Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Worst Cartoon shows?

PonyPassions

do some of you remember the old ironman cartoon that it used to air in what it was called Fox Kids? haha laugh.png

man, that cartoon was so boring that used to watch it to sleep.

the characters were so stiff and emotionless that it would be more enjoyable to actually read the comic book!

Eh, I just don't see it. I can't really think of a single saga that went exactly like you listed them to be. But you know what, that's just me. It's obvious we see the series differently, so it's probably for the best if we just agree to disagree.

I can go with that smile.png

now for some crazy filler here since i'm not sure what else to add except that i def don't remember that Iron can... man series....

But it reminds me of the super friends and such series... so stiff, over bright, and blurry...

but this one def takes the cake for all of that.. wow...

In other news... i'm a cupcake now... mmm cupcake...

Edited by GrimCW

I'm not going to lie, I think MOST cartoons of today are absolute rubbish. I won't go into why I dislike these, because my fellow Bronies in this thread have already covered most of them.

I don't think Nickelodeon has a single good cartoon on their channel now. Well, okay Avatar is a gem, but how often do they play it?

- Spongebob hasn't been good in years.

- T.U.F.F. Puppy is terrible.

- The Penguins of Madagascar is horribly boring.

- The new TMNT is awful.

Sometimes the Nicktoons channel plays some of Nick's better stuff, but they play way too much Dragon Ball GT, which I tried to enjoy, but couldn't.

Cartoon Network has been getting better. It was at an all time low in 2009 when shows like Chowder and Flapjack were constantly on. They still have a lot of stinkers today though:

- Never cared for Gumball

- Problem Solverz

- Stupid Mountain Fort Awful

- Annoying Orange

- Almost all of their live action shows are utter trash

- Total Drama Island is a disgrace

And I don't know what Disney plays these days, so I can't comment. The Hub has some decent shows like Littlest Pet Shop, Pound Puppies, Dan Vs, and obviously, MLP FiM.

Probably the best cartoons I can think of that are on TV today are: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, Adventure Time, Regular Show, Gravity Falls, Avatar the Last Airbender/Legend of Korra. That would be my top five anyway, in no particular order except Ponies on top of course. wink.png

Edited by Sugar Cube

another that I came across...is Clone Wars. they had this animated version a few years ago, that was only about...14 episodes(?) long...the animation looked really good...then there's the computer animated version, with Anakin's padawan. I mean, they're building him up to be this "hero" figure...that doesn't seem right at all.

kids are looking up to Anakin, and saying how great a hero he is...I'm sure, they've seen Star Wars Episode III-Revenge of the Sith, so they know, what he does, and who he becomes...so why must Cartoon Network...oh wait...CN building up a heinous villian, back in his early days to be this "great and wonderful hero", just so they have a time slot filler...yup, that sounds like their work. :P

In my own opinion I HATE shows like Adventure Time, Regular Time and The Amazing World of Gumball... The animation was shite, the story lines (when there was one) were shite and yeah, just stupid in my own opinion.

1) iCarly - O RLY? A show about 2 girls making a web show? I would rather watch more random GMOD videos if I have to.

2) Bakugan Battle Brawlers - Not another rubish card game with lots of pointless moves you got to play. I have Magic: The gathering cards, play by that rules

3) All Disney Live Action Shows - Pointless plot holes, and non-mature jokes (ex: Jessie)

And my worst cartoon of all:

Spongebob

Spongebob is a type of show here all they do is... basicly... STUPID!!! After Season 3, it was so bucking horrible to watch.

At least I watch Teen Nick's shows, MLP, and Yugioh (The oringial, and Zexal)

Looney Tunes.

It's okay, put down the shotguns, I mean the new one. They remade it into one of the worst things I've ever seen in my life. Now it's filled with dumb jokes about dating and celebrities. Seriously, I want the old one back. :( They don't show it anymore on the channels I have.

Also, I'm kinda surprised everyone here is saying Ben 10. I used to like it. Except the new ones where he's a teenager and all that, they're terrible. 

