Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Has Being a Brony Changed Your Life? How?

jacibobsthebrony

203 users have voted

1. 1. Has becoming a Brony changed your life?

• Yes
    • No

• 3 weeks later...

So, I was thinking about what I was like before watching the show, and what I'm like now. It seems I've grown a pillow, so to speak, and everything around me is a bit brighter, a bit happier these days. How has being a brony changed YOU?

It's helped out my life in more ways than I could imagine. I've found something to do in my spare time, MLPFIM has given me a joy that I've never known before. It got me out of depression. I've started to create some cool art pieces and discover AMAZING FAN MUSIC because of MLPFIM. I have a single playlist of around 95 fanmade songs on my phone. I've discovered a community of loving and friendly bronies and pegasisters that don't criticize each other for watching a foal's show. For me, Princess Celestia and Luna is real, I ask for small favors, such as for my day to go well, when something just seems hopeless, and the problem is somehow resolved. Hard to explain. I've also found a show I can truly enjoy, have a good laugh and relax. Also it's slowly working its way, but I think I might have done the impossible for me, something I said I would never be able to do. Stop cussing, instead of saying the s word, I say ponyfeathers :lol:

So MLPFIM and becoming a brony has VASTLY improved my life, it's given me something to enjoy in my life, I can watch it and feel good inside, I've made art, discovered talented brony artists and DJ's, and best of all, discovered MLPForums, the best community that I've ever taken part in. I love you guys so much. :wub:

• Brohoof 3

It did change me in many ways, I've started getting better at making signatures after I joined this forum and the show has made me realize how important it is to have true friends.

Though after I became a brony I've noticed that there are many haters around us.

Interesting concept. How has this show changed me?

I suppose I could say that it has become a staple coping mechanism. It's just a show that if you watch it when you're sad, you pretty much just have to feel that much better. It's made me cheerier, and even MORE pleasant to be around (as I am pretty much nice all the time anyways :wub:).

And overall it has helped me to appreciate the friendships I have built and cherish them. After all, you know what they say.

Friendship is magic. Amirite? :ph34r: B) (Is lame)

• Brohoof 1

Let me see here...

First off it is helping me stop hating my dad for leaving my family. I am no longer depressed all the time, even if I still spend almost all my time alone in my room. I now have a very big love for music. Where I use to only like certain types, mainly country, I have come to love almost all genres. I no longer get mad as easily as I use to, even though I am still very defensive of certain things. I now very much like to draw, even though I am terrible at it. I love to write, but this fandom has brought it out and actually got me writing. It is one of the few things that I enjoy in my life now, and I have this huge fanbase here, who are pretty much you could say, my only friends.

So in all, I am no longer depressed, lonely, and all that other crap.

Well basically it has just made me a happier person. I never used to smile (Well i did.. but it was fairly fake... just to not be anti-social or anything. I was never really feeling genuinely happy.) But now I find myself really enjoying myself no matter what im doing. I just have a better outlook on life now. ^_^

Except for right after I finished season 2.... that was rough few days of depression :lol:

So yeah. Thank you MLP for improving my life. I really apprieciate it. ^_^

Edited by Valureon
  • Brohoof 1

I guess you could say it made me a happier person, and it cured me of my depression. I spent my entire time 10-13 being anti-social. I used to fear social situations. I used to swear alot. I used to feel un-accepted. Then the brony fandom came around and I just exploded with joy. I started talking to people. I've stopped swearing almost anywhere. I love it.

its changed me in quite a few ways actually

its made me a happier person, i have more friends now, and im less judgmental

before i became a brony, i was a hard headed, stuck up, homophobic jerk, who hated humanity and spent his free time plotting the destruction of the world

• Brohoof 1

Oh look. its THIS thread again. I still dont understand how liking a show change who you are as a person. I can safely say that it hasnt changed me a t all. Other thsn the fact that I am now a soul-dead empty shell of a man who wtches my little pony on netflix every damn day. Many people say that it has made them happier, but HOW? HOW?

before MLP: I was a pessimistic, lame white guy with no friends or sex.

After MLP: Im quite the same.

sometimes I wish that MLP HAD changed me, but thats just a dream. And dreams are empty, silly things.

I think I can also say that Im the only one who being a brony HASN'T changed.

