Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP dubs in other languages

Silly Lily

(Here I'm focusing on music but actual episodes are cool too)

Anypony have some non-English versions of MLP that you like? that you dislike? Or perhaps comment on how the show is dubbed in your own language.

Here's a Multilanguages channel that has various dubs of the same song in one vid. also, on the MLP song page, there are pages for international versions for individual songs in one language.

-

So, for anyone who knows or likes German, here are my favs

1)

- the ending is especially cute. muffins!

2)

sounds really good

3)

it's worth watching just for the buildup of Fluttershy. She's too soft saying "Come out" but her pitiful screaming afterwards is hilarious. I burst out laughing, lol. Sorry Fluttershy, but you're too adorable when you're angry.

Honorary

is pretty good but the Sweetie Belle voice sounds too mature (especially speaking) She's like older than Fluttershy.

Impressive pronunciation

And just a terrible cover of

but props to singing this hurricane of syllables.

"Wow, das geht rein".... Twilight more chill and deadpan than ever.

Overall

Anyways, after watching the German songs, it's usually hit or miss because 1) the language can become very awkward in pronunciation 2) the translation doesn't usually work nicely so it's adjusted to rhyme and keep the idea of the song 3) the voices just don't suit characters.

The 'worst' ones are usually Pinkie's, I find.

Here's the Grand Galloping gala song: "It's the most amazing incredible tremendous super-fun wonderful terrifically humongous party in all of Equestria!" = "das ist die unglaublichste, fantastischste, sagenhafteste, hinreißenste, sensationellste party in ganz Equestria" and "Cause it's the most galarrific superly-terrific gala ever In the whole galaxy" = "auf der wohl prächtigsten, tollsten, mächtig wundervollsten Gala unserer ganzen großen galaxie " ... yeah, quite a lot to say.

Giggle at the Ghosties is even worse when it gets faster. It is, however, cute when Pinkie has to sing Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-chen. (the fast part: und sag dem gruseligen Dummie, er soll sich verdrücken und dich in Ruhe lassen und wenn er dir weiter Angst machen will, dann kann er was erleben und allein der Gedanke daran bringt einen schon zum) Amazing to even attempt to sing it.

Edited by Silly Lily

German scares the living crap out of me. Maybe because I had a German neighbor who'd yell at his dogs on German but man, it's scary stuff.

On topic, I really hate anything about the show that isn't the English version EXCEPT the Italian intro. It's amazing.

Though the Latin American version script sticks faithfully to the original, the voice casting was a bit off. Not that it's bad, it just feels rather void of emotion(also there was some recasting in the dub which seemed unnecessary). One of the more pleasant surprises however was Melissa Gedeon and her amazing Pinkie voice.

theres no hebrew versions yet, but i started working on translateing (i have fluttershy's lullaby and part of winter wrap up)

2)

sounds really good

3)

it's worth watching just for the buildup of Fluttershy. She's too soft saying "Come out" but her pitiful screaming afterwards is hilarious. I burst out laughing, lol. Sorry Fluttershy, but you're too adorable when you're angry.

in the art of the dress, 1:21-1:25 sound like gibberish

and in pony pokey fluttershy made me lought hurd X3

Though the Latin American version script sticks faithfully to the original, the voice casting was a bit off. Not that it's bad, it just feels rather void of emotion(also there was some recasting in the dub which seemed unnecessary). One of the more pleasant surprises however was Melissa Gedeon and her amazing Pinkie voice.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbiONpRYMk0

she sound a bit like katara ._.

The Italian intro is quite nice, in its own unique way. It's awesome that they decided to do things a little bit different in their own dub.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FVqFN_Hn20

it swound like an anime opening .,.

Edited by hana

In my experience, the dubed version of G4 MLP is pretty good. I live in Mexico and I'm used to the latin american spanish dubbed version.

About the non-english dubs, I really like the french and russian dubs. Espceially the songs.

Thanks for posting them, brony. It's been a while since I heard them for a while.

PS: Czech dub is oficially the troll of the dubs. There was no effort put in there.

In my experience, the dubed version of G4 MLP is pretty good. I live in Mexico and I'm used to the latin american spanish dubbed version.

About the non-english dubs, I really like the french and russian dubs. Espceially the songs.

Thanks for posting them, brony. It's been a while since I heard them for a while.

PS: Czech dub is oficially the troll of the dubs. There was no effort put in there.

The Czech dub? You think they didn't try there?

The Turkish version didn't even translate the songs.

Also, Swedish Spitfire is a man.

A man.

What the hell.

On a completely unrelated note, I really like the Italian dub, if only for the intro sing and Italian sounds sexy.

The Czech dub? You think they didn't try there?

The Turkish version didn't even translate the songs.

Also, Swedish Spitfire is a man.

A man.

What the hell.

On a completely unrelated note, I really like the Italian dub, if only for the intro sing and Italian sounds sexy.

I knew about r63 Spitfire and also the r63 Rainbow Dash in the Brazilian Portuguese dub. (R63 Dash is canon in Portuguese, now that's the weirdest dub).

Heh, I know that adapting songs to another language can be tough, but turkish had no excuse and jumped the shark.

Anyway, I'm still waiting for Japan to oficially dub MLP

The PT-BR (brazilian portuguese) dub is just horrible, in my opinion... I've seen a few episodes on the TV and I just couldn't stand some of the character voices.

The original voice acting being one of the special things the show has to make us happy, I feel like my country just ruined it...

Here are some examples:

Giggle at the Ghostie

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NJKdHJSUGM&feature=related

She's an Evil Enchantress

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LkRMYslG-0&feature=related

It's just... not right...

Pinkie sounds old and Rainbow Dash sounds like a guy passing through puberty. Not to mention they changed some parts of the script as well.

Oh, and unfortunately I couldn't find any other clips, but Applejack completely lost her accent.

... http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png

well here is the greek intro though I cannot find songs in greek because they only made up to episode 4 I think or something and they only have the full episodes ooh well

Narrator voice is Twiligths voice

People also say in the comments that we have a sexy Rarity voice XD

she sound a bit like katara ._.

I thought that voice sounded slightly familiar, so I had to double check just to make sure. Glad I wasn't the only one to have noticed that one.

I have only seen the show in Swedish other than English (since I'm a Swede, I see it on TV all the time), and it sucks. Spitfire is the only good thing actually.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcQxXpFIID0

Underskruvarna... yuck.

..Spitfire? Good thing?

That's a man voicing her.

A man.