Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Grimdark MLP Fanfics and Creepypasta

falzar

I think MLD is way overrated,

and found it horribly written..

Yeah, I won't lie there were times when reading My Little Dashie when I felt like it was nothing more than a semi-developed tearjerker with little to hold it's ground.
  • Brohoof 2

I'm pretty sure you only hate it because you don't like Rainbow Dash.

I'm sure if it was called "My Little Rarity" you would love it.

It is true I dislike RainbowDash, but I have read many Rarity fanfics with the same reaction.

Writing does nothing for me,

and as someone who won an award for writing, I can tell you that MLD is horribly written ~

It is true I dislike RainbowDash, but I have read many Rarity fanfics with the same reaction.

Writing does nothing for me,

and as someone who won an award for writing, I can tell you that MLD is horribly written ~

I see, sorry for the misunderstanding :)

Cupcakes was very good actually! I feel like the small minority who sees this fanfic as pure genius! It helped convey a semi-realistic, alter-ego with Pinkie Pie. Seeing how crazy she normally is, it definitely displayed irony on her part in being a serial killer. A serial killer with no regrets, and pure excitement in her work. Very apathetic to one's suffering, even to one of her best friends. It had a nice pacing, the gore was nice, and the fact it lets off on a note to where Pinkie's still around, it definitely calls out for sequels for the gore fans to fill in!

The saddest, and also best written, would be a very underrated fic called "A Broken Bond". A story where Apple Bloom went against a plea Scootaloo told her, (which was not to ride her scooter in case of her breaking it) but ended up doing it anyway. Scootaloo was furious,and cut her friendship with Apple Bloom off. The destruction of the scooter triggered a dark past in Scootaloo's life. Feeling very guilty, Apple Bloom tries doing anything to repair the bike, therefore, repairing their friendship as well.

I'd explain the rest but that's not what we're doing here.

I loved this fanfic for the same reason I loved "Cupcakes", It seemed so realistic. The fact that a true friend would do anything to keep a true friendship, is an amazing feat. Also, I'm a fan of people doing fan-backstories on Scootaloo. (But I hate the Scootabuse) I gives her more of a character, more holes being filled in than the show does. Her past is sad, but not too sad to be your mundane, annoying sad story that no one ever wants to pay attention to.

I think I've made my point already. If you TL;DR'd this, I don't blame you. :blush:

• Brohoof 1

I don't read fanfics. I only read Cupcakes and My Little Dashie because they were so popular. Cupcakes wasn't scary at all. I knew pretty much what was gonna happen at the end, and it was boring to me. My Little Dashie was pretty sad, even though I knew the inevitable end. I guess its the realtionship that guy has with Rainbow Dash.

Well, most people (not bronies) would say that something like ponies preforming scary stuff doesn't really fit right. I can't really argue with that either, "Cupcakes" and "The Rainbow Factory" weren't exactly what I would call Nightmare Fuel, you know? The most I can really say about the two is that they are creative and dramatic; I love dramatic stuff, it helps pumps my blood during adventure.

Cupcakes? Lame Posted Image

Sweet Apple Massacre? Laughable Posted Image

If you actually ever read grimdark fanfics from another fandom, you will know that these two was just silly. It's like expecting someone to puke when all you ever did was screaming around waving pig intestines filled with creamy vanilla caramel.

Like someone said earlier, Silent Ponyville is one of the best. Not because it's scary, but because it was nicely written.

• Brohoof 2

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
(edited)

PLEASE somthing worse than cupcakes is The Experiments of Twilight Sparkle. As for saddest I will break away from the norm and say Heart of Stone is saddest. Although I agree with dreamwalker Silent Ponyville is very well written, the same reason I KEEP CHECKING THAT FOURM.

Edited by TheMiniGaunt

(edited)

Scariest:Cupcakes.Gave me lots of nightmares

Saddest:My Little Dashie,Bittersweet,Somewhere Only We Know,Dreaming with Ponies

Edited by Dino-Mario

(edited)

Lol I feel like I've said this alot, but my favorite is called "A Fun Day": http://www.fimfictio...2332/A-Fun-Day!

