you have to annoy the shit out of them until they agree with you.

• Brohoof 2

And that calls for insults?

Just because you fight for what you love, doesn't mean violence needs to be involved.

Your right, it dose not warrant insults, but some people don't know how to defend something with out being offensive

Actually, I feel I should also add in my two cents of not-joking text.

Though I feel most hatred towards the fandom is unwarranted and is a generalisation based on the behaviour of the few derps of the fandom, I see no point in lashing out at those who hate us. The best way to appease them would be to simply ignore their ignorant call-outs or whatever. I've seen the same thing in many fandoms.

Some people might just not like the show, and if that's true then so be it. No use in getting augmentative about that.

I don't care what anyone thinks of the show, it's what they think and they are entitled to their own opinions. I just keep to myself if someone insults the show.

• Brohoof 1

You bring up a valid point that I have seen around as well. Becoming a brony and liking the show was a choice that I made and I did not have forced upon me. It's been fun thinking that I was kind of "unique" for liking ponies and what not. The fandom grows every day though and I think that this rise of zealous action is just due to people getting this idea that you can only be accepted by liking ponies. It's a common human trait to want to share something popular with others. However, it is so wrong to see people resorting to insulting people and basically creating intolerance just to defend a show about colorful cartoon ponies. It's ludicrous, really.

As for me, I will stay away from this kind of behavior. I don't think that I have ever tried to forcefully get someone to watch the show. If they want to see it. Cool whatever. But, if not then you can just leave it at that and move on with life.

Ponies are not worth acting like complete douchebags to people, my friends.

120% agreement. Just because someone doesn't like what we like doesn't mean that we deserve to text-rape them. Just because they vocalize their distaste doesn't warrant a response like this either. I bet every last one of you is vocal about an opinion of yours that is not what most of society thinks. Do you get people yelling and screaming at you about how your stupid and should conform? No, you don't. Honestly, this community is getting alot like some spoiled brat. We keep spoonfeeding more and more of this outward hatred towards others who dislike it and others think its ok to follow. It's a show, not your whole damn life worth defending like it's your own fanily or something.

People do not have to like this show; in fact, they can hate it to no end. But as long as people take the time to understand and respect where the fans are coming from, that's good enough for me and should be good enough for everyone

To be honest, I don't see this type of behavior anywhere except youtube comments. And that's... well, that's youtube. Irrational behavior and hyperbole is the standard over there. And it's disgusting to see arguments such as you've described go on there.

I'd LOVE to see a psychological study on why many youtube commenters, for all outward appearances, seem to be the dumbest bolts this planet has to offer. I swear, the moment most people begin to type a comment into youtube, their IQ drops like Scootaloo trying to fly.

• Brohoof 3

Hmm....I was wondering when somebody was gonna complain about this sorta thing. :3 I actually was like that in the first few months I started watching the show. I just wanted to protect the show I love so much from people who despise it. But over time I started realizing that there will always be somebody who dislikes something that a large group of people love. To me, I just go "Meh; Whatever." (: I don't care if I am shunned by people who don't like this show. It's what I like and it's not gonna change. <3

• Brohoof 1

Actually, most people who openly admit to hating the show are in fact trolls (keep in mind i said "most").

They are aware that bronyism has such a strong cult following that it's more than likely that if they comment on disliking ponies, they'll get a negative reaction.

It's just that most bronies forget the saying "don't feed the parasprites", and react to them.

Also, i;ve met people who claim to hate the show too... they ARE assholes. One of them's homophobic, the other treats me like his bitch, another one is a massive IRL troll, and so on.

Also, bronyism is essentially its own religion now. So some REALLY hardcore bronies see trolling as a form of racism, and we all know what happens when the world turns racist, right?

If we're hating on the haters, telling them to back off, saying they're the trolls, aren't we technically the haters? O.O

And besides guys and gals, does ANY of this 'attacking the haters, we must be perfect' crap give any MORE reason to join the forums or even watch the show, when we want to have everyone be a brony, it's acting like a dictator basically.

'Bronies are like the cancer of the internet.' Apparently some bronies want that to be changed to 'Bronies are the dictators of the internet.'

Ah yes this is a topic I do have strong feelings for.

I've stated before that the Brony fandom is arguably one of the worst fandoms when it comes to opposition (at least in my experience).

I've seen some widely immature and dumb anti-Brony posts in my day, but what is normally more bafflingly stupid is the defense posts.

I think most Bronies just have to take a break and try to learn how to deal with opposition, the correct way.

---

Reminds me of an interesting debate I was in over tumblr a while back.

In the Brony tag there was a guy who made a rather gruesome image of someone massacring Ponies with a chainsaw saying "DIE BRONIES DIE" with the subtlety of a professional wrestler. They guy said something along the line of "Bronies suck!".

Of course, being in the #Brony tag, it had its fair share of replies and all hate messages. I decided to do something that may seem unthinkable to most Bronies.

I helped to defend the hater!

After all, the "hater" was pretty savage himself, but compared to the attacks on him, he seemed almost innocent.

I made it clear that I was in fact a Brony (to establish common ground with the other Bronies). And I simply stated that the show is not for everyone. THE SHOW IS NOT FOR EVERYONE!

So I eventually got a reply from the "Hater" which said nothing short of "huhuh Bronies suck and you suck!" as I expected, but then I replied back, "Well we'll all have different opinions. Nice work on that drawing though. Hilarious actually. And thanks for not Anon spamming me! I appreciate someone who shows their face."

He then oddly replied something like "I don't anon. Anon is for pussies, like those other pussy Bronies. You actually are alright though."

We parted ways, but I do take pride in how I handled that situation.

• Brohoof 3

Why must people debate this ad nauseam? Just do what you want, as long as it's not hurting anyone, why should you care what some random Youtuber/anon thinks of you?

There was a thread made by a certain someone having to do with Christians and their thought on MLP. Which is this http://mlpforums.com/topic/23618-mlp-forums-counterpart/

We highly suggest that you read this topic and see what you think about it.

Our Queen was very sad, and disappointed in the way the community acted in this manner. Only a select few acted so well in this thread and we are very happy to see that.

Where did "love and tolerate" go, my friends?

Why is it when I make anger rant threads, everyone always agrees with me?

xD

Don't be surprised. People will agree with someone when someone gives out something that makes sense and talk about how "someone should've made this thread a long time ago" when they should've made this sort of thread a long time ago and had this sort of thing already dealt with and let other Bronies know that their current attitude is unacceptable and just outright despicable.