Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Am I The Only one Who Has trouble Watching Movies At Home?

GrooveBroove

I've noticed this for a long time, but I really just can't watch movies when i'm home.

I always feel like i'm just wasting my time even if i'm watching a movie to do just that.

When I'm playing Video Games I don't get that feeling since I guess i'm controlling it.

However if im at the theater, i'll watch the movie and just be absorbed in the whole expierence

but anyway

Just wanted to know if anyone else out there is like this when it comes to watching movies at home.

Edited by GrooveBroove
  • Brohoof 2

I'm pretty much the same, i can't stand watching movies at home, i just get the constant feeling that i'm i wasting my time and should be doing something more productive... which usually ends up with me playing my Xbox for a couple hours :blush:

• Brohoof 2

I can watch movies at home if I've never seen them before, but I usually yell at anything that makes noise if I do because I don't like missing anything lol

Movies I've seen before though, not really. I'll watch them every once in a while if I really want to but usually I get bored and start playing around with my DS or get on the computer or something.

The actually stories of movies are too short for me, really. I'm used to 24 episode, 20 minute long each (23 - 25 including the opening and ending) anime series. Movies only get to be up to about... 2 hours long max. A full season of anime is 7 - 8 hours or something like that. Movies just don't seem to offer enough content to really learn from, connect to, or just overall enjoy for me, which is why I haven't watched a movie in over 3 months or something. The only movies that I can really watch are ones like Napoleon Dynamite, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, Hot Rod, and other random/pointless movies. I typically do something like draw while watching them, though.

lol, wasting my time, that's something I'm good at.

I started a Pokémon-marathon and I have watched over 600 episodes, + all FiM episodes twice each, + watching all 96 episodes of Code Lyoko.

All that since Mars.

• Brohoof 1

I guess I'm more aware of time when I don't feel emotionally invested on the film. I mean, there is just so many distractions in my house that It's just so easy to loose focus on a film.

It almost sounds like when you watch movies there's something you would rather be doing. I never really have this issue probably cause I don't watch movies just for the sake of wasting time, if I want to watch a movie its because I want to watch it

Sometimes I'm this way when my mom asks me to watch a movie with her though lol

If I'm all alone? Hell no. I feel like I'm wasting my time and I should be doing something productive. (which is usually Xbox in my book :P) If friends are over or I'm talking to them over skype, live, facebook, etc, I can watch anything. Things are more enjoyable with human communication involved. (Except storylines of video games. I become a recluse during the course of a single player story).

I am pretty much the opposite, I have a hard time watching movies everywhere BUT home. Mostly because I tend to be very emotional towards movies and I cry to pretty much anything in them, rather embarrassing when at school or in a theater when the movie isn't sad. At home, they know I cry so I don't find it as embarrassing xD

I know that feeling, dude. Every time I try to watch a movie over at my house, unless it's in a stream or I'm with friends, I just get bored half way through and need to get up and do something else. The same thing goes for most TV shows, as I usually can only watch about half an hour before I just feel the need to do something else.

What?! This is like the opposite of me. I love to watch movies at home. I can sit and watch movies for days and days without sleeping. It never makes me bored or anything like that. If there was a 50 hour long movie I'd watch it.

I don't have trouble watching movies or anything else at home; I have trouble watching new things at home. If I'm at the theater or somebody else's place it's easy and more fun, but if I'm at home I'm tempted to watch the same, familiar things a million times despite really wanting to see something else. Wish I knew why because then I might be able to do something about it. That's what I love about livestreams: having company allows me to break that habit.

Speaking of livestreams, I've been thinking about streaming Dick Tracy (the 1990 version). I haven't seen that movie in over 10 years and I'd love to give it another go.

Edited by Artemis