Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

• 2 months later...

Hmmm. My main beef is the mysterious mare-do-well. I feel like the way the mane cast handled the situation was terrible. I would think that they'd create a superhero that RD would admire and strive to be more like and thus, stop her self praising. What they did is just insulting. This is only my opinion though. I'm interested in what others have to say.

• Brohoof 1

Hmm I wasn't a fan of Power Ponies which is odd because it combines 2 of my favourite things, I can't explain why but for some reason its the first that came to mind :S

Baby Cakes is another, I love Pinkie Pie but I just found this one a tad boring (sowwy :blush: )

Putting Your Hoof Down...I hate this episode it's a bad episode...Fluttershy was out of character and up untill that point did not have a BUCKING hairtrigger temper...I'm just so angry at this episode,It couldve been a good one,but after Angel slapped her i knew it was all down hill

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Feeling Pinkie Keen made me seriously pissed the first time I watched it (probably overreacted a bit)

I need to watch that again to see if I still dislike it. I think I just got all butt hurt over the moral, which, isn't necessarily religous, especially given the context in the show.

Episodes I particularly dislike at the moment are:

Putting Your Hoof Down

Dragon Quest

Boast Busters

Spike At Your Service

Rainbow Falls

Update: Just watched Feeling Pinkie Keen. Awesome episode. Not even kidding. Might be my favorite episode of season one now. Boy how a few months can change your view of something :D

Edited by LZRD WZRD
  • Brohoof 2

Mysterious Mare Do Well- This episode made me really dislike Rainbow Dash.  Other than that, it was just kinda of boring.

Bats- The only reason I didn't like this one was because of Applejack.  She was being very selfish.  Fluttershy, her friend and animal expert, was offering her very good advice that would have helped out the bats and Applejack, but Applejack only cared about the short term solution and completely brushed her friend and any logic aside.  

Power Ponies- Aside from Flutterhulk, this episode was just really boring to me.  I'm just not into the whole comic book superhero thing.  But the end made me laugh more than any episode ever had before, so I guess I can't HATE this episode.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Magical Mystery Cure (only episode of the show I dislike): Awful, awful end.

Spike at your Servce: Because of Spike's behavior

Griffon the Brush Off: Because of Gilda, and I thought the end was very disappointing.

Dragon Quest: The teenager dragons :eww:

Just for Sidekicks: Spike, again.

I can't find anything from the season 4.

Edited by Blobulle
  • Brohoof 2

Pinkie Apple Pie, believe it or not. I thought Pinkie Pie was too insensitive, I am not a fan of her possibly being an Apple, the humour didn't made me laugh at all and Goldie Delicious is a character that could've been handled better, or even better, not there at all. There is more to this episode I can explain on why I thought it was terrible, but it'll take me a long time to explain everything I disliked about it. The only thing I liked about this episode is Apples to the Core, but that's it. :<

• Brohoof 1

Some of my least favorites are Simple Ways, Magical Mystery Cure and Just For Sidekicks. But there aren't any episodes that I actually dislike, I'd watch all of them again.

• Brohoof 1

The Mysterious Mare Do Well is an episode I should have gotten over, but it still bugs me to no end

Boast Busters - It introduced Snips and Snails, and it gets worse from there

Mmmystery of the Friendship Express - Shares the same problems with MMDW

Hearth's Warming Eve - The second have just gets too sappy for me

Simple Ways - If it wasn't for AJ and Spike,  this episode would be on par with MMDW too

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Rainbow Falls - great concept, but badly used. There was no reason to make Wonderbolts look like jerks, Twilight was annoying, Rarity, Applejack and Pinkie were acting stupid, Derpy's role in the episode was veeery forced and in general it was very weak episode.

+ episodes like

• Baby Cakes
  • Dragon Quest
  • Boast Busters
  • MMMystery of the Friendship Express
  • Flight to the finish
  • The show stoppers
  • A bird in the hoof
  • May the best pet win!
  • Magic duel
  • Just for sidekicks

etc., because they were just boring and uninteresting. Felt more like fillers than actual episodes (maybe with the exceptions of May the best pet win and Magic duel, but I'm really unable to see why people like them).

Edited by Anilewe
  • Brohoof 2

Sonic Rainboom

The Cutie Mark Chronicles

Sleepless in Ponyville

Flight to the Finish :D

What

Not sure if serious :/

party of one lesson zero sleepless in ponyvile

Those are top tier episodes what is this blasphemy?

• Brohoof 1

I'm very serious, actually. If you'd like my opinion on them, lemme know, because I don't want to write a wall of text for no reason :D

Well I know why you don't like sleepless in Ponyville and I have a pretty good idea why you don't like sonic rainboom. Why the others though?

(edited)

and I have a pretty good idea why you don't like sonic rainboom.

There's a multitude of problems I have with that episode, and yes, Rarity's characterization is a big one. However, glorification of RD, making her go from confident and brave to a sniveling coward who repeatedly did things to get around something she always brags about being amazing at, and the crap with the Wonderbolts all wrapped in a bunch.

Basically, they martyred off 4 characters, even going as far as to make a good-natured character a bit antagonistic, all to make RD look good in the end and offer little to no closure to the 4 they pawned off - to top it off, this is a show about friendship, and the fact that they martyred off those characters to glorify one is just depressing and goes against the whole meaning of the show. Would it be as interesting of an episode without misusing those 4 characters? Of course not - but goddammit, at least stay true to what the show is about instead of blatantly misusing characters for story's sake. I'd rather that episode not be one at all, because it's literally the anti-thesis of the show in the sense that they used one of RD's friends in a bad light in order to make RD herself look better, as well as just making the Wonderbolts inept for the cherry on top. Screw that episode, it holds the dubious honor being the only episode I absolutely refuse to rewatch. 

I'm going to write a blog bashing the hell out of it sooner or later. My hatred for that episode is one that can't be fixed, really. It's just a shitty, shitty episode and I hate it.

As for the rest, I don't like glorification, and the way "The Cutie Mark Chronicles" ended bothered me a lot as it made RD look better than the rest in comparison by making her look like the one that brought them all together in the first place. It was a good episode until that happened, but that really just ruined it for me. I like Rainbow Dash and all, but she really doesn't deserve to be put on a pedestal like that. 

Flight to the Finish just felt awkward to watch, as well - the song actually irritated me and it seemed to try and force sappiness and I didn't like that at all. While those two, and even Sleepless in Ponyville, will never be as bad as that cancerous tumor on the side of an excellent series called "Sonic Rainboom," I gotta say, I don't like those episodes.

I'm not very picky, either, considering I've liked pretty much every single episode but the ones I listed :D Those just screwed the pooch for me, man, and "Sonic Rainboom" is literally the worst episode of any series I've watched in my life.

Edited by ghostfacekiller39
  • Brohoof 1