Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Has Being a Brony Changed Your Life? How?

jacibobsthebrony

203 users have voted

1. 1. Has becoming a Brony changed your life?

• Yes
    • No

(edited)

It has for me. I told a few of my friends and now im a laughing stock. They really dislike me. They still talk to me but think im really weired and stay away from me more now. After telling my dad about bronies he said they are all gay little weirdos so I have to be cautious when im watching the show because if he found out he'd go crazy. It has had good effects too though. A friend of my mine who is a girl 14 has recentley become a pegasister and we talk about the show all the time! Posted Image

Edited by Aquila
Updated tags
  • Brohoof 11

Dude that's harsh of your friends and dad, I told some of my friends about the show and they didn't really give a damn because it's just a show. :P i guess it has changed my life though as I now have more friends that I found through a brony meetup! :D I also think its helped me feel better in tough times by simply making me smile and laugh at the cuteness.

• Brohoof 6

Welling in the space of my friends I haven't revealed I'm a brony though I really should, but I have gotten the random brohoof here and there. I have felt mor generosity in the form of donations and charities that the Freemasons put on. I have made many new friends even though they have mainly been on the forums and Xbox love. I have lived life to the fullest and enjoy every experience, never failing to see the silver lining in a bad situation (convinced my sister to try to have another baby after miscarriage). Though I'm still very unsocial I have stepped outside my normal boundaries and felt happy doing so. I learned to look from the other side of the fence ( metaphor for lplacing yourself in others shoes) and defused many conflicts by doing so. Besides the occasional ridicule I have had nothing it good experiences being a brony so I'm very happy in that aspect.

Hope all of the others feel this way because it makes the world a little brighter, and that makes all the difference.

• Brohoof 3

I still respect my friends though because they have'nt been total assholes and told everyone in the school. Im grateful for that! Everyone finding out in my school is my worst nightmare. I live in the UK and it's less heared of there.

• Brohoof 1

My Parents have completely respected me for being a brony and really don't treat me any different but the same can't be said for my brothers... They have made fun of me ever since I've told them! As for my friends, its really mixed. A lot are ok with me but others just love to mock me for it... They aren't true friends....

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Well if helping me out of deppresion. Other than that, it makes me happy, I've become a much more tolerable person, and I now no I have no real friends. It also made me find my love of writing, got me into new types of music. I think that is all, the biggest being it getting me out of deppresion.

Edited by Luna Sparkle
  • Brohoof 4

(edited)

I think it has. I made great friends here, got even more loving and tolerating, learned to sculpt out of clay, partially learnt to draw...

Well you got guts telling to your friends.. I take my hat off to that. The majority of people would make fun of us just because they honestly have no idea what we watched! I guarantee you anything if you made any of them sit through one episode, they would definitely change their minds about the show.

I'am so happy about finding out about the show, I simply love it. I can watch any of the episodes when I'm feeling down and always get a laugh when watching an episode. This show is just what can I say other that AWESOME :)!!!

Edited by GoneAirbourne

Well you got guts telling to your friends.. I take my hat off to that. The majority of people would make fun of us just because they honestly have no idea what we watched! I guarantee you anything if you made any of them sit through one episode, they would definitely change their minds about the show.

I'am so happy about finding out about the show, I simply love it. I can watch any of the episodes when I'm feeling down and always get a laugh when watching an episode. This show is just what can I say other that AWESOME :)!!!

I was saying that I made great friends HERE! But, yeah, I tell it all my friends loudly and proudly. And I wear pony tshirts. :D
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Yea its definitively changed my life. I used to be a miserable bastard but now i am quite happy and not as moody. Watching the show and getting involved with the community actually keeps my stress down . Also I have went for listening to 50 cent and the game to The living tombstone and Mic the microphone so yea :) . I have still to meet some bronies who are into gaming and around my age but hey you cant have everything can you.

Edited by Onyx Angel
  • Brohoof 2

Well, yeah as I seem to be more happy now :D and my friends seem to be true since all of them except one don't haggle me about ponies. They don't care, either. I don't think I'll tell my parents then again what do I accomplish? lol. anyways even if I did tell my parents knowing them they will still understand, since I used to watch the powerpuff girls with my dad.

• Brohoof 1

I think that is all, the biggest being it getting me out of deppresion.

That's the largest and most beneficial effect on me thus far from the show. Sometimes I get a little down, and all I have to do is remember either a bit from the show, or an attitude from one of the characters, and I'll perk up and go on with my day.

As far as coming out as a brony...I was born a male, into a family that sought the manly man of men as their son. When I got some Hello Kitty accesories for my car, my parents were extremely apprehensive. They've since given up the fight to make me "behave", and that's been a relief. I think they would actually be happier with me switching my interest into ponies than kitties. My friends, on the other hand, laughed at me when I told them I didn't like the same things they did, and that I liked the cuter side of life. Once I told them I really took a liking to the show, however, the backlash from it was immense. I was probably hanging out with the wrong crowd. I apparently, "wasn't one of them" anymore.

