Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Smile, Smile, Smile Challenge!

RainbowAwesome

DANG IT!!!!

I was so close, I was almost to the end!!! :angry:

I'm impressed with this challenge. After attempting so many times, I've come to realize...

ONE DOES NOT SIMPLY

SING "SMILE, SMILE, SMILE" WITHOUT SMILING

Posted Image

Edited by Beat Shock

• 9 months later...

I "love" to revive the topics that's been dead for years. Sorry about it. ;3

First trial. It is not impossibru like not at all, and I don't want to brag or something, but it was no challenge to me.

Congrats, but I sang to it without smiling...beat that...also I'm Bluemansonic on Youtube, that's how I found you was check my MLPForums messages tthen click youtube link then found your video...(I hate the 100 letters minimum thing)

I have now idea how! BUT I DID IT ON THE FIRST TRY!

so, i will have to try singing it sometime, and i dont think i can do it... but who knows

challenge accepted.

got it, with singing on first try. but then i increased the difficulty, to the point i could not help but smile. for those who say they also got it on their first try, here's my conditions:

-singing along

-doing something funny/entertaining.(for me it was the captioned pictures while reading this thread)

-upped ante...not just no smile, no emotion whatsoever (no crying, acting like fluttershy, puking, etc...)

I lost it when i saw someone's post had the "impossibru!" picture. and the song just made me laugh for a long time afterwards. 

If someone can really do these conditions without smiling, i wish to ask you to check if your heart is still there, or if it had been cut out and stolen by Chrysalis.

challenge accepted.

got it, with singing on first try. but then i increased the difficulty, to the point i could not help but smile. for those who say they also got it on their first try, here's my conditions:

-singing along

-doing something funny/entertaining.(for me it was the captioned pictures while reading this thread)

-upped ante...not just no smile, no emotion whatsoever (no crying, acting like fluttershy, puking, etc...)

I lost it when i saw someone's post had the "impossibru!" picture. and the song just made me laugh for a long time afterwards. 

If someone can really do these conditions without smiling, i wish to ask you to check if your heart is still there, or if it had been cut out and stolen by Chrysalis.

Then call me a changeling for all I care, I did the challenge to prove I'm not a nobody.....I am sick and tired of finding one-shot gigs and the projects either get cancelled, my job gets into the schedule, or the projects take way longer than originally planned...I just want to be known s a great voice actor...But...I'm a nobody...........

I'll give it all I got, I really will try this. I always listen to this song to make me smile when I'm sad so I'll just have a stone face throughout the whole thing this time. No expression at all.

Impossible. I'm a joyful idiot and I love Pinkie Pie so much, I hereby declare myself physically unfit for this challenge.

But hey, I listen to this song every day. Let's see how far I get!

• Attempt 1: Lost it at the very first second. That initial grin she has... :')
  • Attempt 2: Managed up to "kie~" and lost it again.
  • Attempt 3: At this point I had about six or so attempts where I was grinning before the video began :P
  • Attempt 10: Okay, this is going fine, I'm maintaining my grin and... OKAY SHE'S SINGING UP A TREE, GIANT SMILE
  • Attempt 11: Grit my teeth, strain to keep my mouth from smiling, and make it further... until she sang "Frieeeends!"
  • Attempt 12: Lost it at the very first second again :3

I will never complete this challenge. Pinkie is too cute and amazing.

I'm going to try it and I'm also going to record it. Then I'll post the video here :3

Tomorrow, will do.

Darn it I need more characters.

(edited)

*Sees challenge*

Okay so you state that it is impossible to watch this video without smiling in the slightest, alright well I like to try your theory out.

*Clicks on video*

At first it is somewhat easy.

"My name is Pinkie Pie (Hello!)"  <---her voice when she says hello. 

"And I am here to say (How ya doin'?)" <---so high-pitch and adorable!

"I'm gonna make you smile, and I will brighten up your day-aaay!"

"It doesn't matter now (What's up?)" <--- How does one even make a voice like that??blink.png 

"If you are sad or blue (Howdy!)"

*Finds her voice so funny and cute, lips start to move slightly but manages to hold it together.

A little further into the song...continues to struggle by Pinkie Pie's smiles and ridiculously high-pitched voice alone.

Then the first chorus comes up.

20120220034122!Pinkie_Pie_smiling_song_S

*My struggling increases greatly.

Then this scene....

mlfw3012-J9S6u.gif

My reaction:

mother-god-meme1.jpg

That face.....

pinkie_pie_in___yes__i_do___by_dm29-d54eThat finally got me to smile. 

dan__s_smile_gif_by_anthonyssmoshling-d5

Plus Pinkie Pie is one of my favorite ponies.