WARNING: EXTREMELY NSFW

I hope nobody thinks I'm a psycho for liking it but it's hilarious if you have the right sense of humor...

Hi, I'm the author of that story

I'm happy people like it enough to post it on forums like this - I found out through my fimfics page - but I just wanted to make sure everybody knows that It's NSFW and definitely NOT FOR KIDS. God forbid some little kid reads it, that might be traumatizing especially if they like scootaloo lol. So please, just be warned.

Cheers,

DWK

Edited by DontWannaKnow

I've heard good things about the last two fics. I have yet to check them out.

The only ones I've read was Cupcakes and Evilshy's sequel to Cupcakes "Kindred Spirit".

I thought the original Cupcakes was rubbish. The concept was good but the fic itself failed to please me! As for Evilshy's sequel. It was made to have NO GORE! I thought that this actually improved the fiction. Just goes to show that you don't need blood and guts to write a brutal dark murder!

I've been planning to write my own grimdark fic about ponies... well about Ponies indirectly. There are ponies in the fic, but they are not murdered. Instead a few human victims and completely insane serial killer set the stage along with his imaginary Ponies!

*wandering through sugarcube corner*

*enter grimdark thread*

*see my fanfic gettin talked about*

Posted Image

Wanders in forums, sees the person post about how his fanfic is not for kids and not if you like scooterloo....

Oh no I already did a dare and read one, So no

Why the crap do I never freaking listen to warnings....

My Little Slave is a hilarious, hilarious rapefic if you're into that kinda stuff.

I feel like those two words shouldn't be used together...

Then again maybe I'm "not into that kinda stuff".

*wandering through sugarcube corner*

*enter grimdark thread*

*see my fanfic gettin talked about*

Posted Image

Man this was a LONG time ago, but yeah anytime.

My Little Slave is a hilarious, hilarious rapefic if you're into that kinda stuff.

Oh freak no, no more rape in any fic, just please no, (I got all that from a 24 freaking chapter one I was dared to read today....O

Hi, I'm the author of that story

I'm happy people like it enough to post it on forums like this - I found out through my fimfics page - but I just wanted to make sure everybody knows that It's NSFW and definitely NOT FOR KIDS. God forbid some little kid reads it, that might be traumatizing especially if they like scootaloo lol. So please, just be warned.

Cheers,

DWK

I was wondering if I'd ever meet the lunatic who wrote this masterpiece

kudos to you, sir

• 3 months later...

Lol I feel like I've said this alot, but my favorite is called "A Fun Day": http://www.fimfictio...2332/A-Fun-Day!

WARNING: EXTREMELY NSFW

I hope nobody thinks I'm a psycho for liking it but it's hilarious if you have the right sense of humor...

Bwaaaaah! I'm scarred for life. I managed to read cupcakes without nightmares, but this... Omaigawd. This one isn't for me. Honestly, though, the author did an amazing job at writing it... I just don't exactly... enjoy the idea. Whatever. To each their own. Thanks for the link, though.

the only one ive read is cupcakes, i kinda liked it...

:( I know that feel bro... :(

It may have scared the shit outta me, but I have to respect Sergeant Sprinkles' originality.

I mean Cupcakes led the way for so many other grimdark fanfics.

Not sure if this is the right place, but alas, I have posted it anyways. Your most mentally scarring doesn't have to be grimdark, btw. For me, mine is "A Fun Day". Especially because I like Scootaloo. I feel terrible for reading it, and now have one scene stuck in my head. To me, the only cure for a mental scar from a fanfic, is to write a worse one, so expect a fanfiic from me after I get "Cupcake" rank!

I made it through Cupcakes without nightmares, but got excited and decided to push my limit with about 5 other grimdarks. I now am scarred for life.