Register now to remove this ad.
WolfEdge

Shining Armor and Princess Cadence Have Foals...

27 posts in this topic

Okay, so a thought occurred to me during one of my facebook chats with a pally of mine...

 

Remember how insanely OP'd Pound Cake and Pumpkin Cake were in Baby Cakes? Well... what about newer foals? For example... Oh, I don't know... LIKE Shinning and Cadence's. Think about it, Cadence is an alicorn. Shinning Armor has those broken magic power levels that his sister posses.

 

So after Shinning Armor and Cadence get it on... just how OP'd will there kids be?

1 person brohoofs this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well just assuming that being an alicorn is a genetic trait, I would think simply because one parent is an alicorn that would automatically make it a higher chance that one of the babies will be an alicorn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All the alicorns in the show are female, and are very powerful. Even though Blueblood is related to Luna and Celestia, he's still only a unicorn. My assumption is that it may be a dominant trait in females only. If Shining and Cadence have children, it's a safe bet to say that a filly has a higher chance of being an alicorn than a colt. And that the very least, a colt would probably be a unicorn.

1 person brohoofs this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For unpredictability and for a potential plot-line/lesson, I think their baby should be an ordinary earth pony somehow. I think that would be more compelling than a baby alicorn.

8 people brohoof this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There will be fan-fiction. Lot's and lot's of clopping, lot's and lot's of clopfics, and of course, even more clopping.

7 people brohoof this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All the alicorns in the show are female, and are very powerful. Even though Blueblood is related to Luna and Celestia, he's still only a unicorn. My assumption is that it may be a dominant trait in females only. If Shining and Cadence have children, it's a safe bet to say that a filly has a higher chance of being an alicorn than a colt. And that the very least, a colt would probably be a unicorn.

 

Well, about 80 percent of all ponies in equestria are female. That is just how the show has been, hardly any colts ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For unpredictability and for a potential plot-line/lesson, I think their baby should be an ordinary earth pony somehow. I think that would be more compelling than a baby alicorn.

 

I'd find that hilarious, were it to happen. I think at the very least, all Cadence and Shinning would have to worry about is hyperactive energy. But if it gets anywhere near Pinkie's level... mother of Celestia. :blink:

 

All the alicorns in the show are female, and are very powerful. Even though Blueblood is related to Luna and Celestia, he's still only a unicorn. My assumption is that it may be a dominant trait in females only. If Shining and Cadence have children, it's a safe bet to say that a filly has a higher chance of being an alicorn than a colt. And that the very least, a colt would probably be a unicorn.

 

This seems probable, but then again, we know very little of alicorns when it comes to facts about them. We don't even know if there are more alicorns in the royal family or not, since Cadence sure was a surprise (granted, though she was originally meant to be a unicorn, storywise). Should they have them, I'd like to know who Tia and Luna's parents are as well as what type of pony they are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@, 80% in ponyville, there isn't enough to state the ratio is the same all over Equestria... maybe they are more common in other major cities... Just think about all the guards I yet to see a mare royal guard.

 

@@The Awesome One, Clopping.... Clopping everywhere...

Edited by Ethan Pow
1 person brohoofs this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I guess they'd be some pretty powerful kids. It's gonna be hell when their unicorn magic starts to go out of control as colts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

about 80 percent

I would like to point out that that is untrue. In other places their seems to be more males or a balanced amount. Its just we see ponyville so often people seem to assume that there is a higher population of females.

 

Now to answer OP's question. Maybe the kids would be extremely powerful. I doubt we see an episode of how they act though, seeing how we already saw kids in action.

2 people brohoof this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess they'd be some pretty powerful kids. It's gonna be hell when their unicorn magic starts to go out of control as colts.

 

That's what I was thinking! Pumpkin was insane, and her parents were totally normal. (as far as we know.... >,> Not sure if kids are pesgsus and unicorn because of family genes or because of cheating...)

 