Edited by Fanayvea

i definitely know how it had changed me, i was the WORST kind of person. I was prejudiced against everyone except myself, i was selfish, greedy, lazy, proud and a bully. to this day i'm really ashamed of those actions and traits i took and had. ever since i started watching mlp, pretty much all my opinions are relative, i don't just share i kind of take pleasure in giving, i laugh all the time(uncontrollably :lol: ), i never judge someone on their appearance or race, and i definitely don't bully people (i'm a bit of an introvert too now, but it wasn't mlp that did that)

i am so, so, SO glad that i was able to change those gross aspects of me :blush:

i feel so much like i'm boasting on this post :lol: but you asked lol.

Edited by Amelia Monocle

I think it has changed me by realizing who my true friends are. It teaches lessons on friendship, may as well listen, right?

This show is much better then any kid- getting to the point, this show has changed me to be a better person and even taught me a few things! :3

It seems, when you talk to bronies, all you hear about is 'how My Little Pony has changed them.' i think I'm the only Brony who hasn't been changed by MLP.

Many people have asked me, How has it not changed you? I always reply 'How could it? Its merely a show about colorful ponies.'

Many people claim to have been 'saved' by this show (Like its Jesus or something) and even are starting to refer to Lauren Faust as 'their goddess.' I just don't see how a show can turn you life around so drastically. Its just a show. If you have been 'saved' by this show, How and why exactly has MLP changed you? And if you haven't, please tell me! I don't want to be alone here!

If anything, I think the show has made my life worse, because I feel like the show has consumed me, and my life, and my entire being, are mere shadows of what they once were. Im not ashamed of watching nthe show, it just seems like it has sucked me into a false reality that has kept me from participating in my real life. I try to stay within the bounds of reality as much as possible, and my life revolving around the show has NOT helped. Maybe im sucked in because my life is empty, and Im subconciously looking for things to fill the void, but I dont know.

ALso, I dont see how it ca make some peoples lives better and others worse.

The show might harmed me, and I also wonder why it hasnt harmed you. Am I the only one who, not only thinks his life hasn't been changed by the show, but thinks his life has been made worse by the show?

I just don't understand the mystique behind bronies. Why is this show so important to you, and why has it changed your life? Is it important to you BECAUSE it changed your life? Am I babbling right now? sorry If I am.

Lastly, I want to know why this show has changed you because my life is shit (compared to the lives of most lower-class Americans.), and I always wanted the show to turn my life around. It never did, and now I feel let down. I still hope that its a possibility that this show can change me, and I guess I need your help. :(

Has this show made you life better?

worse?

Has this show not afected you?

If this show has 'changed you', WHY and HOW?!

Edited by Fanayvea
  • Brohoof 2

i dont know the hows or whys of why it changed me, i think its more of the fandom that helped me become a better person

the only thing that hasnt changed about me is im still pessimistic and extremely apathetic, and im lazy, but im working on fixing those

Dont worry, your not alone. This show has ONLY increased my cautiousness. Nothing else. I find it hard to believe how much MLP changes people. There's always the chance that some people just exaggerate, a lot. Not all mind you.

Edited by StarVision

This show has changed me, why? That I don't know. I just always thought my life was in shambles, I hated the fact that I had to keep on getting up and go through the day. I was depressed and I was convinced that everything bright was gone. Then something came into my life that showed me light. It showed me that their are still people who care. Then I became a brony. I for once felt accepted. I for once felt good about myself.

I think for some it's more about the community then the show (not for me I'm 50/50), but maybe your life can still be changed. Season 3 isn't out yet and who knows, maybe there will be an episode that appeals to you.

before MLP: I was a pessimistic, lame white guy with no friends or sex.

After MLP: Im quite the same.

I'm sorry, but that made me laugh :P

I've certainly made some good friends and I feel like I'm a part of a community, which is nice. But apart from that, nothing much has changed. Although in a strange way I do feel... happier than I was before I started watching it. I'm not sure if that's a direct result of the show, or if it's completely unrelated, but I've definitely become more optimistic and tolerant lately.

It wasn't really the show who changed me. Like you say it's just a show about colorful ponies. It was the bronies who changed me. But if I hadn't started watching the show I wouldn't have met bronies. So I guess that you can say that starting watching mlp changed me.

@

are you annoyed/irritated that this show has affected people positively ?

Well, I guess it just stems back to envy, and a lack of understanding. I envy all the bronies because they have been changed by MLp, and It seems to have made my life worse, if anything. Also, I dont know WHY it changed them.

My Little Pony, like all things in life, effect people differently.

Best to think as everything with the "Your results may vary" disclaimer that every medicinal drug has.

For me personally, nothing about MLP or it's community has changed me any any way (that I know of). I'm still the hated forum lurker that speaks honestly (which people hate).

• Brohoof 3