Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have You ever watched MLP in other languages then your own?

The Extemper

I watch MLP in English and german. English because I can see directly the new episodes and german because it's my native language and I also became a brony after I watched the first episodes in german. I like both. 

From other languages, I only know some scenes. 

I discovered MLP in french version, because it is my native language, but now that I watch it in english I can tell the french version is... Terrible... Just see how they called Nightmare Moon or Starswirl the Bearded! And the elements of harmony turning into the elements of balance...   >_>

I always watch Pluszcz's youtube videos, so I always see what the songs, voices etc are like in other languages. I also watched some of his Polish voiceover videos which sound hilarious but I just wish I could understand haha

• 2 months later...
  • 6 years later...
(edited)

I used to watch episodes in German when I was learning! (or at least I watched with German subtitles?) I haven't watched in a different language in a while, but this thread got me curious so I looked up and found the Japanese dub of This Day Aria. I dare say I like it better than the original! :o The delivery for evil cadance gave me chills!

Here's the video! Since I should probably show what I'm talking about :twismile: I love the evil cadance portion at 0:44 specifically

Edited by bubbleteapony

I have watched it in original English (since my language is Swedish).

And then I have listened to some songs in other languages, like Finish, Japanese. But I haven't seen FIM in my own language because it is so weird.

• Brohoof 1

I only look at some clips in english here and there. My native language is german and this is also the language I watch the show in. Always, I stick to it, it's so amazingly good. :eager:
I don't think I will get used to the english voices (but I like a few, such as Lily Lace), I just love the german ones so much. It's just the way I know and love all these incredible characters. :wub:

• Brohoof 1

I watched the entire show in English as I usually prefer to watch TV shows in the original language (and with subtitles if I do not understand that language). I have seen a little bit of it in Lithuanian and I also read a Lithuanian description of the movie, which made me laugh at how they translated the names of the main characters.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...