Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Not Asking for Trouble  

118 users have voted

1. 1. Like It or Not?

• Yaks: *eyes nearly pop out as Pinkie smashes this episode* ("I HATE IT!" >__<)
    • Prince Rutherford: *groan* Can I start over?" *walks away as his front legs drag behind him*
    • Pinkie: "I've seen better." ("Meh.")
    • Pinkie & Rutherford: "SNOWBALL FIGHT!" ("I like it!")
    • News colt: "Extra Extra! Read all about it! Prince Rutherford and Pinkie agreed to go on a date!" ("I LOVE IT!" <3)

(edited)

Even though this episode won't air in the U.S. until later, Treehouse TV in Canada will air it this Saturday sometime between 11 and 11:30am. Be prepared for spoilers!

Title: Not Asking for Trouble

Air Date (Canada/Treehouse TV): May 21, 2017
Air Date (U.S./Discovery Family): TBA*

Writer: May Chan

Summary: "Pinkie Pie visits Prince Rutherford and the Yaks. While there, an avalanche falls on the entire rustic village of Yakyakistan. Pinkie Pie suggests that she go to get the other ponies to come help but the proud Prince and Yaks refuse."

*I hunch it'll air June 17.

This episode will continue the trend from Treehouse TV starting last Sunday with Fluttershy Leans In: Two episodes will air per week, one on Saturday, one on Sunday (and could air the finale early in the summer), while Discovery Family will air one per week. More than likely due to the Movie coming out in October.

The airing timing isn't consistent, so if you plan to watch the episode via the stream, arrive early. When someone uploads the episodes on YT and DailyMotion, I'll link them to you here.

A poll will be published after it airs.

Canadian Airing Streams (links courtesy of EQD):
Otaku Brawler
Brony Network
Lemonwalnut

DailyMotion:

YT:

Edited by Dark Qiviut
added video links
  • Brohoof 4

This one I have no expectations for. I'm as nuetral as I can get for an episode. It's a rather nice feeling. 

• Brohoof 3

Don't know if I'm gonna bother with this one either, didn't exactly find the yaks to be pleasant characters 

Out of all of the characters to return I didn't expect the yaks to do so.

I don't really have any strong feelings towards them as characters, so I don't really have any expectations for this episode.

• Brohoof 1

"Party Pooped" was okay episode. Maybe this one will be better. IDK.

going to somewhere outside of equestria is a first for this series, right? or am I wrong

• Brohoof 2

All in all, a simple, but enjoyable episode. Pinkie was a lot better here than she was in Rock Solid Friendship, worlds better, even if she was a little corny in some parts. The moral was also a bit confusing but really, this episode seemed quite simple. Not in a bad way, I think it did what it set out to do. I liked the Yaks mostly despite their confusing reasons for stuff, and got some good chuckles from the humor. I enjoyed this one more than A Royal Problem honestly. This episode didn't do anything that was extremely memorable, but not every episode has to. 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Definitely a middle of the road episode, no where near as bad as I expected. Pinkie was great(which she really needed after RSF), and the Yaks weren't obnoxious assholes

just really really really stubborn. Still, it did make me appreciate them more

EDIT: Episode also has a new writer, May Chan

Edited by Whompy Whomperson
  • Brohoof 3

Pink Pony good showing. Not too crazy and annoying to Yaks and strange hairless monkey people who watch us. 

Yaks also come across as proud but not assholes. 

Sometime Yak needs and wants help but not able to ask. Sometimes initiative must be taken to help someone in need, even if it could impact Yak friendship and Honorary Yak status. 

Yak like episode! Yak give this good and strong horn bump!!!

• Brohoof 4

I am not sure, but i really don't feel the episode. It feels like a rehash of Applebuck season from Season 1 but not as good.

It was interesting to see the Yak culture in the first few minutes with Pinkie Pie, but the rest really falls flat for me. The conflict here was boring and could've been solved way earlier. The Yaks should've seen that their children are not well and are incredibly hungry, which makes them really seem unsympathetic.

I would've really liked if the Yaks would've learned that lesson for themselves, instead of coming out in the last minute, saying to people that she understands. I also didn't find Pinkie as funny as in other episodes.

Sorry, this was below average for me. Had it's moments, but not something i will rewatch anytime soon.

5 minutes ago, Mesme Rize said:

I would've really liked if the Yaks would've learned that lesson for themselves, instead of coming out in the last minute, saying to people that she understands. I also didn't find Pinkie as funny as in other episodes.