Kid VS Kat.

I don't even need to explain. 

My Goldfish is Evil

I hate this show. So damn much.

The Simpsons.

Lol, gotcha! XD Even though the new ones are kinda bad...

As Nelson would say...

HA HA!

I feel I have a confession to make. I hate Animaniacs. They annoy me so much. The show definitely isn't bad, I'm not saying that, but there's something about it that really makes me wanna throw stuff at the screen. 

• 1 month later...

there's alot of programming on these days, that's just beyond horrible...I'm almost afraid, to see the 2013 fall lineup now.

Kid VS Kat. I don't even need to explain.

I don't feel it's necessary either...a show, where the son gets blamed for everything, that goes wrong, and the sister and her cat are the "pure hearted angels" I mean, come on...seriously?

My Goldfish is Evil I hate this show. So damn much.

...don't think I've ever heard of that show before...but judging from it's name, I'm guessing it's not that great at all...there's another live action show, with a muppet...don't know what it's called, but it's got a laugh track on it...nuff said.

the remakes tend to be really terrible too...especially transformers...they never should've remade it multiple times...I mean GI Joe was remade once, and I don't think, it ever got off the ground at all...then there's Beast Wars, which for some reason was called Beasties in Canada.

Anything that airs on Cartoon Network that didn't originally air before the new millennium, maybe a few years after.

2000: Meh.

2005: Ok I guess...

2010: Where's the remote?

2013: How much does it cost to repair a 42 inch flatscreen? I'm about to destroy this one if the channel doesn't change NOW.

• Brohoof 1

This one's likely been brought up multiple times already, but I can't stand CN's abomination known as The Problem Solverz. Everything about it just screams "why bother?" to me, and the fact that it even got greenlighted stands as a testament to how far CN has fallen within the last decade.

1. That new show: Teen Titans Go. It completely ruins one of my all time favorite shows as a little kid.

2. MAD. I don't care much for random sketch shows plain but this one just completely ruins it, It's got horrid animation, Awful jokes, and I'd rather watch robot chicken then that peace of garbage.

3. just about ever single other show on cartoon networks except the old ones like Loony Tunes and Ed, Edd, and Eddy, Ect...

4. everything on Nickelodeon is just absolutely horrible.

5. Even Disney to a degree is getting more horrible by the year but at least it's somewhat tolerable to watch.

This is why I mostly only watch movies and videos online.

This one's likely been brought up multiple times already, but I can't stand CN's abomination known as The Problem Solverz. Everything about it just screams "why bother?" to me, and the fact that it even got greenlighted stands as a testament to how far CN has fallen within the last decade.

Holy crap, this! I heard that cartoon was originally supposed to be on Adult Swim, but they turned it down, and for good reason. It then got turned into a children's show and Cartoon Network itself picked it up... and it is probably one of the worst cartoons I've ever seen. It just looks like someone barfed all over the screen, and there is absolutely no personality or anything in the show, let alone humor.

Holy crap, this! I heard that cartoon was originally supposed to be on Adult Swim, but they turned it down, and for good reason. It then got turned into a children's show and Cartoon Network itself picked it up... and it is probably one of the worst cartoons I've ever seen. It just looks like someone barfed all over the screen, and there is absolutely no personality or anything in the show, let alone humor.

Originally slated for AS, eh? I believe it. And you know what? If Problem Solverz had the crass humor associated with most AS shows, I could see it being somewhat passable despite the lousy animation (after all, look at ATHF - "meh" animation, hilarious show). But honestly, did anyone really think there was going to be anything of value left over, once the show de-fanged of its potential for crude humor? They should've just jumped ship when they had the chance...

Originally slated for AS, eh? I believe it. And you know what? If Problem Solverz had the crass humor associated with most AS shows, I could see it being somewhat passable despite the lousy animation (after all, look at ATHF - "meh" animation, hilarious show). But honestly, did anyone really think there was going to be anything of value left over, once the show de-fanged of its potential for crude humor? They should've just jumped ship when they had the chance...

