Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ask Ashbad the /b/rony

Ashbad

All those characters are taken by others, and I hate roleplaying as someone that isn't either me or an OC which is essentially just me (I like the word "me " big time) so I think I'll make a more interesting ask thread since I'm bored: ask me anything! That means anything. Anything from why I'm attracted to Twily intensely, why I both love and hate 4chan, why I'm better than all of you (hint: The Great and Powerful Ashbad likes himself quite a bit), things like/dislike about bronies and such, why Nickleback is such a horrible band, and why Twily is always on my mind. Feel free to also ask questions on why I like Twily so much.

Expect some /b/read.

(edited)

>Attracted

Why then?

For a few reasons.

Probably for reason one, is that her personality stands out from the rest of the mane 6, or any other character at all on that note; while she's incredibly sweet she also has her share of well-developed flaws and it makes her seem much more real of a character.

Secondly, she physically just appeals to me; the style of her hair, the cuteness of her face... etc. hard to give a tangible list of reasons why, I guess it's just that it's that whole "chemistry" thing :P it's an embarrassing thing to admit, but she just fits the "perfect match" slot for me; which I find unfortunate considering the best thing she can ever be is simply an /a/-styled waifu.

Other big reasons too I guess, but I guess the third reason why is that she's adorable in socks ^_^

Posted Image

I just ask myself, how can you not be attracted to that? :D

Post ending in 69 decides what I ask

Will deliver

I usually like to put it more along the lines of "post ending in 1234 decides" so then no one will get it and therefore decide what I do. :P Though a good trick if you're bored and want to fill up your "cute pony pics" folder is post a "I want to get inside of xxx" and then while you have to sort out the r34 posted you get some cute sockies!

So no more Qs for me to provide As for? ._.

Oh look, no more questions.

Posted Image

No more questions still? LAME.

Edited by Ashbad
  • Brohoof 2

An ego problem faked for the purposes of this thread, perhaps.

Well, I don't think *pretending* to have an ego problem is gonna make people want to ask questions.

Well, I don't think *pretending* to have an ego problem is gonna make people want to ask questions.

It already made you want to ask 2 questions ;)

It already made you want to ask 2 questions ;)

Surely you don't want this thread to wind up being a circle jerk between friends. You need to expand your audience.

Surely you don't want this thread to wind up being a circle jerk between friends. You need to expand your audience.

I don't see it as a "circle jerk" between "friends" yet -- as for expanding audiences, it's a pretty open topic already. "Expanding my audience" sounds hella formal for such an informal thread :blink:

How's 4chan these days? Haven't been there for a few years as a member.

As spammy as usual. /mlp/ is generally actually a worksafe board, besides the r34 threads that appear every now and then, so it's actually rather wonderful. /b/ is still... well, /b/, though /mlp/ members keep sending raids to there and other boards pretty often (notably, /co/). Ponychan is better if you don't want to deal with trollthreads, but if you can handle that and clop material it's definitely worth visiting and lurking around in.

I don't see it as a "circle jerk" between "friends" yet -- as for expanding audiences, it's a pretty open topic already. "Expanding my audience" sounds hella formal for such an informal thread

On other forums, I've seen similar threads go really popular, and usually their thread title goes something like "Ask an Asian anything", Asian being the thing that the OP wants to emphasize as being interesting and important and people wanting to ask troll-esque questions about the OP being Asian, which might be what the OP wants.

So, what do you have here? You have your name, which would attract friends, and /b/rony, which is apparently some 4chan thing. Not sure if presenting yourself as a 4chan user is that interesting.

If I wanted to start one of these threads, I would most likely have a title that mentions me being a volunteer spriter for the MLP Online game which is probably more interesting than me sticking my name in a title and mentioning that I'm a user of some other forum.

(edited)

On other forums, I've seen similar threads go really popular, and usually their thread title goes something like "Ask an Asian anything", Asian being the thing that the OP wants to emphasize as being interesting and important and people wanting to ask troll-esque questions about the OP being Asian, which might be what the OP wants.

I get that point, but I'm not a fan of such types of stereotyping threads; I see a lot worse on /b/ and /pol/ of that nature, and it's to the point where any thing of the such sickens me. I mean, I guess there are less stereotypical topics I could use, but then it's more like "ask someone who of this group of people" rather than "ask this person".

So, what do you have here? You have your name, which would attract friends, and /b/rony, which is apparently some 4chan thing. Not sure if presenting yourself as a 4chan user is that interesting.

Nice observations.

If I wanted to start one of these threads, I would most likely have a title that mentions me being a volunteer spriter for the MLP Online game which is probably more interesting than me sticking my name in a title and mentioning that I'm a user of some other forum.