Oh well. Time to make more friends! The great thing about ponies is you can relate any situation to any pony. I might be a Fluttershy around new people, but Twi's spirit helps me see the magic in friendship!

• Brohoof 5

I'am so happy about finding out about the show, I simply love it. I can watch any of the episodes when I'm feeling down and always get a laugh when watching an episode. This show is just what can I say other that AWESOME !!! :)

I have made them watch one episode desperate to change their minds but still no. All my friends are bothered about is being cool. They will never become bronies.

Not that much, but a little bit. I guess it has made me realize that I should not hide odd stuff I like.

(edited)

That's the largest and most beneficial effect on me thus far from the show. Sometimes I get a little down, and all I have to do is remember either a bit from the show, or an attitude from one of the characters, and I'll perk up and go on with my day.

As far as coming out as a brony...I was born a male, into a family that sought the manly man of men as their son. When I got some Hello Kitty accesories for my car, my parents were extremely apprehensive. They've since given up the fight to make me "behave", and that's been a relief. I think they would actually be happier with me switching my interest into ponies than kitties. My friends, on the other hand, laughed at me when I told them I didn't like the same things they did, and that I liked the cuter side of life. Once I told them I really took a liking to the show, however, the backlash from it was immense. I was probably hanging out with the wrong crowd. I apparently, "wasn't one of them" anymore.

Oh well. Time to make more friends! The great thing about ponies is you can relate any situation to any pony. I might be a Fluttershy around new people, but Twi's spirit helps me see the magic in friendship!

Yeah, if friends can't accept you for who you are, then they aren't true friends. You never know, maybe you can make some brony friends! :D

EDIT: PARAAAAAAASPRRRRRITE YEEEE 100th post!

Edited by Matus

I have made them watch one episode desperate to change their minds but still no. All my friends are bothered about is being cool. They will never become bronies.

:/ Well I understand that some would not like it... But maybe just maybe some did? I know that I was shocked when I watched the first episode. Me before I watched the first episode

Posted Image

• Brohoof 3

Well, yeah as I seem to be more happy now :D and my friends seem to be true since all of them except one don't haggle me about ponies. They don't care, either. I don't think I'll tell my parents then again what do I accomplish? lol. anyways even if I did tell my parents knowing them they will still understand, since I used to watch the powerpuff girls with my dad.

God I wish I had friends like you man. My friends aren't really the type of people to understand, more of the type to point and laugh. But oh well haha
  • Brohoof 1

Yep, definitely. This great forum and ponies in general had made me a lot happier person, caused often euphoria moods, and reminded me about tolerance, about which I happened to forget a little bit here and there.

:/ Well I understand that some would not like it... But maybe just maybe some did? I know that I was shocked when I watched the first episode. Me before I watched the first episode

Posted Image

One of them said it was ok but after a second said he was joking and he would never like it. I dont know what to belive.

• Brohoof 1

God I wish I had friends like you man. My friends aren't really the type of people to understand, more of the type to point and laugh. But oh well haha

yeah they can be the usual ignorant people on xbox, they can be extremely funny and spastic, but they are serious when needed, and the respect the fact I like the ponies.
  • Brohoof 1

I still respect my friends though because they have'nt been total assholes and told everyone in the school. Im grateful for that! Everyone finding out in my school is my worst nightmare. I live in the UK and it's less heared of there.

I agree, Living in the UK, pretty much no one has heard about it here, since it isn't really advertised at all. As for my friends, they think I am a bit weird for watching it, but they are a reasonable group of people, so they don't really care about it that much.
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I have not told anyone yet. I've told my friends about the bronys, but they don't know that I am one. As for my parents, I have yet to tell them. Been dropping little hints that I am a brony. I guesses I just want them to catch me watching it.

It got very odd when one of my parents friends asked me if I knew what a brony was. He head about it during a Howard Stern show. I just gave a brief answer and showed him something on a show I recorded. My parents, sister, grandma, and my parents friends were there. Everyone thought it was weird.

So for now I don't want to tell them, but I kinda want to tell them. I just don't know what to do.

The one thing that has changed for me is that I am in a ground that is easy to get into. I like animes, but the ones I watch are sometimes not that popular so not a lot of people to talk to. I tried to get into Doctor Who last year and I like it, but I don't want to spend my time watching episodes from a long time ago. I just like it was easy to understand.

Edited by pinkiefan1287

I haven’t told anybody irl that i am one, but it still has affected my life.

Now instead of blindly dissing things i don’t understand like before, I look deeper

and i am less hateful and much more accepting as a person, i feel like a much

improved person :)

• Brohoof 2