So, I'd assume a unicorn foal with this bloodline is going to have building demolishing magic capabilities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
It doesn't just have to be Alicorns displaying such raw power. Don't forget. The day Twilight hatched Spike's egg, she almost became a GOD! Princess Celestia had to calm her down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as their kids go it is a toss up leaning towards unicorn and alicorn. If the child is a unicorn we can expect some antics involving levitation and teleporting. If the child is an alicorn we can add attempts at flight into that mix. Either way, Princess Cadenza can easily handle the burden of child rearing. She has had prior experience, as I highly doubt Twilight Sparkle was always that tame. I hope she does not fall into Postpartum Depression. That is never fun. After what she has been through I worry about her mental health. Being locked in a cavern without reliable food or water is not good for ones body nor their mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you ask me they well end with either a unicorn or an alicorn child. For a good episode they should give them an alicorn for a child, it maybe a reason to bring back some old villains. The child well most likely to have a lot of magic powers and may be able to make barriers like his dad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they had kids and had an alicorn, then she'd probably be stronger than Luna or Celestia after time passes. Cadence is strong with her love spell, and Shining Armor made a massive shield that covered Canterlot. So I'm kinda guessing that their kid would have some massive love shield spell or something xP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What you all forget is strength v. versatility. The magic of the princesses is massive, and far greater than that of either Armor or Cadenza. More importantly, it is far more versatile. This is because they have much more knowledge and are not bound to a specific talent aside from the control of Sun and Moon. There is no guaranty that the an alicorn will even present any magical talent. Some never show the talent in that school, being more suited to other tasks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You see, I don't think being an alicorn is genetic. I think if they had kids they would probably be either or Unicorn or Pegasus. Saying that I could see them acting just as "normal" as Pound Cake and Pumpkin cake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is how I think the chances are: 50% Alicorn, 40% Unicorn, and 10% Pegasus. There is still a chance that it can be a Pegasus mainly because genetic traits from Cadence's family will most likely have Alicorns during the founding of Equestria times. Though the DNA would be varied due to a long period of time and because of the 50% chromosomes from each generations of pony families would change a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a 50% chance of the foal being an Alicorn 40% Unicorn and 10% as SnowPegasus said. Pretty obvious there yes. But then again the show has very little information about Alicorns, we don't even know Celestia and Luna's parents to start off and the niece and nephew thing with the royal family is confusing since we know Celestia and Luna don't have any children of their own.

 

Just to sum it all up: This question is confusing :huh:

Edited by Stary Dreams

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, about 80 percent of all ponies in equestria are female. That is just how the show has been, hardly any colts ever.

 

58% actually.

 

Although it would be an interesting story exploration, Twilight becoming an Aunt- However, several things would have to either be ignored, or addressed in a children's cartoon television show. Contact and impression of a pregnant Cadence for example. (Notice how this is not brought up in Baby Cakes.)

Additionally, the main thinking about that would be the development of characters from Newlywed into Fatherhood and Motherhood. However compared to the depth and complexity of those subjects, Shining and Cadence are both inadequately developed to explore those sorts of things.

 

Perfect fodder for fan conjecture and fan fictions, but horrible ontologistics for an episode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I don't completey understand the genetics behind Alicors, and how they are made. Its not really certain if its a mix or another different species. So its hard to tell. Plus hard to tell whats dominant and what recessive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

58% actually.

 

Although it would be an interesting story exploration, Twilight becoming an Aunt- However, several things would have to either be ignored, or addressed in a children's cartoon television show. Contact and impression of a pregnant Cadence for example. (Notice how this is not brought up in Baby Cakes.)

Additionally, the main thinking about that would be the development of characters from Newlywed into Fatherhood and Motherhood. However compared to the depth and complexity of those subjects, Shining and Cadence are both inadequately developed to explore those sorts of things.

 

Perfect fodder for fan conjecture and fan fictions, but horrible ontologistics for an episode.

 

Yeah an episode like this would end up causing more plot holes and issues for the lore in the show. I would like to see a episode on the origins of Alicorns, I think that would be a better placed episode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There will be fan-fiction. Lot's and lot's of clopping, lot's and lot's of clopfics, and of course, even more clopping.

 

You my friend, put a sick, distorted, messed-up, gross picture in my head.

Therefore I bro-hoof your post.

OT: The foals would be immensely powerful in their power surges due to the power of their parents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably they would be unicorns, considering the fact that Alicorns are almost godesses, i don't think that a new one would born just like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I realize this topic is over a year old, but I would like to point out some of my own thoughts:

Although Cadance appears as an alicorn even in Twilight's flashbacks, she was originally a pegasus who was granted a horn for discovering the "magic of love" like Twilight discovered the "magic of friendship".

She's not a true alicorn, as a true alicorn is described as having abilities of all three common ponies - earth pony, pegasus, and unicorn.

This being said, I do not believe Cadance would have the genes of a unicorn to pass on, which means it's practically a pegasus mother, and a unicorn father.

So I would want to say that it would be like 45% chance of pegasus, 45% of unicorn, and about a 10% chance of earth (If not less)
And this is just a random estimate.
One of Cadance's parents could have been a unicorn or earth pony, while the other is a pegasus - which would definitely tip the scales, some.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Join the herd!

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.