Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's Fluttershy doing with everypony's gala dress?

Kodiak

I was watching "A Bird in the Hoof" and noticed Twilight Sparkle (left) and Pinkie Pie's (right) gala dresses in Fluttershy's closet. Anypony else catch on to this?

Posted Image

Edited by Kodiak
  • Shocked 1

...She's a hoarder.

They dumped 'em after the Gala, but Fluttershy went throught their trash, found the dresses, and hoarded them.

she did this because she wants to play dress ups with her pets!

Background filling without much consequence of consideration or oversight, like many elements of the show people analyze for being indicative of things in the show's universe. Like Twilight's globe. Oddly enough, no one bothers to think about where Pinkie Pie got a bicycle-like helicopter which seems to be incredibly efficient in using principles of mechanical systems that are not shown in any other part of the show before or since: namely bicycles and self-propelled aircraft.

• Brohoof 1

Looks like those animators are beginning to get a little lazy with some of the background items just like they have with background ponies. :P

I suppose it's just efficient to re-use the dresses to avoid having to create new ones from scratch. But then again, Hasbro are generally pretty good when it comes to distinctive backdrops, I'd probably guess that they were rushed for time when producing the episode.

As for some sort of fannon explanation, perhaps the dresses were being stored at Fluttershy's in order to prevent them from getting either in the way or damaged at Rarity's store, and seeing as Fluttershy is probably one of Rarity's closer friends, she likely offered to store them for her, being the element of kindness and all.

Background filling without much consequence of consideration or oversight, like many elements of the show people analyze for being indicative of things in the show's universe. Like Twilight's globe. Oddly enough, no one bothers to think about where Pinkie Pie got a bicycle-like helicopter which seems to be incredibly efficient in using principles of mechanical systems that are not shown in any other part of the show before or since: namely bicycles and self-propelled aircraft.

Actually, Pencils came up with a fantastically thought-out theory portraying Pinkie Pie as a superhuman... er, superpony genius. I think you could have a field day with it. ;)

Looks like those animators are beginning to get a little lazy with some of the background items just like they have with background ponies. :P

I suppose it's just efficient to re-use the dresses to avoid having to create new ones from scratch. But then again, Hasbro are generally pretty good when it comes to distinctive backdrops, I'd probably guess that they were rushed for time when producing the episode.

Would you rather have them working on developing the wonderful new scenarios we watch the show for, or drawing background dresses?

Would you rather have them working on developing the wonderful new scenarios we watch the show for, or drawing background dresses?

Oh come now, you know the answer to that.

I'm just having a bit of a light hearted ridicule, with no intended criticism. No justification of development management required here. ;)

Edited by Swoop
  • Brohoof 1

Twi lives in a library, Rarity has enough dresses to look after, Pinkie Pie is Pinkie Pie, Applejack wouldn't properly care for them, and Rainbow couldn't be bothered with her training.

Fluttershy is Equestria's bag of holding.

• Brohoof 1

Twi lives in a library, Rarity has enough dresses to look after, Pinkie Pie is Pinkie Pie, Applejack wouldn't properly care for them, and Rainbow couldn't be bothered with her training.

Fluttershy is Equestria's bag of holding.

Fluttershy = drug dealer? Y'know since she's always *sunglasses* holding. YEEEEEAAAAHHHHH

Edited by Doctor XFizzle
  • Brohoof 1