Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Name "Ponyville" is Realistic!

Comet Tail

So, that kind of threw me off when I first watched it.

I was like, "Ponyville, really?"

But I'd done some pre-reading

(yes, I read about the series a bit before watching the first episode post-1477-0-90618100-1343796694.png )

And heard about how Lauren Faust had taken an old series and made it awesome and new, so I figured, "ughh, legalities must've kept her with some old stuff, like that name... If only they'd let her change it!"

Well, My Little Ponies, the name "Ponyville", I hereby declare to be realistically plausible, upon discovering this:

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Humansville

post-1477-0-15246900-1343796856.jpg

EDIT:

This just in, I posted this same message on Facebook, and someone informed me that you'll get results if you google maps "Ponyville"

I did! :o

Go try it! Google Maps "Ponyville"

"Ponyville, Eequestria, County Road 4300, Coffeyville, KS"

Edited by Mattlight
  • Brohoof 20

I live near there! (Well, the next county over anyways...) I knew it all along a name like "Ponyville" was possible.

Actually though, it's pronounced "huh-mansville", not "Hyoo-mansville", so I'm not sure if it really counts.

Still awesome though.

Edited by JustFairness

Oh. My. God.

I wonder if there is a "Androidville" in a different universe.

That aside, this is truly a shocking discovery.

This town was named after a man named Hugh Mansfield. Obviously that's rather hard to fit on a sign that small. So they shortened it logically, "Hu" short for "Hugh" and "Mans" short for "Mansfield" and "ville" is a natural additive to any city name. So, Humansville was founded!

That's all crap. I made it up. Good story, though, right?

• Brohoof 5

Oh the ponyity! Pony error, The Pony Centipede, pony nature, ponyitarian efforts, a ponyities course at school.

A dog and human show, human up some money, human rides, My Little Human

Substituting pony for human is pretty cool.

Edited by Doctor XFizzle
  • Brohoof 1

I bet Lyra's packing her bags and buying flight tickets to Humansville as I'm typing this. Will Bon Bon be joining her in this magical new land?

The Pony Centipede

One time my friend sent me a picture of a my little pony centipede because it reminded them of me (d'aww!) but it was G3 ponies! :lol:

I bet Lyra's packing her bags and buying flight tickets to Humansville as I'm typing this. Will Bon Bon be joining her in this magical new land?

One time my friend sent me a picture of a my little pony centipede because it reminded them of me (d'aww!) but it was G3 ponies! :lol:

I guess we'll learn how deep their friendship truly is... Whether it's merely the run-of-the-mill "high on hormones" relationship, or something deeper... What is Bonbon willing to sacrifice? :P lol.

Humansville... I laughed at that name. Is there a play like Hearth's Warming Eve to show the history of Humansville that plays every holdiay season?

Edited by Twi Rubix

Pony this, pony that, human this, human that, lion this, lion that, fool this, fool that. It seems that almost everything and word is named after something. Something like porcupineville or something.

Oh wait, wait wait. I know 1 place I want to live in. OBJECTIONVILLE!

• Brohoof 3

So, that kind of threw me off when I first watched it.

I was like, "Ponyville, really?"

But I'd done some pre-reading

(yes, I read about the series a bit before watching the first episode post-1477-0-90618100-1343796694.png )

And heard about how Lauren Faust had taken an old series and made it awesome and new, so I figured, "ughh, legalities must've kept her with some old stuff, like that name... If only they'd let her change it!"

Well, My Little Ponies, the name "Ponyville", I hereby declare to be realistically plausible, upon discovering this:

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Humansville

post-1477-0-15246900-1343796856.jpg

I'm sure Lyra would love this. :P

Humansville... I laughed at that name. Is there a play like Hearth's Warming Eve to show the history of Humansville that plays every holdiay season?

Hearth's Warming Eve was about the origins of EQUESTRIA, not Ponyville. *facepalm*

To me, the village in Austria sounds more awesome than Humansville (No, I'm not telling you it's name) BTW Awesome find OP.

This town was named after a man named Hugh Mansfield. Obviously that's rather hard to fit on a sign that small. So they shortened it logically, "Hu" short for "Hugh" and "Mans" short for "Mansfield" and "ville" is a natural additive to any city name. So, Humansville was founded!

That's all crap. I made it up. Good story, though, right?

I wonder what the real history of that town is, though . I mean, who would just give his new town the name "Humansville"? Did no one living there find that name a little strange? :huh:

I feel like Lyra would change her last name to Human. Or have it in her middle name. Lyra Human Heartstrings. That sounds creepy. HUMAN HEARTSTRINGS.

This is what happens when I don't sleep.

"HUMAN HEARTSTRINGS"

Me:AAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!

That's creepy, and the laughing hearts my throat-I meant hurts, not hearts. That's what I get for looking at the word heart while typing.

EDIT:I want Pandaville!!!

Edited by Filly Pinkie Pie