Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Favourite Kind Of Music?

Lightning Fluttershy

So I was thinking, I pretty much all kinds of music (Except for country and Nikki Minaj) but I bet you guys have different opinions.

I'm fairly new to this forum and I would like to learn more about my fellow Bronies!

So I ask you, What kind of of music do you like to listen to? Do you have a favourite music video?

Tbh I like Hard Rock the best and my favourite music video is Bat County by Avenged Sevenfold.

Thrash metal, Classical, Grunge, Ambient, hard rock/metal and Progressive rock. Oh and acid rock.

favorite songs/music videos (if they have one) in each genre

Thrash metal-Enter Sandman (Metallica) or Madhouse (Anthrax).

Classical-Symphony number 5 (Beethoven)

Grunge- Shine (collective soul)

Ambient- Baptism of Solitude. (Buckethead)

Hard rock/metal- War Pigs (Black Sabbath)

Progressive rock- 2112 (Rush)

Acid Rock- Anything by the Grateful Dead.

• Brohoof 1

Errything with the exception of modern metal, modern rap, electronica/dubstep/*8-bit/Nerdcore, indie and modern pop. I also don't like those ridiculous new genres that consist of like one or two instruments lol

I listen to basically anything but I DO have my preferences. They go something like:

• Rock. All kinds of rock are allowed here, from punk to classical. Especially hard rock, that's my favorite in the rock genre.
  • Metal. I like metal as well. 'Nuff said there.
  • A big variety of techno, dubstep, eurobeat, italo-disco (thanks to Ashbad :) ) EDM,chiptune, and anything else you can imagine in the whole "electronica" genre
  • Rap/hip-hop. Some indie rappers are really good and some hip-hop can be decent. Not really too much mainstream rap or hip-hop, that's trash to me.

The only thing I really don't like is mainstream pop,it's all so unoriginal and frankly boring nowadays.

Pretty much everything except modern pop and modern country. Older stuff from both genres isn't as bad, I'll listen to it, but it's not that great.

As anybody who's talked music with me will already know, my favorite genre is by far progressive metal :)

• Brohoof 1

I'm into many/all varieties of music.

One favorite is emo/screamo music. It's not what you think it is (nothing like My Chemical Romance or Black Veil Brides) The real deal, like I Hate Myself, The Kodan Armada, Envy, Orchid, Pianos Become the Teeth, Loma Prieta, Barrow, CityCop, etc.

Also into electronic, post-rock, ambient, folk, indie, and others. It's sometimes to pick one.

I'm into many/all varieties of music.

One favorite is emo/screamo music. It's not what you think it is (nothing like My Chemical Romance or Black Veil Brides) The real deal, like I Hate Myself, The Kodan Armada, Envy, Orchid, Pianos Become the Teeth, Loma Prieta, Barrow, CityCop, etc.

Also into electronic, post-rock, ambient, folk, indie, and others. It's sometimes to pick one.

Ha people who call My Chemical Romance screamo have no ideo what they're talking about. I agree with you. you mean people like BrokenCYDE

That's difficult to pinpoint, but I'm a metal enthusiast. Folk metal is the best thing ever created in the genre, that genre is just so catchy plus it's great musicianship blending traditional folk instruments/elements together with it. I'll dip into anything except country, modern pop, and most other modern popular music. It's not because it's popular, it's because the modern popular music is just terrible.

Electronic Dubstep ;3 example: 20% Cooler Alex S. remix. It's simply the best for me. I also admit I like Electronica and dubstep seperately, but their better together.

• Brohoof 1

I guess my favorite kinds of music would be horrorcore rap, some underground rappers, some heavy and death metal, and rock music.

I was never a fan of dubstep or hardstyle stuff. I hear a lot of other bronies like that, but not me.

Ha people who call My Chemical Romance screamo have no ideo what they're talking about. I agree with you. you mean people like BrokenCYDE

I meant MCR was misunderstood for emo, but you're definitely right! & Brokencyde is absolutely horrendous.

I very rarely listen to anything outside of the "Hardcore Electronic" genres. You know, J-core, K-core, UK Hardcore, Happy Hardcore, etc. etc.

If I do stop outside my typical music genre, I'm usually listening to... Classical. The two are just so completely related.

basically everything. i started out as a fan of electronic music, more specifically, a fan of this guy's music i was a real hardcore fan of him until he introduced me to a number of different independent electronic artists, which broadened my tastes of music widely. i then got introduced to psytrance via my bf, where i discovered a huge amount of it, garnered a huge love towards it, downtempo, and ambient music. i think i opened up more to metal after i heard Meshuggah's Bleed, and my tastes opened up more for this kind of music: i liked the aggressive sound of the music, and me being a fan of harsh, noisy breakcore/hardcore music, i looked it up.

after that it gets kinda hard to trace it all from. i have a number of genres i am particularly fond of, namely breakcore, speedcore, gabber, psytrance, dowmtempo, and others, but i listen to everything these days, and my record collection is elective: from blues to pop to acid jazz to rock to metal to experimental harsh noise and what else genres of music there is.

basically, if you show me any kind of song from any kind of band, i'll be sure to enjoy it. i love any and all kinds of music.

i'd post some examples of what i like but i'm 'fraid it would clog up this thread too much. :P here's two different tracks to show what i mean by elective tastes, though:

Thrash Metal, because IT IS THE ONLY KIND OF METAL WORTH LISTENING TO. /sarcasm But outside of the Metal stuff, I've only bothered to listen to a little bit of Liquid DnB thanks to RKA.

Well, I have seen a few of these threads, recently.. ;-;

They never end. ._.

• Brohoof 1

I really like progressive metal like Blind Guardian and Tool. I like hard rock like Skid Row. I also like Post-Grunge like Breaking Benjamin and Space Disco is a guilty pleasure XD.