True, but another problem is that the characters just aren't interesting to me. In ATHF, all the characters have personality and charm that attract you to them and make you want to watch them. The characters from Problem Solverz... to be honest, I don't even remember their names, despite watching it two or three times, but they were just boring and felt flat and one-dimensional.

I suppose if the crass humor was done well, it could've been at least decent, but the characters still would've killed it. Having good and interesting characters is one of the major pulls of any show, and ATHF has good characters while Problem Solverz does not.

But this is all just my opinion.

• Brohoof 1

Tv....hmm...don't watch it because any sitcom is stupid, most cartoons teach stupidity, and overall everything on tv is garbage.  MLP stand out because of the internet, that's the way I got into it.  I do give shows a chance, but I am very down to earth and most shows just aren't...

I could name so many cartoon shows (many on Disney Channel and Cartoon Network) that I think are the worst. But the one that in my opinion is the absolute WORST, is Phineas and Ferb. I know a lot of people like it, but every episode is the same. Kids get an idea to build something, Candace is tries to stop/bust them, crazy scientist invents something, platypus destroys it and the thing the kids built gets destroyed as well, Candace never wins, credits. It gets pretty boring after 10-15 episodes.

• 1 year later...

One of which is Breadwinners. A show so bad, three minutes was an instant "this sucks."

The art style is garbage. It actually took me a wiki to find out they're ducks. The color choice makes it so much harder to find out what something is. Of all the choices they could've had for ducks it had to be green, GREEN FOR GRAPHICAL FARTS AND GARLIC. (AVGN reference.)

The animation is that of a Newgrounds noob's quality. Literally, it actually originated from an obscured YouTube video. Also, it doesn't even look good for it's time standards (2012) which was the same year SFM came out. Hell, Homestar Runner looks miles ahead and that series was made in like, 2001. 

The writing has no thought put into it except for "torture." Because the main characters are beyond unlikable. With no reason to feel bad for them other than the fact that their mindset is to be stupid and antagonising... TOWARDS EVERYONE!

• Brohoof 1

Almost Naked Animals would fit into this category. I dislike everything about it- the characters, the concept, the animation... Just uninspired and unbelievably boring.

Sanjay and Craig- While I admit to liking a few episodes, others were just plain terrible. It goes way too overboard on the gross out humor at times.

• Brohoof 1

Ermehgerd. You know that show about the 2 ducks who deliver bread to everybody in their town. And all the people in the town are ducks!!! Even the intro sux. It's so immature! I just  don't think it appropriate for young children. This show is called Breadwinners... even the animation is dreadful! Why the hell is this even a show? I mean, in the intro they freaking show their butts and bounce them up and down. I mean, this cartoon is going to stop when this season ends, I mean, why? Just, why?

• Brohoof 2

This is a difficult topic for me; I feel there are tons of great shows out there that people just don't really "get" and label as "bad" when they're really quite genius, with two modern examples being Adventure Time (this one is quite popular, but a lot of people I see still really 'don't get it') and Clarence (it looks awful from the commercials and such but you actually watch it and it's a really well-done and funny cartoon.  Well, most episodes anyway...)  

But then, there are really truly awful ones, unforgivably bad, the most recent being Problem Solverz, Secret Mountain Fort Awesome and Johnny Test (though the first season or two of Johnny back on Kids' WB was at least passable with actual effort put into the writing and animation that's looooooong gone now).  

Of course there're also those people who say entire eras were good or bad as far as animation, like 80S CARTOONS SUCKED or 90S CARTOONS RULED, but I'm here to tell you that every single era had the good, the bad, the great and the terrible.  I could go on for hours about this topic and list the truly worst cartoons from all throughout animation's history or something but I think I've said enough for one post, lol.

• Brohoof 3

Gumball 

uncle grandpa

pretty much any newish kids show (they just seem to be filled more and more with random crap, and not in the good way)

things like regular show and adventure time are also annoying but some shows are bearable ... with gritted teeth