I mean, I could say I'm a "Paid Commissioned pixel artist for 2 commericial games", but I feel that this would be more of bragging rather than talking about off-topic things; personally, I like to keep pixel art talk to dA, the pixel art threads that rise up here (when I try to give C+C), and when I make my own thread when I finish a new pixel. I'm more the one that feels like flaunting your abilities when not needed or in an ask thread like this is cocky and discourages other aspiring artists. I'd rather people ask me about more offtopic things than my pixel art or hacking endeavors.

Edited by Ashbad

I get that point, but I'm not a fan of such types of stereotyping threads; I see a lot worse on /b/ and /pol/ of that nature, and it's to the point where any thing of the such sickens me. I mean, I guess there are less stereotypical topics I could use, but then it's more like "ask someone who of this group of people" rather than "ask this person".

But it works, because it gives something for potential askers to work with.

I mean, I could say I'm a "Paid Commissioned pixel artist for 2 commericial games", but I feel that this would be more of bragging rather than talking about off-topic things; personally, I like to keep pixel art talk to dA, the pixel art threads that rise up here (when I try to give C+C), and when I make my own thread when I finish a new pixel. I'm more the one that feels like flaunting your abilities when not needed or in an ask thread like this is cocky and discourages other aspiring artists. I'd rather people ask me about more offtopic things than my pixel art or hacking endeavors.

Two commercial games? I wonder, how's the demand for game graphics done in pixel?

Two commercial games? I wonder, how's the demand for game graphics done in pixel?

Depends. ..............................................................................................................................

Depends. ..............................................................................................................................

*clap clap* exceptionally informative, good sir.

*clap clap* exceptionally informative, good sir.

Well, it does depend, on a lot of things. Pixel art isn't "archaeic" like some thing it is -- it still has uses today, and in fact, there are a surprising amount of games that still use it. For example, one of the commissions I have is for an android game -- while the (normal) resolution is 480x320, they still want pixel art to be used to show the graphics of the game. Granted that means you're going to have to be making larger tiles, sprites, etc., but it still gives that retro effect that many people still love. One of the people who shot me an email asking for a commission I had actually asked if they wanted me to do parts of the commission as NPA -- they said they actually preferred pixel art for the game, and not upscaled for that "8-bit" or "16-bit" feel, it's all 1x art with a huge 480x320 canvas.

when did you start in the /b/ pony threads? because your name does not seem very familiar... do you go by the same name there?

Well, I don't use my name there -- I don't trust either normal or secure tripcodes, and since no one really looks at them anyways, people could pretend to be me without using a tripcode and most people would think it was me. So I just do the normal "Anonymous" posting.

Well, I don't use my name there -- I don't trust either normal or secure tripcodes, and since no one really looks at them anyways, people could pretend to be me without using a tripcode and most people would think it was me. So I just do the normal "Anonymous" posting.

oh i see...do you know about anonthony? and the chan he made?

oh i see...do you know about anonthony? and the chan he made?

I am actually unfamiliar with Anonthony and his chan site -- I mean, I have heard of other chan sites like 711chan, ponychan, <insert some numbers here>chan, etc. but that name is unfamiliar to me.

I am actually unfamiliar with Anonthony and his chan site -- I mean, I have heard of other chan sites like 711chan, ponychan, <insert some numbers here>chan, etc. but that name is unfamiliar to me.

oh i see. well, anonthony made a new chan called mlpchan, if you like the sort of things the /b/ pony threads offer then i would suggest it to you, quite a few regulars post there from time to time...it is quite nice ^^ but obviously it is up to you

Sounds good, I was banned previously for trolling the /b/ guys hard back when I wasn't a Brony since I said some....things unsuitable even by 4chan's standard. I might get a new account and start rambling around there again.

oh i see. well, anonthony made a new chan called mlpchan, if you like the sort of things the /b/ pony threads offer then i would suggest it to you, quite a few regulars post there from time to time...it is quite nice ^^ but obviously it is up to you

Hmm, sounds delicious, might have to to check it out.

Sounds good, I was banned previously for trolling the /b/ guys hard back when I wasn't a Brony since I said some....things unsuitable even by 4chan's standard. I might get a new account and start rambling around there again.

4chan doesn't have accounts... :P but if you were there before, sounds like you calmed down considerably so perhaps I'd suggest trying it out again :) in fact, I'd try out /mlp/, while it's still a very /b/-like environment it's probably the most calm board on the site.

4chan doesn't have accounts... :P but if you were there before, sounds like you calmed down considerably so perhaps I'd suggest trying it out again :) in fact, I'd try out /mlp/, while it's still a very /b/-like environment it's probably the most calm board on the site.

Really? I guess they changed the site a bit.