So even the very thought of attempting this was all but a fail.

At least I enjoyed the song and got to see Pinkie pie! laugh.png

Edited by Dsanders17
  • Brohoof 4

My name is Sky Warden (Hello!)

And I am here to say (Challenge accepted!)

I'm gonna hold my smile and I will listen to the Smile~

It doesn't matter now (What's up?)

If I am sad or blue (Howdy!)

'Cause taking up challenge is just what Wardy's here to do~

*Two minutes later*

It's true some song are loud and happy~

And maybe you feel that~

But Wardy will be there to show you that it isn't that hard~

*Another minute later*

I really can't hold my smile~

Your song fills me with glee~

I meant a frown but made a smile~

And that's so killing to me!

'Cause I hate to show you me~ beam~ beam~

Yes I do~

Tell me what more can I say to make you~ see~ that I can't~

It makes me happy when she sings~ sings~ sings~

Yes it always makes my day~

Buck this everypony smile~ smile~ smile~

Fill my heart up with sunshine sunshine

We can't really hold to smile~ smile~ smile~

From this happy song of her~

It's the greatest song for me~

To listen to Pinkie Pie~

It makes me happy as can be~

Smile~ smile~ smile~ smile~ smile~

SMIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEE~~~~~~~

Buck this and smile~

Buck this and smile~

Buck this and smile~

Buck this and smile~

• Brohoof 3

What you are proposing is a physical impossibilty. You'd have to have a heart of ice and a soul as black as coal (Hey that rhymes!) to not smile during such a heartwarming and joyous song. As such, I will not even attempt this challenge as failure is the only (and happier!) outcome.

Well then I must have a heart of ice and a soul as black as coal since I didn't smile sad.png . I even tried singing it but I still didn't smile. Is something wrong with me?blink.png  It's still my favourite song though!

(edited)

i just did it. being a constant downer helps a lot. also being able to resist pinkies adorable smile.

Id like to see someone listen to 'so many wonders' without smiling. that would be a true challenge.

just sang it without smiling. the part at the end where they all gang up and sing 'come on everypony smile smile smile.' is where it gets easy. stupid part of the song.

boom did them both, then again i don't smile very much and im tired as hell been up all night had about six coffees and had some cake. oh and if you what a challenge listen to luna's reply  without smiling or feeling a sad

Edited by pwnylord37

Then call me a changeling for all I care, I did the challenge to prove I'm not a nobody.....I am sick and tired of finding one-shot gigs and the projects either get cancelled, my job gets into the schedule, or the projects take way longer than originally planned...I just want to be known s a great voice actor...But...I'm a nobody...........

hey, don't worry about the failures that are happening to you, if you really try, it will come true soon enough. i'm not saying that as a cliche, I can testify that is really does happen, except for me it is science. just get inspiration from RD's and the wonderbolts. She is completely determined no matter how long it takes. and she gets closer and closer each time to the big goal. and when it finally happens after all the time you spent, it will really be precious to you. after all, the value of something to a person is in the amount of effort or time they are willing to put into trying it. so keep calm and carry on, and you know you always have a friendship in this fandom to fall on.

• Brohoof 1

I don't know why I'm smiling so dang much while watching this. More than normal. Probably because I know I can't due to the challenge. I couldn't even make it 30 seconds in the video without grinning.

(edited)

I don't know exactly why, but for me it was pretty dang easy. Here's my reaction:

And there it is. The only proof that I'm actually a heartless rock. How nice.

Edited by Antidermis

No problem, I sang it monotone and didn't even think about smiling.

What you are proposing is a physical impossibilty. You'd have to have a heart of ice and a soul as black as coal (Hey that rhymes!) to not smile during such a heartwarming and joyous song. As such, I will not even attempt this challenge as failure is the only (and happier!) outcome.

I sing this song all the time while on my ps3 or x box, and when you are killing people while playing Battlefield, you lose the happieness factor.I can watch almost any video and not laugh.

I DID IT!!! I'm a heartless freak for not smiling at that song!!! I even sang a  bit! But that's weird 'cause I most like pinkie pie out off the mane 6,so that's weird.Even the random flash mob didn't do me in.yay.png Oh well,better luck next time Pinkie.   

post-11309-0-31352100-1373035036_thumb.png

Fail.

I cracked a smile when Pinkie was jump-roping with the little fillies. Other than that I didn't smile. It was hard not to though.

Oh my god; this is so hard to do! Pinkie just has someway to make you smile! I LOVE YOU PINKIE ! Heh, fangirl moment there. This song puts me in such a good mood.