I don't think it was a lesson they needed to learn. They cannot, based on their culture, ask for help. They didn't learn a lesson. In fact Pinkie didn't as well, since she came to the conclusion that she would help the Yaks regardless of their wishes. 

This was an important and difficult moral, but this was not a lesson that was intended to be for the characters. 

Think about a time when you had to help someone for their own benefit even when they resisted that help. That is the lesson, and this may actually be one of the most important morals the show has ever tried to convey. 

It wasn't communicated as well as I would have liked ... I mean as an adult I appreciate the subtext and subtly. Could younger kids get this? I'm not sure. 

• Brohoof 8

15 minutes ago, Whompy Whomperson said:

Definitely a middle of the road episode, no where near as bad as I expected. Pinkie was great(which she really needed after RSF), and the Yaks weren't obnoxious assholes

just really really really stubborn. Still, it did make me appreciate them more

EDIT: Episode also has a new writer, May Chan

Your thoughts basically mirror mine. I thought the episode was good. Nothing more, nothing less and for me, that is fine. Didn't know about the new writer. She did a pretty decent job I think, especially with it centering around the yaks. 

Also I'm almost to the point I'm getting annoyed with this season, for a good reason. I expected an episode that didn't feel ... personal. I wanted an episode that I could actually judge without seeing allusions to things in my personal life. Too many of the episodes this season seemed to touch on something I have recently gone through, am going through, or recognize as a problem I had struggled with that was somewhat of a seminal moment in my life.

I thought a Yak episode would be one of those non-personal episodes ... nope.

It has been a weird season for me. 

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

New writer alert! Let's hope she does better than Becky did with Hard to Say Anything! 

In my opinion she did. 

Rated this a 4 since the moral could have been better communicated. 

So, this was an interesting one. Very interesting. The Yaks don't like asking for help, they feel it damages their pride. However, they are fine with getting help when necessary, or so it seems. So, a good friend in their eyes is one who helps when necessary without having to ask if it's required...Well, it's probably a little more complicated than that but that's the general idea I got from it. I like this, it's a cool difference between Pony and Yak culture here that isn't necessarily treated as something that the Ponies need to "Fix", though it does cause a problem in this case.

It's a good moral too. People will reject help they might need based off of differences in ideology, whether caused by a different culture or not. Sometimes despite your best efforts you won't be able to get someone to change their mind or agree with you, and if they really need help you might have to force it. I know I've been the yaks in situations like this before...

Also, I love the return of Pinkie's drill mane from "Bats!" and her spy suit from the Season 3 premiere. Some nice little callbacks there. Overall a nice episode, I liked it. Season 7 is shaping up to be another great one for me.:squee:

• Brohoof 3

I don't have much to say about this episode:

It developed on the Yaks a little bit, for good mostly, and Pinkie was done fairly well.

All in all, a fairly good episode. I give it a solid 8/10.

• Brohoof 1

Did not have much to comment on until Pinkie's story about the goats and bovines. 

(Sings) My Little Bovines, My Little Bovines

In the end, there really wasn't anything I could talk about. Just an average episode.

• Brohoof 2

I think this was a pretty good episode. I like how Pinkie is considered the ambassador to the yaks. It's also great to see what Yakyakistan looks like for the first time. Their celebration was interesting and fit their Yak culture. I also enjoyed the Yak's sense of humor when it came to kidding around with Pinkie. It was interesting to see how each hut had their own type of activity for the yaks. I thought Pinkie's plans to help get help was pretty nice. I especially loved the drawing story of the goats and the cows. It reminded me of her fourth wall moment in "A Friend in Deed." It seemed like the yaks wanted to ask for help, but didn't want to say anything, so they wouldn't go against Prince Rutherford's decisions. It was good of Pinkie to bring Twilight and the others to help out the yaks. I didn't understand the moral at first, but after re watching it, I have a good understanding of it. Some references in this episode were entertaining and pretty clever. I feel this episode hits closer to home for me, in my opinion. My dad is stubborn at times when he is working on things. Some people always ask him for help, but he refuses and says that he's got it. He even says it to me when I offer to help. I guess that it's not just his pride, but that he doesn't want to feel useless to anyone. Now that time has gone by, I've been helping him whether or not he asks for help. All in all, I enjoyed this episode. I hope to see the yaks again and learn more of their culture throughout the series. :pinkie: